- Food supplements
- Organic Shiitake
Shiitake mushroom strengthens natural defences6
‘The Elixir of Life’
Buy Organic Shiitake
Expiration date (End Of): 12/2024 | Ref. GL60
18,61 € (21,90 €) Save 3,29 € until 11/06/2023
Buy Organic Shiitake
250 mg / 60 capsules
This product allows you to accumulate 18 loyalty points. = 1,08€.
Ingredients: Organic Shiitake
†N/A: Not applicable
**From organic farming.
Rice starch** (Oryza sativa L.). Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic Shiitake
What is Shiitake and what is it used for?
Shiitake (Lentinula edodes (Berk.) Pegler), also known as ‘Shii tree mushroom’ is a wild mushroom native to East Asia and has been cultivated for thousands of years in Japan and China1.
In addition to being a delicious food, this mushroom has been valued for its positive qualities for the body since time immemorial. Its use was widespread in China during the Ming Dynasty (14th-15th centuries), where it was considered an ‘elixir of life’ and its use was reserved only for the emperor and his family2.
Currently, shiitake is the second most cultivated mushroom in the world after the common brown mushroom (Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Sing.)3 and is currently the subject of much research into its beneficial properties for health.
What are shiitake’s properties?
Shiitake includes 50% polysaccharides and 15% beta-glucans that support the immune system4
The gastronomic importance of Shiitake, or Lentinus, in Asian countries is associated with its composition, since it contains essential compounds in high concentrations. Although the list is extensive, the main nutritional components of this Asian mushroom are:
- Polysaccharides: mainly beta-glucans5.
- Essential amino acids: most notably arginine and alanine5.
- Vitamin D5.
- Group B vitamins: such as thiamine, riboflavin and niacin5.
- Minerals: such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus5.
This makes it a natural option for obtaining many of elements that are essential for our bodies.
What are the benefits of shiitake?
Thanks to its many essential components, including vitamin D, the Shiitake mushroom included in our food supplementis ideal for the immune system6. Its very high beta-glucan and iron content means that it boosts normal immune system function6 and normal cognitive function6. Multiple studies are reviewing Shiitake’s capacity as an ’immunomodulator’7-8-9-10, that is, its ability to stimulate immune response in certain situations that require an additional boost.
This Asian mushroom also contains Ergosterol, a precursor of vitamin D2 that is transformed into that vitamin when exposed to sunlight. This vitamin, through various processes within the body, is then transformed into vitamin D3, which which contributes to nomal absorption and optimum use of calcium and phosphorus6.
Shiitake capsules are an ideal food supplement for the immune system6
Shiitake is also involved in protecting cells from oxidative damage, thanks to its vitamin B2 content, which gives it an antioxidant effect11 on the body, which can aid anti-ageing.
In terms of energy, Shiitake is consider to help to reduce tiredness6 due to its iron content.
In addition to all of the above, the latest studies being carried out on Shiitake focus on its possible applications as anatural antiviral9-10-12-13 and blood cholesterol-lowering agent9-14-15-10. Although this research is still in progress, it offers a novel perspective on the possible future indications of this ancient mushroom.
Why buy PLANTAE®’s Organic Shiitake?
PLANTAE® Organic Shiitake contains 50% polysaccharides and 15% beta-glucans, offering an efficient formula with a high concentration of active compounds. The raw material used is also organic: we guarantee that no chemical pesticides of any kind have been used in its production.
In keeping with this environmental protection approach, PLANTAE® offers a product made with organic ingredients and which is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, thanks to the use of plant-based capsules.
In conclusion, our 100% natural origin standardised extract of organic Shiitake is an ideal purchase for those looking to stimulate their natural defences6 with a product of the highest quality.
How to take Organic Shiitake capsules ?
It is recommended taking 2 capsules per day at mealtimes to get 500 mg of organic Shiitake dry extract per day.
What other food supplements can be combined with Shiitake?
