- Adaptogen and immune system
- MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry
MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry
Honey, elderberry and lemon flavour
Honey powder, elderberry, freeze-dried royal jelly, zinc
Expiration date (End Of): 09/2023 |
Lot: D14446 | Ref. JM20
Ingredients: MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Anti-caking agent (E470b): magnesium salts of fatty acids.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry
Zinc contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
Zinc contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Within our MELICINAL line of products, we introduce the HONEY AND ELDERBERRY TABLETS with a honey, elderberry and lemon flavour, a natural solution that together with the zinc contribute to a normal function of the immune system1.
The HONEY AND ELDERBERRY TABLETS of the MELICINAL line combine the benefits of elderberry (Sambucus nigra L.) and the products obtained from bees (honey and royal jelly). They also contain zinc, which contributes to a normal cognitive function2.
Honey and royal jelly have several nutrients and provide energy to the body. The elderberry has been used for centuries for brews and dyes, it is a fruit rich in anthocyanins and flavonoids, which are anti-oxidant compounds that together with zinc protect the cells from oxidative stress1.
Our HONEY AND ELDERBERRY TABLETS from the MELICINAL line are a combination of the best ingredients with a pleasant honey, elderberry and lemon flavour.
MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry: Detailed information
Extreme temperatures or abrupt changes in temperature, stress, season changes... all of these factors may affect the immune system and may make the first colds or flu symptoms appear.
Zinc is a micro-nutrient which is necessary for a proper function of the immune system and is key for protecting cells from oxidative stress1.
Honey has been used since ancient times, it is a food that is rich in carbohydrates. Also, honey contains proteins, amino acids, minerals, organic acids, vitamins and polyphenols3.
Elderberry (Sambucus nigra L.) is native from Europe, North Africa, and central and western Asia. It is a bush of up to 10 m high with creamy white flowers and dark purple fruits. The fruit of the elderberry is rich in vitamins A and C, flavonic compounds and anthocyanosides with antioxidant capacity4.
Royal jelly is a viscous secretion produced in the hypopharyngeal and mandibular glands of worker bees5. This secretion is the exclusive food for larvae of the queen bee and contains minerals (mainly calcium and iron), vitamins, fatty acids, proteins and free amino acids6.
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 432/2012 of 16 May 2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children’s development and health.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 2049).
- Honey for nutrition and health: a review. Bogdanov et al. J Am Coll Nutr. 2008. 27(6): 677-689.
- Gran diccionario ilustrado de las plantas medicinales descripción y aplicaciones: el libro más completo sobre fitoterapia. Berdonces JL. Barcelona: Ed. Océano, 2009.
- In vitro anti-inflammatory effects of three fatty acids from royal jelly. Chen et al. Mediators Inflamm. 2016: 3583684.
- The consumption of propolis and royal jelly in preventing upper respiratory tract infections and as dietary supplementation in children. Yuksel and Akyol. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol. 2016. 5(3): 308-11.
Use: MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry Consulting batch information
1 tablet to suck, twice a day.
Limit consumption to a few weeks / month. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: MELICINAL Honey & Elderberry Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMEMELICINAL Honey & Elderberry
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER10 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured in accordance with GMPs according to current pharmaceutical standards (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practices of the European Pharmaceutical Industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2022/03/08