An effective remedy for regulating your cholesterol naturally
Organic red yeast rice, organic green tea
3 + 1 free
Description: Cholesterol Balance
According to the European Commission,monacolin K from red yeast rice helps maintain normal cholesterol levels.
A combination of 2 natural components known for their ability to prevent and reduce blood cholesterol levels (LDL cholesterol) and cardiovascular risk factors.
Organic red yeast rice standardised to contain 1.6% monacolin K:
Our red yeast rice extract contains the quantities of monacolin K needed to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and the cardiovascular risk factors caused by the formation of atheromatous plaques in the artery walls.
Monacolin K belongs to the statin family: these are substances that inhibit the formation of the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase in the liver, responsible for the production of bad cholesterol.
Dry extract of organic green tea standardised to contain 45% polyphenols, 25% catechins and 7% EGCG:
Green tea contains antioxidant substances from the catechin family, including EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), which helps increase levels of good cholesterol (HDL), while reducing levels of bad cholesterol and protecting blood vessels from inflammations such as osteoarthritis and atheromatous plaques. It helps lower blood pressure and reduces cardiovascular and obesity risk factors.
Cholesterol Balance: Detailed information
Cholesterol is the body’s primary sterol and is found within lipoproteins, cell membranes, steroid hormones and bile acids. It is obtained exogenously through food and metabolised endogenously by the body.
There are two types of cholesterol, HDL cholesterol (high density lipoproteins or good cholesterol), and LDL cholesterol (low density lipoproteins, or bad cholesterol). If there is too much LDL cholesterol, it builds up in the walls of our blood vessels, forming atheromatous plaques (focal lesions that can clog arteries and hinder blood flow) that can lead to serious cardiovascular diseases.
A diet high in saturated fats, a sedentary lifestyle, a stressful environment and bad habits such as alcohol and tobacco harden the arteries and overload the heart. The synergy of organic red yeast rice and organic green tea offers a natural alternative to fight against atherosclerosis, lowering cholesterol and cardiovascular risk factors.
Common name: Red yeast rice
Product: Organic red yeast rice
Part used: Rice
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Monascus Purpureus Went
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 1.6% monacolin K
- Reduces total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and total triglyceride concentration in the blood by inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase1.
- Reduces adipogenesis (adipocyte formation) by reducing the activity of the enzyme glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GPDH)2.
Red yeast rice is obtained by fermenting the yeast Monascus purpureus on the rice grain. The resultant product is dehydrated and sieved to create a fine powder.
Red yeast rice contains monacolins; a family of 14 compounds. One of them, monacolin K, acts as a powerful inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, the enzyme responsible for the hepatic synthesis of cholesterol. Our organic red yeast rice is certified by ECOCERT and standardised to contain 1.6% monacolin K.
Common name: Green tea
Product: Organic TeamaxTM
Part used: Leaves
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Camellia sinensis
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 45% polyphenols, 25% catechins and 7% EGCG
- Tea polyphenols have been shown to fight against atherosclerosis and increase levels of good cholesterol (HDL)3.
- Catechins have hypocholesterolemic properties, reducing total cholesterol levels in the blood and increasing the excretion of fats and cholesterol through faecal matter4.
- Double-blind studies have found that green tea extract reduces cardiovascular risk factors by reducing blood pressure, levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and levels of oxidative stress that cause cell damage and chronic inflammation5.
- The action of EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) has been recognised as improving cardiovascular function, maintaining endothelial function and improving vascular homeostasis6.
- Green tea, specifically catechins and caffeine, promotes weight loss, which reduces the risks of cardiovascular disease7.
Green tea is obtained from the Camellia sinensis plant, whose leaves are picked fresh, and unlike other teas do not undergo a fermentation process, preventing the loss of antioxidants such as polyphenols, catechins and EGCG. This makes green tea one of the most powerful antioxidant plants.
Organic green tea extract contains a minimum of 45% polyphenols, 25% catechins and 7% EGCG, substances with hypocholesterolemic, hypotensive and slimming properties that reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
1. Cholesterol-lowering effects of a proprietary Chinese red-yeast-rice dietary supplement. David Heber et Al. 1999 American Society for Clinical Nutrition.
2. Red yeast rice extracts suppress adipogenesis by down-regulating adipogenic transcription factors and gene expression in 3T3-L1 cells. Taeil Jeon et Al. Life Sciences 2004.
3. Antioxidative activity of green tea polyphenol in cholesterol-fed rats. Takako Yokoawa et al. J. Agricultural and food chemistry.2002
4. Effect of green tea catechins on plasma cholesterol level in cholesterol-fed rats. Muramatsu K. et al. J. of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology.1986
5. Standardized capsule of Camellia sinensis lowers cardiovascular risk factors in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Meri P. Nantz et al. J. Nutrition. 2009
6. Green tea (Camellia sinensis) catechins and vascular function. Moore RJ. British Journal of Nutrition. 2009
7. Effect of green tea catechins with or without caffeine on anthropometric measures: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Phung OJ, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010
Ingredients: Cholesterol Balance Consulting batch information
In 2 capsules: 580 mg of red yeast rice* (Monascus purpureus Went) standardised to contain 1.6% monacolin (i.e. 9.2 mg), 194 mg dry extract of green tea leaves* (Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze) standardised to contain 45% polyphenols (i.e. 87.3 mg), 25% catechins (i.e. 48.5 mg) and 7% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) (i.e. 13.5 mg).
*From organic farming.
Maltodextrin*. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
*From organic farming.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Cholesterol Balance Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, adolescents, pregnant or lactating women (7.8 mg caffeine / 2 capsules). Not recommended for pregnant and lactating women, children and adolescents, individuals aged over 70, individuals with liver, kidney or muscular disorders, individuals taking medicines which may give rise to drug interactions (e.g. cholesterol-lowering drugs) and individuals intolerant of statins. Do not use if undergoing lipid-lowering treatment. To be consumed only with meals. Do not consume more than 10 mg of monacolin K / day. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist’s advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Cholesterol Balance Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory. GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines in force in the European pharmaceutical industry.
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.