Organic dry pollen
From organic apiculture
Cardiovascular, Energy, Immune (strengthen the body's defense).
Buy Organic dry pollen
Dry pollen 250 g
Ref. JP25 | In Stock
Made in France
Organic dry pollen: Description
Our MELICINAL range offers the best beehive products from organic apiculture.
Bee pollen is a traditional remedy described as ‘life-giving dust’ by the Egyptians, quoted in the Bible and ancient Arabic medicinal texts (1). Honeybees mix the pollen obtained from the vegetation around them with nectar or saliva (2,3). They form small agglomerates (pellets) that are deposited in the cells of honeycomb (4,5).
Bee pollen has a very complex chemical composition and varies in size, colour, shape and weight, depending on the plant species it comes from (3).
Bee pollen is rich in secondary metabolites (flavonoids, phenolic acids, phytosterols and carotenoids), vitamins (tocopherol, niacin, thiamine, biotin and folic acid), minerals (sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron etc.), enzymes and coenzymes (5,6). Bee pollen has strong antioxidant power (7,8) and antibacterial, immunostimulant, anti-inflammatory, antianaemic, cardio-, hepato- and neuroprotective properties (3,5).
It also has significant nutritional value, since it contains proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and amino acids such as leucine, isoleucine and valine (5). This means it is recommended for people during recovery periods (e.g. after an operation) and for those who perform activities that require significant physical or mental effort (3).
MELICINAL bee pollen cares for the whole body and helps to protect and detoxify it naturally.
- Bogdanov (2014) Pollen: production, nutrition and health: a review. Bee Product Science, www.bee-hexagon.net
- Komosinska-Vassev et al. (2015) Bee Pollen: chemical composition and therapeutic application. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015: 297425.
- Santa Bárbara et al. (2015) Microbiological assessment, nutritional characterization and phenolic compounds of bee pollen from Mellipona mandacaia Smith, 1983. Molecules 20: 12525-12544.
- Rzepecka-Stojko et al. (2015) Polyphenols from bee pollen: structure, absorption, metabolism and biological activity. Molecules 20(12):21732-49.
- Denisow and Denisow-Pietrzyk (2016) Biological and therapeutic properties of bee pollen: a review. J Sci Food Agric 96(13):4303-9.
- Araújo et al. (2017) Chemical composition and biological activities of mono- and heterofloral bee pollen of different geographical origins. Int J Mol Sci 18(5): 921.
- Eraslan et al. (2009) Evaluation of protective effect of bee pollen against propoxur toxicity in rat. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72(3):931-7.
Organic dry pollen: Composition
Dry pollen grains* (*from organic apiculture).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food is manufactured under a GMP-compliant. GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European food industry.
Organic dry pollen: Nutritional information
Organic dry pollen: Use
Bee pollen can be consumed alone or mixed with fruit juices, yoghurts, etc.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.