Organic white mulberries
Nothing But Plants® POWDER
The delicious mythological antioxidant superfood
Cardiovascular (glucose), Digestion (constipation).
Buy Organic white mulberries
10 servings / White mulberries 100 g
Ref. GW42 | In Stock
Made in France
Description: Organic white mulberries
Discover the exceptional properties of SUPERFOODS with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
The POWDER range presents a legendary superfood: white mulberries!
As well as having high nutritional content, this natural anti-ageing fruit has multiple therapeutic properties. They are antioxidant, antimicrobial, neuroprotective and help to combat diabetes and cholesterol.
With their delicate taste, our whole dried white mulberries are ideal for consuming in an aperitif or in juices, compotes, jams and even wines.
The white mulberry is the fruit of the white mulberry tree (Morus alba L.), from the Moraceae family. Native to central and western Asia (1), this deciduous tree with lobed leaves can grow up to 12 metres tall (2, 3).
It was historically mainly cultivated in China, for its leaves (2, 3), as the sole food of silkworms (4), for its wood used to prevent soil erosion, (1) and of course for its edible fruit.
White mulberries are glomerulus of around 2 cm in diameter, formed by the union of small drupes. They have been used in traditional Chinese medicine since the 7th Century BC to reduce fever, protect the liver, strengthen joints and reduce blood pressure (1, 5). However, from the Middles Ages they began to be cultivated in Europe (2).
A tragic tale from Greek mythology offers an explanation for the different colours of mulberries. In Metamorphoses, Ovid, a Roman poet from the 1st Century BC, tells the legend of Pyramus and Thisbe, an ill-fated couple who met under a mulberry tree to commit suicide, and whose blood stained the previously white mulberries purple (4).
COMPOSITION AND BENEFITS
White mulberries contain sugars, proteins, fibres, minerals (calcium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium) (6). In addition, they are the mulberries with the highest fatty acid content, with just 1% total fat and 54.2% linoleic acid, 19.8% palmitic acid and 8.41% oleic acid (7).
White mulberries are a natural source of polyphenols (anthocyanins, flavonoids, coumarins, sterols, etc.) (3). These antioxidant compounds facilitate the antimicrobial activity of white mulberries (1, 6). Polyphenols also help to combat diabetes, because they appear to inhibit the enzyme alpha-glucosidase and free radical attacks (9). They also have a neuroprotective effect, because the anthocyanins preserve the membrane and mitochondrial functions of neurons (8).
Various experimental studies have also shown that white mulberries have lipid-lowering activity and help to inhibit lipid peroxidation. These studies have shown how, despite a diet rich in cholesterol, taking aqueous extract of white mulberries reduces cholesterol levels (1).
White mulberries have digestive properties (laxative and carminative) as well as anti-flu and antipyretic properties (fever-reducing) (5).
Consume 10 g of white mulberries daily. White mulberries can be eaten whole in an aperitif or in juices, syrups, compotes, jams and even wines (6).
- Accame, M. E. C. Frutos con interés en Farmacia: Moras.
- Hedrick, U. P. (1922). Cyclopedia of hardy fruits. Macmillan.
- Serra, B. I., & Lluís, J. (2001). Gran enciclopedia de las plantas medicinales: medicina natural del tercer milenio/Josep Lluís Berdonces I Serra (No. C 615.321 B47 [19--].).
- Janick, J., & Paull, R. E. (Eds.). (2008). The encyclopedia of fruit and nuts. CABI.
- Venkatesh Kumar, R., & Chauhan, S. (2008). Mulberry: life enhancer. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 2(10),271-278.
- Toyinbo, E. O., Adevvumi, O. J., & Adekunle, E. A. (2012). Phytochemical analysis, nutritional composition and antimicrobial activities of white mulberry (Morus alba). Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 11(5),456-460.
- Ercisli, S., & Orhan, E. (2007). Chemical composition of white (Morus alba), red (Morus rubra) and black (Morus nigra) mulberry fruits. Food Chemistry, 103(4), 1380-1384.
- Bhuiyan, M. I. H., Kim, H. B., Kim, S. Y., & Cho, K. O. (2011). The neuroprotective potential of cyanidin-3-glucoside fraction extracted from mulberry following oxygen-glucose deprivation. The Korean Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, 15(6), 353-361.)
- Wang, Y., Xiang, L., Wang, C., Tang, C., & He, X. (2013). Antidiabetic and antioxidant effects and phytochemicals of mulberry fruit (Morus alba L.) polyphenol enhanced extract. PLoS One, 8(7), e71144.
Ingredients: Organic white mulberries Consulting batch information
Per daily dose: 10 g of organic whole dried white mulberries (Morus alba L.).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
ORGANIC WHITE MULBERRIES: NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Use: Organic white mulberries Consulting batch information
Take 10 g of white mulberries per day.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if simultaneously undergoing treatment for diabetes. Not recommended for people undergoing anti-diabetic treatment. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic white mulberries Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.