Organic Chlorella powder
60 mcg of vitamin B12 per 100 g of product
POWDER Nothing But Plants®
Buy Organic Chlorella powder
Expiration date (End Of): 06/2023 | Ref. GH20
15,90 € (23,85 €)
Ingredients: Organic Chlorella powder
†N/A: Not applicable
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
ORGANIC CHLORELLA POWDER: NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
*1 measuring spoon
**NRVs: Nutrient Reference Values.
Description: Organic Chlorella powder
Vitamin B12 contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation.
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
Discover the exceptional properties of SUPERFOODS with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris Beijerinck) is a single-cell green algae rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, pigments, amino acids and fibre. It's the perfect food supplement!
The cell wall of our chlorella is broken using a technique that allows it to keep all of its nutritional properties intact, facilitating the assimilation of nutrients during digestion.
Our broken cell wall organic chlorella contains 60 μg of vitamin B12 per 100 g of product! One 4 gram dose of our chlorella therefore provides 96% NRVs* of vitamin B12.
*NRVs: Nutrient Reference Values.
Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris Beijerinck) is a single-cell green algae (chlorophyta). Its green colour comes from the chlorophyll a and b it contains. To grow, it only requires only water, light, carbon dioxide and a small amount of minerals1.
Chlorella has high nutritional value. Its properties are so well known that in the last century, during his space mission the astronaut Yuri Viktorovich Romanenko conducted experiments with chlorella algae in order to use it as food on lengthy space missions1.
Chlorella is now consumed as a food supplement and also has numerous technical applications such as water purification and biodiesel production.
Chlorella contains a wide range of nutrients, including carotenoids, minerals, vitamins, chlorophyll and long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. It also contains phytochelatins, molecules able to bind to heavy metals2 and which give chlorella its detoxifying properties.
Chlorella contains vitamin B12, an essential vitamin for numerous metabolic processes. One study examining its bioavailability concluded that the form of vitamin B12 present in chlorella is physiologically active, which means it offers an alternative natural source of this vitamin for vegans and vegetarians3.
- OUR PRODUCT
- Product Name: Chlorella algae powder (from organic aquaculture)
- Scientific name: Chlorella vulgaris Beijerinck
- Part used: Algae (broken cell wall)
Chlorella has high nutritional value. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and amino acids2. Its antioxidant4 and immunostimulant properties1, 2 and detoxifying action1 is well documented, and it is also effective for dyslipidemia (change in blood lipid levels) and high blood pressure5.
We recommend mixing 4 g of chlorella powder with water, juice, shakes or milk. Chlorella powder can also be sprinkled on meals and salads.
The antioxidant properties of chlorella have been proven in various studies. In one study in which chlorella extract was administrated to 38 smokers for a period of 6 weeks concluded that consuming chlorella improved antioxidant status and reduced lipid peroxidation in chronic smokers4. A pilot study6 also observed an improvement in physical and cognitive symptoms in patients with depression and anxiety when administration of antidepressants was combined with Chlorella vulgaris extract. This improvement was also associated with chlorella's antioxidant capacity.
Finally, chlorella also has heart-healthy and hepatoprotective properties. One study found that consuming chlorella helped to reduce hardening of the arteries in young people7, and that consuming it as an adjuvant improved transaminase, triglyceride and glucose levels in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease5, 8.
- Microalgae nutraceuticals. Nicoletti. Foods. 2016. 5(3): 54.
- Chlorella vulgaris restores bone marrow cellularity and cytokine production in lead-exposed mice. Queiroz et al. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011. 49: 2934-2941.
- Nutritional supplementation with Chlorella pyrenoidosa lowers serum methylmalonic acid in vegans and vegetarians with a suspected vitamin B12 deficiency. Merchant et al. J Med Food. 2015. 18(12):1357-62.
- Investigation of the effects of Chlorella vulgaris supplementation on the modulation of oxidative stress in apparently healthy smokers. Panahi et al. Clin Lab. 2013. 59 (5-6): 579-87.
- Glucose homeostasis, insulin resistance and inflammatory biomarkers in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: Beneficial effects of supplementation with microalgae Chlorella vulgaris: A double-blind placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial. Ebrahimi-Mameghani et al. Clin Nutr. 2016.
- A randomized controlled trial of 6-week Chlorella vulgaris supplementation in patients with major depressive disorder. Panahi et al. Complement Ther Med. 2015. 23(4): 598-602.
- Multicomponent supplement containing Chlorella decreases arterial stiffness in healthy young men. Otsuki et al. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2013. 53(3): 166–169.
- Investigation of the effects of Chlorella vulgaris supplementation in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a randomized clinical trial. Panahi et al. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012. 59(119): 2099-2103.
Use: Organic Chlorella powder
1 serving (4 g) per day. Mix 4 g (1 measuring spoon) with water, juice, smoothies or milk. Chlorella powder can also be used on meals and salads.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic Chlorella powder
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic Chlorella powder
BOTANICAL NAMEChlorella vulgaris Beijerinck
QUANTITY25 servings of 4 g
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER25 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2021/07/07
Questions: Organic Chlorella powder
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.