- Weight loss
Great natural appetite suppressant, promote intestinal transit and protects the digestive system
Standardised to contain 90% glucomannan
Expiration date (End Of): 12/2022 |
Lot: D14237 | Ref. DG64
3 + 1 free
Ingredients: Konjac Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Anti-caking agent (E551): silicon dioxide. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Glucomannan in the context of an energy restricted diet contributes to weight loss.
Konjac tuber (Amorphophallus konjac K. Koch) is rich in glucomannan, a soluble fibre that increases feelings of fullness and helps you lose weight.
Our konjac glucomannan is the perfect ally for losing weight when accompanied by a low-calorie diet, since increasing feelings of fullness decreases appetite.
Konjac glucomannan also helps lower LDL cholesterol levels and regulates bowel function.
Our konjac extract is standardised to contain 90% glucomannan, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
Konjac: Detailed information
Konjac (Amorphophallus konjac K. Koch) belongs to the Araceae family, and originates from southeast Asia. It is grown in south and southeastern China and Vietnam. Its flowers are produced on a dark purplish spathe, with a thick tuber that can grow up to 30 cm in diameter.
The dried and pulverised tuber is called konjac flour, from which konjac glucomannan1 is obtained.
Konjac has been used in China, Japan and East Asia as food. In China, a gel is prepared with konjac flour for detoxification, phlegm liquefaction and relieving circulatory problems. It has also traditionally been used in China for over 2,000 years for asthma, skin and blood disorders, burns and hernias2.
Konjac tuber is rich in glucomannan, a high-molecular-weight polysaccharide. It is a soluble fibre that readily mixes with water to form a high viscosity gel1.
- Extract name: Dry extract of konjac standardised to contain 90% glucomannan
- Scientific name: Amorphophallus konjac K. Koch
- Part used: Tuber
Glucomannan is a soluble fibre that increases feelings of fullness and helps you lose weight. It is also used as a laxative and in cases of high blood lipid levels1. Glucomannan in the context of an energy restricted diet contributes to weight loss3.
One dose of our product (9 capsules) is equivalent to 3005 mg of glucomannan. We recommend drinking one or two glasses of water half an hour before meals.
Glucomannan is effective in reducing weight and body fat4, 5. When ingested with liquid, the soluble fibre forms a viscous gel in the digestive system that slows gastric emptying and slows down the absorption of nutrients1, 2, which creates a feeling of fullness and helps control appetite and lose weight.
Various clinical studies have shown that consuming konjac glucomannan can lower blood cholesterol levels, improve intestinal transit, gut flora, and the metabolism of carbohydrates2.
Finally, konjac glucomannan also has antioxidant properties. One study established an increase in the synthesis of antioxidant enzymes in the liver and gut mucosa, due to the gene expression regulation mediated by this fibre6.
- Manual de Fitoterapia. Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís. Elsevier. 2011.
- Traditional uses and potential health benefits of Amorphophallus konjacK. Koch ex N.E.Br. Chua et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010. 128(2) : 268-278.
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 432/2012 of 16 May 2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children’s development and health.
- Konjac glucomannan dietary supplementation causes significant fat loss in compliant overweight adults. Kaats et al. J Am Coll Nutr. 2015. 22 : 1-7.
- The effect of a novel viscous polysaccharide along with lifestyle changes on short-term weight loss and associated risk factors in overweight and obese adults: an observational retrospective clinical program analysis. Lyon and Reichert. Altern Med Rev. 2010.15(1) : 68-75.
- Konjac glucomannan and inulin systematically modulate antioxidant defense in rats fed a high-fat fiber-free diet. Wu and Chen. J Agric Food Chem.2011. 59(17) : 9194-200.
Use: Konjac Consulting batch information
9 capsules per day taken with two glasses of water before mealtimes.
The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of glucomannan in three doses of 1 g each, together with 1-2 glasses of water, before meals and in the context of an energy-restricted diet. It is recommended to take with plenty of water to ensure substance reaches stomach. Warning of choking for people with swallowing diffficulties or when ingesting with inadequate fluid intake. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Konjac Consulting batch information
BOTANICAL NAMEAmorphophallus konjac K. Koch
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER7 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/12/31