- Food supplements
- Natural laxative
The association of the most powerful laxatives from phytotherapy
Extract of senna leaves standardised to contain a maximum of 8% in sennosides B, concentrated extract 4:1 of green anise fruit
Buy Natural laxative
Expiration date (End Of): 10/2025 | Ref. JK55
24,00 € (24,00 €)
Ingredients: Natural laxative
†N/A: Not applicable
Maltodextrin. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Natural laxative
Digestive difficulties and constipation are the most common gastrointestinal complaints people face and may be due to a variety of factors such as change of routine or poor quality food. Senna leaves and green anise are a natural relief for this type of digestive complaint. This product combines the best doses of plant extract to maximise effectiveness:
Dry Alexandrina senna leaf extract (Senna alexandrina Mill.) standardised to contain a maximum of 8% in sennosides B and dry concentrated extract 4:1 of green anise fruit (Pimpinella anisum L.):
Senna leaves are rich in hydroxyanthracenics, sennosides, molecules with laxative effects which stimulate bowel movement, helping in case of occasional constipation.
Green anise has gastroprotective properties alleviating symptoms of functional dyspepsia (stomach ache, acidity, heaviness, swelling…), aiding digestion and reducing the time it takes food to move through the intestines.
The combination of senna leaves and green anise fruit takes effect 8-10 hours after being administered, stimulates the secretion of digestive juices and provides relief in cases of flatulence and abdominal colic pains.
Natural laxative : Detailed information
Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal problems people face today. It may be chronic or acute and be due to a variety of factors: changes of routine, pregnancy, lactancy, pharmaceutical products, bad eating habits or a number of endocrinal or metabolic conditions1.
Constipation is treated using laxatives. There are various types depending on the action mechanism: lubricants, stimulants, bulk formers … In cases of occasional constipation stimulant laxatives are a highly advisable option as they stimulate the secretion of water and electrolytes within the intestine and improve bowel movement1.
This product is a synergy of plant extracts selected for their effectiveness in fighting against constipation and gastric complaints: senna leaves (Senna alexandrina Mill.) and green anise (Pimpinella anisum L.).
Senna belongs to the legume family and is native to tropical Africa. It is an evergreen bush with pale green leaves and small yellow-coloured flowers2. Its leaves are rich in hydroxyanthracenic heterosides, sennosides A and B being the most important. These molecules reach the large intestine without being absorbed, where they are converted by the enzymes of the gut flora into their active metabolites which cause an increase of intestinal peristalsis and secretion of water and electrolytes towards the intestinal lumen, having a laxative effect. Senna is recommended for occasional or acute constipation3, 4.
Green anise is part of the umbelliferae family and is a herbaceous plant originally found in the central and eastern Mediterranean area. Its fruit has a very particular smell thanks to its essential acid which contains trans-anethole (75-90%), which is mainly responsible for its properties5. Anise is beneficial to the gastrointestinal system: it has been shown to have anti-ulcer effects, to help relieve nausea and to have laxative effects combined with other plants such as senna6. Moreover a recent study of the effect of green anise on sufferers from functional dyspepsia (feeling of fullness, burning, pain of the epigastrium) showed an improvement in their quality of life thanks to the consumption of this plant7.
Name of ingredient: Dry extract of senna leaves standardised to contain a maximum of 8% in sennoside B
Part used: Leaves
Scientific name: Senna alexandrina Mill.
- Contains quinones 1.8- hydroxyanthracenics, which include sennosides B with laxative properties1.
- Accelerates transit in the colon, increasing the secretion of fluids towards the intestinal lumen3.
- Recommended in case of occasional constipation4.
Name of ingredient: Dry concentrated extract 4:1 of green anise fruit
Part used: Fruit
Scientific name: Pimpinella anisum L.
- Has a carminative action (helps the expulsion of gases), digestive, spasmolytic (especially at the respiratory and digestive level), expectorant, antibiotic and antifungal3.
- Causes an increase in the number of daily bowel movements and reduces intestinal transit time in combinaton with other plants.6
- Helps to alleviate the symptoms of functional dyspepsia7.
- Manual de Fitoterapia. Encarna Castillo García. Pub. Elsevier Masson. 2011.
- Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. Berdonces. Oceano Ambar. 2009.
- Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. Vanaclocha and Cañigueral. 4th Edition. Elsevier España. 2003.
- WHO monographs selected medicinal plants. Volume 1. 1999.
- Randomized clinical trial of a phytotherapic compound containing Pimpinella anisum, Foeniculum vulgare, Sambucus nigra, and Cassia augustifolia for chronic constipation. Picon et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2010. 10: 17.
- Review of pharmacological properties and chemical constituents of Pimpinella anisum. Shojaii and Fard. ISRN Pharm. 2012, Article ID 510795, 8 pages.
- Pimpinella anisum in modifying the quality of life in patients with functional dyspepsia: A double-blind randomized clinical trial. Ghoshegir et al. J Res Med Sci. 2014. 19(12): 1118-23.
Use: Natural laxative
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water, preferably in the evening.
Do not administer to children under 12 years. Consult your doctor in case of pregnancy or lactation. Do not use for prolonged periods without the supervision of specialist. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Natural laxative
PRODUCT NAMENatural laxative
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory. GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry.
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/10/17
Questions: Natural laxative
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.