- Heart and circulation
- Gotu kola (Centella asiatica)
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica)
Helps maintain venous circulation
Standardised to contain 20% triterpenes and 8% asiaticoside
Expiration date (End Of): 09/2022 |
Lot: 78647A | Ref. GK60
3 + 1 free
Ingredients: Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Maltodextrin, anti-caking agent (E470b): magnesium salts of fatty acids. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Gotu kola (Centella asiatica)
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica (L.) Urb.) has been used for 3000 years for pain and swelling caused by venous insufficiency.
Our standardised extract of aerial parts of Gotu kola contains 20% triterpenes and 8% asiaticoside.
Triterpenes and asiaticoside in gotu kola help to relieve the symptoms of venous insufficiency by enhancing collagen synthesis, maintaining balance in connective tissue and improving microcirculation.
Thanks to its high level of standardised contents, our Gotu kola acts to alleviate the symptoms of various venous disorders (chronic venous insufficiency, venous hypertension, varicose veins). It is also effective in fighting against circulatory problems that occur in long-haul flights.
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica): Detailed information
• Description and origin
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica (L.) Urb.) is a climbing plant that belongs to the Apiaceae family. It is indigenous to India and is known for its fan-shaped leaves and tiny white flowers1. It grows in wet areas, on the banks of lakes and in tropical and subtropical climate regions2.
Gotu kola has traditionally been used in Asia for wounds, leprosy and psoriasis, for increase longevity, revitalise nerve cells and for depression. In Ayurvedic medicine, it has been used for thousands of years to improve memory and cognitive function and features in the classic ancient text: "Sushruta Samhita"3.
The active principles of gotu kola are triterpene saponins, primarily asiaticoside. It also contains tannins, mucilages, essential oil, free amino acids, flavonoids and fatty acids4.
• Our extract
Extract name: Dry extract of gotu kola standardised to contain 20% triterpenes and 8% asiaticoside
Scientific name: Centella asiatica (L.) Urb.
Part used: Above-ground parts
The main uses of gotu kola extract are the relief of venous insufficiency, varicose veins, avoid the formation of keloids and hypertrophic scars, improving cognitive function and as an anxiolytic.
• Usage, dosage
One dose of our product (2 capsules) contains 40 mg of triterpenes and 16 mg of asiaticoside.
Gotu kola is used in cases of venous insufficiency by strengthening the veins, maintaining balance in connective tissue and improving microcirculation3. Various studies have found gotu kola extract to improve microcirculation in cases of venous hypertension and venous hypertensive microangiopathy, and to reduce increased capillary filtration in patients with venous hypertension5. It is recommended in case of varicose veins and studies have found it to be effective in helping to avoid the occurrence of oedema and microcirculation problems that can occur during long flights6. Along with these properties, gotu kola extract has also been found to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help to relieve arthritic pain7.
- Diccionario de plantas medicinales. Cebrián J. Editorial RBA. 2012. Barcelona.
- Producción de saponinas triterpénicas en cultivos in vitro de Centella asiatica. Mangas Alonso. Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat de Farmàcia. 2009.
- Pharmacological review on Centella asiatica: A Potential Herbal Cure-all. Gohil et al. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2010. 72(5): 546–556.
- Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. Vanaclocha and Cañigueral. Elsevier España. 2010.
- A systematic review of the efficacy of Centella asiatica for improvement of the signs and symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency. Chong and Aziz. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013. 627182, 10 pages.
- Flight microangiopathy in medium- to long-distance flights: prevention of edema and microcirculation alterations with total triterpenic fraction of Centella asiatica. Cesarone et al. Angiology. 2001. 52 Suppl 2:S33-7.
- Attenuation of collagen induced arthritis by Centella asiatica methanol fraction via modulation of cytokines and oxidative stress. Sharma et al. Biomed Environ Sci. 2014 27(12): 926-938.
Use: Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtime.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMEGotu kola (Centella asiatica)
BOTANICAL NAMECentella asiatica (L.) Urb.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are theGood Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/10/13