Powerful calorie burner
Hot pepper extract (capsicum)
3 + 1 free
CAPSIMAX is a patented composition of capsicum extract.
Increases energy expenditure and promotes weight loss in men and women.
It has been clinically proven by a study carried out at the University of Oklahoma in the United States that taking Capsimax before exercise helps to raise the metabolism before, during and after exertion. Helping to burn off no less than 278 extra calories!
Stimulates the ‘digestion’ of carbohyrdates (sugars) in runners at rest and during exercise; boosts the oxidation of fats and burning of lipids needed for weight loss and reduces calorie intake.
Taking Capsimax helps to burn off 12 times more calories during rest.
This product received the 2009 Scientific Excellence Award from US-based organisation SupplySide West.
Capsimax: Detailed information
The hot chilli pepper, a red pepper found mainly in South America, contains capsaicin (the compound responsible for its hot taste!), whose effect on weight loss has been demonstrated in numerous studies.
However, in order to be effective, around 10 g of hot chilli pepper must be consumed daily over a period of weeks, which is not practical: capsicum extract is much too acidic for the stomach!
What's more, it's difficult to imagine being able to swallow pure hot pepper at breakfast! Or even to encapsulate this extract into a matrix inert enough to be able to be tolerated by the intestines and by the stomach.
This component offers many benefits: scientific studies have shown that, taken in 30 mg daily doses, capsicum extract improves thermogenesis, increases energy expenditure and promotes weight loss in both men (1) and women (2).
It stimulates the ‘digestion’ of carbohydrates (sugars) in runners at rest and during exercise (3), increases the oxidation of fats (4) and the burning of lipids needed for weight loss (5) and regulates calorie intake (6).
It also has an antioxidant effect on red blood cells and on liver cells (7), reduces oxidative stress (studies carried out on animals) (8). It also promotes hair growth: a test on alopecia sufferers found that, taken daily, 6 mg of capsaicin combined with 75 mg of isoflavone was an effective treatment (9).
One capsule of Capsimax corresponds to 315 mg of highly concentrated capsicum extract. It has been clinically proven by a study carried out on 25 subjects at the University of Oklahoma in the United States that taking Capsimax before exercise helps to raise the metabolism before, during and after exertion. Helping to burn off no less than 278 extra calories!
A real boost to your slimming regime, equivalent to:
- 1 hour and 20 minutes’ walking at moderate pace
- 25 minutes’ jogging
- 1 hamburger
- 1 slice of cheese pizza
- 2 chocolate cookies
(Conversely, daily consumption of an extra 278 calories per day can lead to a weight gain of over 25 pounds (12.5 kg) per year.). In other words, taking Capsimax helps to burn off 12 times more calories during rest.
(1) Yoshioka M, et al: Effects of red-pepper diet on the energy metabolism in men. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 1995; 41: 647–656.
(2) Yoshioka M, et al: Effects of red pepper added to high-fat and high-carbohydrate meals on energy metabolism and substrate utilization in Japanese women. BrJ Nutr 1998;80: 503–510
(3) Lim K, et al: Dietary red pepper ingestion increases carbohydrate oxidation at rest and during exercise in runners. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1997; 29: 355-61.
(4) Yoshioka M, et al: Effects of red pepper added to high-fat and high-carbohydrate meals on energy metabolism and substrate utilization in Japanese women. 503–510.
(5) Manuela P.G.M Lajeune et al: Effect of capsaicin on substrate oxidation and weight maintenance after modest bodyweight loss in human subjects. Br. J. Nutr (2003),90, 651-659.
(6) Westerterp-Plantenga MS, et al: Oral and gastrointestinal satiety effects of capsaicin on food intake (Abstract). Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2004; 28 (Suppl. 1):S35.
(7) Kempaiah RK, et al: Influence of dietary curcumin, capsaicin and garlic on the antioxidant status of red blood cells and the liver in high-fat-fed rats. Ann Nutr Metab. 2004 Sep-Oct: 48(5):314-20. Epub 2004 Oct 1
(8) Lee CY, et al: Short-term control of capsaicin on blood and oxidative stress of rats in vivo. Phytother Res. 2003 May: 17(5): 454-8.
(9) Naoaki Harada, et al: Administration of capsaicin and isoflavone promotes hair growth by increasing insulin-like growth factor-I production in mice and in humans with alopecia. Growth Hormone & IGF Research 17 (2007) 408-415.
Ingredients: Capsimax Consulting batch information
In 1 capsule: 315 mg of Capsimax™ (dry chili fruit extract (Capsicum annuum L.) standardised to contain 2% capsaicinoids (i.e. 6.3 mg)
Maltodextrin. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Capsimax Consulting batch information
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water, 30 to 60 minutes before exercise. On rest days, take one capsule with water before breakfast.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Capsimax Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
The quality of this product won it the 2009 Scientific Excellence Award for best nutritional supplement.