Powerful calorie burner
Hot pepper extract (capsicum)
Expiration date (End Of): 03/2025 | Ref. DD18
29,00 € (29,00 €)
315 mg / 60 capsules
This product allows you to accumulate 29 loyalty points. = 1,74€.
†N/A: Not applicable
**Capsimax™ is a registered trademark of OmniActive Health Technologies Limited.
Maltodextrin. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
CAPSIMAX is a patented composition of capsicum extract.
Increases energy expenditure and promotes weight loss in men and women.
It has been clinically proven by a study carried out at the University of Oklahoma in the United States that taking Capsimax before exercise helps to raise the metabolism before, during and after exertion. Helping to burn off no less than 278 extra calories!
Stimulates the ‘digestion’ of carbohyrdates (sugars) in runners at rest and during exercise; boosts the oxidation of fats and burning of lipids needed for weight loss and reduces calorie intake.
Taking Capsimax helps to burn off 12 times more calories for upto one hour after exercise.
This product received the 2009 Scientific Excellence Award from US-based organisation SupplySide West.
Capsimax: Detailed information
The hot chilli pepper, a red pepper found mainly in South America, contains capsaicin (the compound responsible for its hot taste!), whose effect on weight loss has been demonstrated in numerous studies.
However, in order to be effective, around 10 g of hot chilli pepper must be consumed daily over a period of weeks, which is not practical: capsicum extract is much too acidic for the stomach!
What's more, it's difficult to imagine being able to swallow pure hot pepper at breakfast! Or even to encapsulate this extract into a matrix inert enough to be able to be tolerated by the intestines and by the stomach.
This component offers many benefits: scientific studies have shown that, taken in 30 mg daily doses, capsicum extract improves thermogenesis, increases energy expenditure and promotes weight loss in both men1 and women2.
It stimulates the ‘digestion’ of carbohydrates (sugars) in runners at rest and during exercise3, increases the oxidation of fats3 and the burning of lipids needed for weight loss4 and regulates calorie intake5.
It also has an antioxidant effect on red blood cells and on liver cells6, reduces oxidative stress (studies carried out on animals)7. It also promotes hair growth: a test on alopecia sufferers found that, taken daily, 6 mg of capsaicin combined with 75 mg of isoflavone was an effective treatment8.
One capsule of Capsimax corresponds to 315 mg of highly concentrated capsicum extract. It has been clinically proven by a study carried out on 25 subjects at the University of Oklahoma in the United States that taking Capsimax before exercise helps to raise the metabolism before, during and after exertion. Helping to burn off no less than 278 extra calories!
A real boost to your slimming regime, equivalent to:
- 1 hour and 20 minutes’ walking at moderate pace
- 25 minutes’ jogging
- 1 hamburger
- 1 slice of cheese pizza
- 2 chocolate cookies
(Conversely, daily consumption of an extra 278 calories per day can lead to a weight gain of over 25 pounds (12.5 kg) per year.). In other words, taking Taking Capsimax helps to burn off 12 times more calories for upto one hour after exercise.
- Effects of red-pepper diet on the energy metabolism in men. Yoshioka M, et al. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 1995; 41: 647–656.
- Effects of red pepper added to high-fat and high-carbohydrate meals on energy metabolism and substrate utilization in Japanese women. Yoshioka M, et al. Br J Nutr 1998;80: 503–510.
- Dietary red pepper ingestion increases carbohydrate oxidation at rest and during exercise in runners. Lim K, et al. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1997; 29: 355-61.
- Effect of capsaicin on substrate oxidation and weight maintenance after modest body-weight loss in human subjects. Manuela P.G.M Lajeune et al. Br. J. Nutr (2003),90, 651-659.
- Oral and gastrointestinal satiety effects of capsaicin on food intake. Westerterp-Plantenga MS, et al. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2004; 28 (Suppl. 1): S35 .
- Influence of dietary curcumin, capsaicin and garlic on the antioxidant status of red blood cells and the liver in high-fat-fed rats. Kempaiah RK,et al. Ann Nutr Metab. 2004 Sep-Oct: 48(5):314-20. Epub 2004 Oct 1.
- Short-term control of capsaicin on blood and oxidative stress of rats in vivo. Lee CY, et al. Phytother Res. 2003 May: 17(5): 454-8.
- Administration of capsaicin and isoflavone promotes hair growth by increasing insulin-like growth factor-I production in mice and in humans with alopecia. Naoaki Harada, et al. Growth Hormone & IGF Research 17 (2007) 408-415.
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water, 30 to 60 minutes before exercise. On rest days, take one capsule with water before breakfast.
This product can cause intestinal discomfort in some people. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
BOTANICAL NAMECapsicum annuum L.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER60 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
The quality of this product won it the 2009 Scientific Excellence Award for best nutritional supplement.
Certificate issue date: 2023/03/31
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.