Organic ashwagandha powder
Aphrodisiac, stimulant and rejuvenating properties
POWDER Nothing But Plants®
Expiration date (End Of): 03/2022 |
Lot: D13767 | Ref. IW35
Ingredients: Organic ashwagandha powder Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA POWDER: NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
*1 measuring spoon
Description: Organic ashwagandha powder
Discover the exceptional properties of SUPERFOODS with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
Used for thousands of years in Ayurveda, ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) is a Rasayana herb (herbal preparations that promote longevity and health) very valuable for the aphrodisiac, stimulant and rejuvenating properties attributed to it.
Ashwagandha root is rich in bioactive compounds, among which the withanolides and alkaloids that contribute to the ashwagandha numerous properties.
Also known as Indian ginseng due to its many beneficial effects, ashwagandha is particularly suitable as aphrodisiac, to cope with fatigue and insomnia.
Get to know and include in your diet this ancient plant thanks to our range POWDER!
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) belongs to the Solanaceae family, is native to India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and is distributed in North Africa, the Middle East and India. It is a perennial plant that can reach 1.5 m high, its flowers are tiny and its roots are tuberous (1). It has a characteristic odor reminiscent of the horse, in fact its name in Sanskrit (Aswha) means horse, which would mean that its consumption brings the strength of this animal (2).
Ashwagandha has been used for over 3000 years in Ayurveda and is one of the most important plants used as Rasayana, a herbal preparation which increases the vigor, longevity and mental and physical health. Within this mix of plants, ashwagandha is considered one of the most important and is known as Rasayana Sattvic Kapha (2).
In addition, the root of ashwagandha appears in more than 2000 preparations in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani medicine to treat various physiological disorders (3).
Ashwagandha contains amino acids, starch, alkaloids (tropine, pseudotropine, anaferine, withanina, somniferina, somnina ...) and steroid lactones (Withanolides) (1,4), the latter bioactive compounds are the main responsible for the ashwagandha properties.
- OUR PRODUCT
- Producto name: Ashwagandha powder (from organic farming)
- Scientific name: Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal
- Part used: Root
Ashwagandha root has been used traditionally for nervous excitability, states of anxiety and asthenia (5). In Ayurveda, ashwagandha is attributed powerful aphrodisiac, rejuvenating and life extender proprieties (3). In addition, in Ayurveda, the root of ashwagandha is recommended for rheumatism, states associated with general weakness, memory loss and spermatorrhea (5).
Mix 5 g of powdered root of ashwagandha with water, juice or milk shakes. Ashwagandha powder can also be used to sprinkle on meals and salads.
Ashwagandha is one of the most important plants in Ayurveda and is known as Indian ginseng (6). Thus we have studied their properties as adaptogenic herb and it has been observed that ashwagandha helps protect against different stressors (4) decreases cortisol levels in people undergoing chronic stress (7) and has anxiolytic and antidepressant effect (2).
Moreover, ashwagandha is advised in cases of weakness and fatigue. A study in which an extract of Withania somnifera was given to individuals aged between 18 and 25 years, concluded that those who had consumed ashwagandha extract for 8 weeks improved their physical performance and strength (8). Furthermore, another study found a faster muscle recovery and increased strength in those participants under endurance training who had consumed ashwagandha for two months (9).
In relation to its aphrodisiac properties, a pilot study of women found that ashwagandha root extract may be effective for female sexual dysfunction (7). In addition, it has been associated the adaptogen effect of ashwagandha with its ability to help combat stress-induced male infertility. This effect would be related to the compounds present in the root such as alkaloids, amino acids and agonists in the neurotransmitters GABA* and serotonin (10).
Finally, ashwagandha is also indicated for insomnia due to its effect on the GABAergic system (11).
* GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter involved in sleep regulation.
- Bone K, Mills S. Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy: Modern Herbal Medicine. 2nd Edition. Edinburgh/New York. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2013.
- Singh et al. (2011) An overview on Ashwagandha: a Rasayana (rejuvenator) of Ayurveda. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 8(5 Suppl): 208–213.
- Mirjaili et al. (2009) Steroidal lactones from Withania somnifera, an ancient plant for novel medicine. Molecules 14(7): 2373-2393.
- Attari et al. (2016) Effect of Withania somnifera Dunal root extract on behavioral despair model in mice: a possible role for nitric oxide. Acta Med Iran 54(3): 165-72.
- Vanaclocha B, Cañigueral S (Eds). Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. 4ª Edición. Barcelona: Elsevier Masson, 2003.
- Senthil et al. (2015) Transcriptome analysis reveals in vitro cultured Withania somnifera leaf and root tissues as a promising source for targeted withanolide biosynthesis. BMC Genomics 16: 14.
- Dongre et al. (2015) Efficacy and safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract in improving sexual function in women: a pilot study. Biomed Res Int 2015: 284154.
- Sandhu et al. (2010) Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) and Terminalia arjuna (Arjuna) on physical performance and cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy young adults. Int J Ayurveda Res1(3): 144-9.
- Wankhede et al. (2015) Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 12: 43.
- Mahdi et al. (2011) Withania somnifera improves semen quality in stress-related male fertility. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011: 576962.
- Kumar and Kalonia (2008) Effect of Withania somnifera on sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats: possible GABAergic mechanism. Indian J Pharm Sci 70(6): 806–810.
Use: Organic ashwagandha powder Consulting batch information
1 serving (5 g) per day. Mix 5 g (1 measuring spoon) with water, juice, smoothies or milk.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic ashwagandha powder Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic ashwagandha powder
BOTANICAL NAMEWithania somnifera (L.) Dunal
QUANTITY50 servings of 5 g
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER50 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
The labelling of our products complies with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 and its subsequent amendments, with the aim of ensuring a high level of consumer protection in relation to food information.
Our packaging complies with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 and its subsequent amendments on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, aiming to secure a high level of protection of human health and the interests of consumers.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Anastore is registered on the Food Safety Register of Food Business Operators, whose purpose is to protect public health and consumer interests, where the definitions provided for in Articles 2 and 3 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and their subsequent amendments, are applicable.
These Regulations lay down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety, in addition to laying down general rules in relation to the hygiene of foodstuffs.
Finally, Anastore notifies the placing on the market of its food supplements in accordance with the specific regulations of each country.
Registration QR Code
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/04/23