- Plant-based foods
- Organic ginger powder
Organic ginger powder
Exotic aroma and citrus notes
POWDER Nothing But Plants®
Buy Organic ginger powder
Expiration date (End Of): 10/2025 | Ref. JG03
9,00 € (9,00 €)
Buy Organic ginger powder
Ginger powder 50 g
This product allows you to accumulate 9 loyalty points. = 0,54€.
Ingredients: Organic ginger powder
Organic ginger rhizome powder (Zingiber officinale Roscoe).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic ginger powder
Discover the exceptional properties of SPICES with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
Why choose POWDER® spices?
Our quality requirements:
Organically grown spices
Controlled geographical area
Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) has been used as a spice for thousands of years. As a spice, its hot flavour gives dishes an intense and exotic aroma with citrus notes. Its pungent taste comes from its gingerol and shogaol content, the active principles of ginger.
Ginger also has many properties, including for digestive health and to relieve motion sickness (cinetosis) (5).
Try our organic ginger powder and enjoy its refreshing and pungent aroma with citrus notes!
Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe, Zingiberaceae family) is native to tropical Asia, India and China. It is an herbaceous plant that can grow up to one metre tall and has a perennial, tuberous, knotty and yellowish rhizome (1).
The part used as a spice is its rhizome*. Ginger rhizome has a hot and aromatic taste (1) and a distinctive shape that can sometimes resemble a swollen hand (2).
*Rhizome: elongated underground stem of varying thickness, branching to aerial stems and roots.
Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a spice, it is rich in antioxidants and also has anti-inflammatory properties (3, 4). Ginger was also a commodity of great commercial value and was exported from India to the Roman Empire around 2,000 years ago, where it was a highly-valued spice (4).
Ginger rhizome has also been used to prepare beverages (such as ginger beer) and desserts. Historical trivia: the invention of the gingerbread man, a biscuit very popular in the Christmas holidays, can be traced back to Queen Elizabeth I of England in the 16th Century (4).
The essential oil of ginger contains zingiberol, a compound responsible for its distinctive aroma. The rhizome also contains resin, which is largely responsible for its pungent taste, due to its active principles shogaol and gingerol (1).
Ginger is used for culinary purposes. If you want to use it as infusoin, the recommended intake for adults is 0.5-2g/per day of ginger powder in one single dose, or taken in several doses. If it is consumed to relieve cinetosis (motion sickness), take 30 minutes before starting your journey (6).
For culinary use, ginger's hot flavour is closely associated with Asian cuisine, but can also be found in typical European desserts such as Pain d'épices, a traditional dessert in French cuisine. The recipe below explains how to prepare it:
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 60 minutes.
Ingredients (6 people):
- 250 g honey
- 250 g flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon green anise
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon quatre épices*
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml of milk
- Heat the honey in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, the two types of sugar and spices. Add the warm honey to the mix, and continue stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the eggs and add a little hot milk to help combine the mixture well.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured baking tin.
- Bake for between 60 and 75 minutes.
- Turn the gingerbread out from the tin once it has fully cooled. Wait for at least 24 hours before eating.
- Can be kept for a week, wrapped in aluminium foil.
*quatre-épices is a spice mix used mainly in France, containing ground pepper (black, white or mixed), cloves, nutmeg and ginger.
Finally, below is a chicken curry recipe where ginger is an essential ingredient to intensify flavour:
Curried chicken breasts with mango (8):
Ingredients (4 people):
- 400 g chicken breast
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 mango
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 5cl unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and fry in a pan until cooked. Keep warm.
- Dice the onion and chop the garlic. Cut the mango into small cubes. Set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan, stirring continuously, then add the cubed mango. Add the turmeric, curry powder, ginger, condensed milk and finally the chicken stock.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and coriander, cook for 5 minutes and stir gently.
- Serve with white rice.
- Berdonces i Serra JL. Gran Enciclopedia de las plantas medicinales. Madrid: Tikal Ediciones, 2002.
- Choi et al. (2013) Dried ginger (Zingiber officinalis) inhibits inflammation in a lipopolysaccharide-induced mouse model. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013, article ID 914563, 9 pages.
- Bode A, Dong Z. “The amazing and mighty ginger”. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011.
- EMA-HMPC (2011) Community herbal monograph on Zingiber officinale Roscoe, rhizoma. Ref. Doc. EMA/HMPC/749154/2010. Adopted: 27-9-2012.
- Vanaclocha B, Cañigueral S (Eds). Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. 4ª Edición. Barcelona: Elsevier Masson, 2003.
Use: Organic ginger powder
Ginger can be used as spice and as infusion (0.5-2 g/per day). If it is consumed to prevent cinetosis (motion sickness), take 30 minutes before starting your journey.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic ginger powder
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic ginger powder
BOTANICAL NAMEZingiber officinale Roscoe
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food is manufactured under a GMP-compliant. GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European food industry.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2021/12/28
Questions: Organic ginger powder
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.