Organic guarana powder
Powerful tonic and antioxidant
POWDER Nothing But Plants®
Buy Organic guarana powder
Expiration date (End Of): 04/2025 | Ref. GN15
19,90 € (19,90 €)
Ingredients: Organic guarana powder
†N/A: Not applicable
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
ORGANIC GUARANA POWDER: NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
* 1 measuring spoon
Description: Organic guarana powder
Discover the exceptional properties of SUPERFOODS with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
Guarana seeds (Paullinia cupana Kunth, Sapindaceae family), with their high caffeine and polyphenol content, are a powerful tonic and antioxidant.
Native to the Amazon, guarana is a plant with a range of properties, including neurostimulatory, cardioprotective and slimming activity.
Our guarana from Brazil contains 3.9 g of caffeine per 100 g of product, corresponding to 79 mg of caffeine per serving (equivalent to one cup of coffee).
Guarana (Paullinia cupana Kunth, Sapindaceae family) is a climbing, woody shrub from the central region of the Amazon. Its name comes from indigenous dialects and means “vine”, because the plant, when wild, has lianas that can grow up to 10 m long (1).
Guarana fruits are known for their resemblance to the human eye. They are small spheres that, when ripe, have a red-orange colour and contain three black, round and glossy seeds, covered with a whitish substance (2).
The indigenous communities of the Amazon have used guarana for centuries, due to its stimulating and energy-giving properties (1). The earliest records of guarana date back to the Columbian era and refer to how indigenous witchdoctors scraped the seed into cold water and drank this concoction during ceremonies and before their long hunts (3). This concoction was also considered by the indigenous peoples as an elixir to promote a long life (1).
During the 18th and 19th Centuries, guarana provoked interest from doctors due to its high caffeine content, and it was then that domestication and use of this plant spread, reaching record levels of consumption (3). Today, guarana can be found in different formulations: stimulating and energy-giving drinks, food supplements and cosmetics.
Guarana seeds are rich in alkaloids that stimulate the central nervous system (caffeine, theophylline and theobromine). They also contain terpenes, saponins and a wide variety of polyphenolic compounds (tannins, catechins, epicatechins and proanthocyanidins) (4).
The caffeine content in the seed can vary between 3.5-8%, however, after extraction this can double or even triple, and it is possible to obtain extracts with 12% caffeine content (5). This results in caffeine levels superior to cocoa, tea, mate and even coffee.
- OUR PRODUCT
- Product Name: Guarana powder (from organic farming)
- Scientific name:: Paullinia cupana Kunth
- Part used: Seeds
Guarana is considered a plant with major properties: as a tonic, stimulant, slimming aid and aphrodisiac (1-3). Its invigorating properties are largely due to its high caffeine content. Caffeine increases mental alertness, promoting an improvement in cognitive performance, and reducing the symptoms of fatigue (2).
Thanks to its high caffeine content, guarana has been used to aid weight loss, as it helps to boost basal metabolism and thermogenesis (1, 6).
Guarana also has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity, due to its polyphenol and saponin content (1). These polyphenols also have cardioprotective properties, inhibit platelet aggregation and help to fight against the formation of atheromas (the accumulation of fat in the artery walls) (7-9).
Mix 2 g of guarana powder with water, juice, shakes or milk. It can also be sprinkled on meals and salads.
Guarana's properties include improving cognitive performance and cardiovascular protection (2, 7-9).
In several studies, significant improvements have been observed in memory performance and increased alertness in subjects who consumed guarana (10, 11, 12). In addition, an experiment conducted in stressful situations found an increase in physical performance and the reduction of fatigue (13).
Finally, recent studies draw a link between consuming guarana and the amelioration of cardiovascular illnesses (7-9). For example, a study conducted in vitro and in vivo observed the potential effect of guarana on oxidation of LDL (bad cholesterol), where patients who had taken guarana had lower levels of LDL oxidation (9).
- Schimpl et al. (2013) Guarana: Revisiting a highly caffeinated plant from the Amazon. J Ethnopharmacol 150: 14–31.
- Kuskoski et al. (2005) Propiedades químicas y farmacológicas del fruto guaraná (Paullinia cupana) Vitae 12 (2): 45-52.
- Patiño,V.M (2002) Historia y dispersión de los frutales nativos del neotrópico. No. 326. CIAT.
- Avato et al. (2003) Seed oil composition of Paullinia cupana var. sorbilis (Mart.) Ducke. Lipids 38 (7): 773-780.
- Meurer-Grimes et al. (1998) Theobromine, theophylline, and caffeine in 42 samples and products of guarana (Paullinia cupana, Sapindaceae). Economic Botany 52 (3): 293-301.
- Rodrigues et al. (2012) Herb-drug interaction of Paullinia cupana (Guarana) seed extract on the pharmacokinetics of amiodarone in rats. Evid Based Complement Altern Med Vol 2012 Article ID 428560, 10 pages.
- Portella et al. (2013) Guaraná (Paullinia cupana Kunth) effects on LDL oxidation in elderly people: an in vitro and in vivo study. Lipids Health Dis 12: 12.
- Subbiah and Yunker (2008) Studies on the nature of anti-platelet aggregatory factors in the seeds of the amazonian herb guarana (Paullinia cupana). Int J Vitam Nutr Res 78(2): 96-101.
- Bydlowski et al. (1998) A novel property of an aqueous extract (Paullinia cupana): inhibition of platelet aggregation in vitro and in vivo. Brazilian J Med Biol Res 21: 535-538.
- EMA-HMPC. Community herbal monograph on Paullinia cupana Kunth ex H.B.K. var. sorbilis (Mart.) Ducke, semen. London: EMA. Doc. Ref.: EMA/HMPC/897344/2011. Adopted: 15-1-2013.
- Otobone et al. (2005) Effect of crude extract and its semipurified constituents from guaraná seeds [Paullinia cupana var. sorbilis (Mart.) lucke] on cognitive performance in Morris wáter maze in rats. Brazilian Arch Biol Tech 48: 723–728.
- Haskell et al. (2007) A double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-dosee valuation of the acute behavioural effects of guaraná in humans. J Psychopharmacol 21: 65–70.
- Espinola et al. (1997) Pharmacological activity of guaraná (Paullinia cupana Mart.) in laboratory animals. J Ethnopharmacol 55: 223-229.
Use: Organic guarana powder
1 serving (2 g) per day. Mix 2 g (1 measuring spoon) of powder with water, juice, smoothies or milk.
Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or lactating women (60 mg caffeine/ 2 g guarana powder). Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic guarana powder
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic guarana powder
BOTANICAL NAMEPaullinia cupana Kunth
QUANTITY75 servings of 2 g
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER75 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/05/24
Questions: Organic guarana powder
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.