If you’d like to combine this food supplement with other supplements, a great option would be Organic Acerola, which contains 17% vitamin C and helps reduce tiredness and fatigue6.
Combining it with Marine magnesium would also be a good option, since in addition to helping to reduce tiredness6, it supports electrolyte balance6.
- Jacqueline L. Longe. 2005. The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, Volumen 2. 1841-1842.
- Chemical constituents of Lentinus edodes. Nesse Grace U. Resurreccion, Chien-Chang Shen, Consolacion Y. Ragasa. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2016, 8(4): 117-120.
- Genome sequence of the edible cultivated mushroom Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) reveals insights into lignocellulose degradation. Lianfu Chen, Yuhua Gong, Yingli Cai, Wei Liu, Yan Zhou, Yang Xiao, Zhangyi Xu, Yin Liu, Xiaoyu Lei, Gangzheng Wang, Mengpei Guo, Xiaolong Ma, Yinbing Bian. PLoS ONE. 2016; 11(8): e0160336.
- Medicinal mushrooms as a source of antitumor and immunomodulating polysaccharides. SP Wasser. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002 Nov; 60(3):258-274.
- A review on general nutritional compounds and pharmacological properties of the Lentinula edodes Mushroom. Tiane Cristine Finimundy, Aldo José Pinheiro Dillon, João Antônio Pêgas Henriques,Mariana Roesch Ely. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2014, 5, 1095-1105.
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 432/2012 of 16 May 2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children’s development and health.
- Synergistic immuno-modulatory activity in human macrophages of a medicinal mushroom formulation consisting of Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake. Brody Mallard, David N. Leach, Hans Wohlmuth, and Joe Tiralongo. PLoS One. 2019; 14(11): e0224740.
- Consuming Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) Mushrooms Daily Improves Human Immunity: A Randomized Dietary Intervention in Healthy Young Adults. Xiaoshuang Dai, Joy M. Stanilka, Cheryl A. Rowe, Elizabethe A. Esteves, Carmelo Nieves, Jr., Samuel J. Spaiser, Mary C. Christman, Bobbi Langkamp-Henken, and Susan S. Percival. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 0, No. 0, 1–10 (2015).
- Production and Quantification of Eritadenine, a Cholesterol Reducing Compound in Shiitake (Lentinus edodes). Department of Chemical Engineering and Geosciences Division of Biochemical and Chemical Process Engineering. 2007:26|:-1757|
- Medicinal Value of Lentinus edodes (Berk.) Sing. (Agaricomycetideae). A Literature Review. Solomon P. Wasser. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. Volume 2, Issue 4, 2000, 16 pages.
- The Antioxidants of Higher Plants. Review Article Number 30. Larson, R.A. Phytochemistry. 1987 27: 969-978.
- Antibacterial effect of the culture fluid of Lentinus edodes mycelium grown in submerged liquid culture. NoraHatvani. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. Volume 17, Issue 1, January 2001, Pages 71-74
- ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF LENTINULA EDODES GROWN IN LIQUID MEDIUM. Atividade antibacteriana de Lentinula edodes cultivado em meio líquido. Noemia Kazue IshikawaMaria Catarina Megumi KasuyaMaria Cristina Dantas Vanetti. Food Microbiology • Braz. J. Microbiol. 32 (3), Oct 2001.
- Effect of shiitake (Lentinus edodes) and maitake (Grifola frondosa) mushrooms on blood pressure and plasma lipids of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Y Kabir 1, M Yamaguchi, S Kimura. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 1987 Oct;33(5):341-6.
- Quantification of the bioactive compound eritadenine in selected strains of shiitake mushroom (Lentinus edodes). Josefine Enman, Ulrika Rova, Kris A Berglund. J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Feb 21;55(4):1177-80.
Use: Organic Shiitake
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic Shiitake
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic Shiitake
BOTANICAL NAMELentinula edodes (Berk.) Pegler
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/01/09
Questions: Organic Shiitake
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.