Alpha lipoic acid
α-LACYS RESET® A powerful performance booster and regulator
Alpha lipoic acid, L-cysteine base, Magnesium
3 + 1 free
Description: Alpha lipoic acid
α-LACYS RESET® is a patented complex containing a synergy of alpha lipoic acid, cysteine and magnesium. This synergy controls and neutralises existing free radicals, while rejuvenating the body and it can be used as an adjunct in case of diabetes.
Alpha lipoic acid:
By activating an enzyme (AMP-kinase), alpha-lipoic acid improves aerobic metabolism. Specifically, it helps reduce body fat, promoting weight loss, and acts to reduce fatigue and improve recovery after exercise.
Promotes glutathione synthesis action, helping to control oxidation in the body, combatting the effects of aging. It also helps to re-balance hormonal disorders and improves mood during menopause.
The magnesium helps to regulate energy metabolism* and relieves deficiency in those with type 2 diabetes.
*COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 432/2012 of 16 May 2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children’s development and health.
Alpha lipoic acid: Detailed information
Α-Lacys reset® is a patented antioxidant synergy containing three active principles: alpha lipoic acid, the amino acid cysteine base, and magnesium. It is designed to modulate the redox balance of cells, i.e. regulate the production of free radicals. Its applications for reducing fatigue and for recovery after athletic exercise have also been scientifically proven: it works to boost aerobic metabolism as an aid to weight loss and as a re-balancer for hormonal disorders caused by the menopause.
HOW THE PRODUCT WORKS:
Step 1: Alpha lipoic acid enters the cell, interacting with NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) and NADP (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate) molecules, forming reduced dihydrolipoic acid.
Step 2: The reduced dihydrolipoic acid exits the cell, interacting with a cysteine molecule (two linked cysteines) that will regenerate the alpha lipoic acid and separate the cysteine molecules.
Step 3: The free cysteine will promote glutathione synthesis (a key component for preventing cellular oxidation that is naturally limited by the absence of cysteine).
Step 4: As a result, glutathione synthesis increases. This enables better control of free radical production in the major site of their synthesis: the mitochondria.
In summary, α-Lacys reset® causes a high neutralisation of the reactive oxygen species (ROS) associated with intense exercise, age and general disorders, while reducing their formation. Its patented formula produces a self-regeneration of the active principles at cellular level, ensuring maximum safety and effectiveness.
CLINICALLY PROVEN PROPERTIES:
- Anti-aging and antioxidant: The antioxidant capacity and concentration of reactive oxygen species in blood was evaluated, with the finding that α-Lacys reset® increases synthesis of reduced glutathione, improving availability in plasma and neutralising free radicals.
- Menopause: α-Lacys reset® has an effect on hormone secretion and activates the mitochondria, causing a rebalancing of metabolic disorders. It also counteracts the weight gain associated with menopause. Using the Hamilton test, it was found that taking α-Lacys reset® improves mood during menopause by 30%.
- High-performance sport: The antioxidant power of α-Lacys reset® was analysed before and after exercise, compared with a multivitamin. The results showed a high responsiveness of the body to offset the oxidative stress caused. It reduced fatigue and the quantity of reactive oxygen species (ROS), while increasing neutralisation.
- Weight management: After 60 days of treatment accompanied by exercise programme, fat was reduced by an average of 7.1% and there was an average weight loss of 3.8%.
- Lipoic acid increases de novo synthesis of cellular glutathione by improving cystine utilization. Han D, Handelman G, Marcocci L, Sen CK, Roy S, Kobuchi H, Tristchler HJ, Flohé L, Packer L. Biofactors, 1997;6(3):321-38.
- An innovate product to fight against to oxidative stress and improve the aerobic metabolism. Cristiana Piangiolino. et Al. Nutraceuticals. 2010.
- Restoration of functional defects in peripheral blood mononuclear cells isolated from cancer patients by thiol antioxidants alpha-lipoic acid and N-acetyl cysteine. Mantovani G, Macciò A, Melis G, Mura L, Massa E, Mudu MC. Int J Cancer 200 Jun 15;86(6):842-7.
- Redox balance in patients with Down's syndrome before and after dietary supplementation with alpha-lipoic acid and L-cysteine. Gualandri W, Gualandri L, Demartini G, Esposti R, Marthyn P, Volontè S, Stangoni L, Borgonovo M, Fraschini F. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 2003;23(1):23-30.
- Lipoic acid and N-acetyl cysteine decrease mitochondrial-related oxidative stress in Alzheimer disease patient fibroblasts. Moreira P, Harris PL, Zhu X, Santos MS, Oliveira CR, Smith MA, Perry G. J Alzheimers Dis, 2007 Sep; 12(2):195-206.
Ingredients: Alpha lipoic acid Consulting batch information
In 1 capsule: 300 mg of α-LACYS RESET® (32.5% of alpha-lipoic acid, 32.5% of L-cysteine base and 32.5% of magnesium oxide (minimum magnesium content 56.25 mg (15% NRVs*))).
*NRVs: Nutrient Reference Values.
vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Alpha lipoic acid Consulting batch information
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water at mealtime.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Alpha lipoic acid Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured in accordance with GMPs according to current pharmaceutical standards (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practices of the European Pharmaceutical Industry). The active ingredient content is guaranteed through regular analyses that can be viewed online.