Change of formate
Helps keep our bones healthy
Obtained through natural fermentation (MK-7)
Buy Vitamin K2
Expiration date (End Of): 10/2025 | Ref. DK07
21,00 € (21,00 €)
Ingredients: Vitamin K2
†N/A: Not applicable
Maltodextrin, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Vitamin K2
Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting.
Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that plays an essential role in blood clotting and bone health.
Our menaquinone-7 vitamin (MK-7) is a natural vitamin K2 obtained through fermentation.
Being 100% trans ensures high bioavailability and absorption that benefits our bones.
In addition, studies conducted with vitamin MK-7 have shown that this vitamin has anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular properties.
Vitamin K helps keep our bones healthy. If vitamin K intake in the diet is not adequate, the risk of fractures and osteoporosis may increase.
Vitamin K2: Detailed information
Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that was originally recognised for its role in the coagulation process (K comes from the German word “Koagulation”). There are two types of vitamin K: vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) and menaquinones (MKs or vitamin K2). Vitamin K 1 is found mainly in leafy green vegetables and vegetable oils, while vitamin K2 is found in products of animal origin and is produced through various bacterial fermentation processes1.
In addition to its role in coagulation (vitamin K is needed for the functioning of many of the enzymes involved in the clotting cascade), vitamin K plays a fundamental role in bone health, as it is required for the activation of osteocalcin, the most abundant non-collagenous protein found in bone2 that helps to fix calcium in the bone matrix, participating in bone mineralisation3. This role in maintaining bone health has been demonstrated in various studies that observed a positive effect of vitamin K on bone mineral density and a reduced risk of fracture4. In countries such as Japan, for example, use of vitamin K2 is approved for the osteoporosis5.
Together with these properties, vitamin K2 promotes suppleness in the arteries by avoiding the accumulation of calcium in the artery walls3, helping to reduce cardiovascular problems.
Although vitamin K is fat-soluble, the body only stores a small amount, so stores of the vitamin can be depleted rapidly if there isn’t a regular supply through diet, while vitamin K deficiency increases the risk of fracture and osteoporosis6. Low levels of vitamin K have also been linked to a greater predisposition to osteoarthritis in the hands and knees7.
Our product: Menaquinone-7 (MK-7)
One dose of our product contains 105 μg (140% NRVs*) of menaquinone-7 (MK-7) (vitamin K2) produced through biotechnology (obtained through natural fermentation). Recently, a study also demonstrated the anti-inflammatory properties of our vitamin MK-78, confirming another mechanism through which vitamin K2 aids cardiovascular health.
*NRVs: Nutrient Reference Values.
- Low-dose daily intake of vitamin K2 (Menaquinone-7) improves osteocalcin γ-carboxylation: a double-blind, randomized controlled trials. Naoko Inaba; Toshiro Sato; Takatoshi Yamashita. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokio). 2015. 61 (6): 471-80.
- Vitamin K and bone health. Maryam S Hamidi; Olga Gajic-Veljanoski; Angela M Cheung. J Clin Densitom. Oct-Dic 2013. 16 (4): 409-13.
- Proper calcium use: Vitamin K2 as a promoter of bone and cardiovascular health. Katarzyna Maresz. Integr Med (Encinitas). Febrero de 2015; 14 (1): 34–39.
- Bone health and osteoporosis: the role of vitamin K and potential antagonism by anticoagulants. Debra A Pearson. Nutr Clin Pract. Octubre de 2007; 22 (5): 517-44.
- Promotion of bone formation by fermented soybean (Natto) intake in premenopausal women. Katsuyama et al. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2004. 50: 114-120.
- Vitamin K. Linus Pauling Institute. Micronutrient Information Center
- The association between vitamin K status and knee osteoarthritis features in older adults: The health, aging and body composition study. Shea et al. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015. 23(3): 370–378.
- Inhibition of TNF-α, IL-1α, and IL-1β by pretreatment of human monocyte-derived macrophages with Menaquinone-7 and cell activation with TLR agonists in vitro. Pan et al. J Med Food. 2016 May 20.
Use: Vitamin K2
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water after mealtime.
Not recommended for people undergoing anticoagulant treatment. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Vitamin K2
PRODUCT NAMEVitamin K2
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER60 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/10/27
Questions: Vitamin K2
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.