- Plant-based foods
- Organic White pepper
Organic White pepper
Slightly spicy, delicate and refined aroma
POWDER Nothing But Plants®
Buy Organic White pepper
Expiration date (End Of): 08/2026 | Ref. JW12
7,00 € (7,00 €)
Buy Organic White pepper
White pepper 30 g
This product allows you to accumulate 7 loyalty points. = 0,42€.
Ingredients: Organic White pepper
Organic whole white peppercorn (Piper nigrum L.).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic White pepper
Discover the exceptional properties of SPICES with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
Why choose POWDER® spices?
Our quality requirements:
Organically grown spices
Controlled geographical area
Pepper, derived from the berry of Piper nigrum L., is certainly the most used spice. As essential as salt, no dish is complete without this condiment!
With is lingering flavor, our white pepper POWDER has a slightly piquant aroma, soft and refined, perfect for delicate dishes.
The pepper, Piper nigrum L., is a plant that can reach a height of five meters. Haling from the state of Kerala, in the south-west of India (1), its fruit, the pepper, changes color according to the stage of maturation: first green, later red, then black, the most consumed stage.
White pepper is obtained from fully ripe fruit, after removal of the pericarp (red skin), fermentation and drying (2, 3).
Pepper is a traditional Ayurveda remedy for colds and fevers, already mentioned in early millennial Indian writings. In Antiquity, pepper was not grown, but it was gathered in the forest for its beneficial properties (1, 2). It was sought after for its fungicidal and bactericidal action, which was beneficial to the preservation of food (4), but it was also used as a currency for trade with the East (1).
Because of their high market value, spices were the driving force behind the search for a sea route to the Indies, also called the Pepper Empire, including the famed expedition of Vasco de Gama in 1497. Nowadays, pepper is universally used in cooking, but also for the control of digestive disorders (2).
Pepper possesses beneficial properties thanks to the presence of essential oils and spicy alkaloids, such as piperine. However, during the process of obtaining white pepper, most of the seed's essential oils are lost, making its flavour and aroma softer than that of black pepper (2, 5, 6).
The piperine from white pepper acts mainly as an anti-inflammatory agent. Moreover, according to numerous studies, it possesses key sedative, analgesic, antipyretic (for the control of fevers) and spasmolytic (7) properties.
White pepper has an intense aroma and flavor, but more delicate than the black pepper’s one.
In kitchen, white pepper is chosen for aesthetic reasons (light-colored dishes and white sauces) and to lighten without obliterating the taste of certain dishes, such as those based on white meat or fish.
Focaccia with white pepper (8):
- 500 g flour
- 25 g dry yeast
- 300 ml water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- grounded white pepper
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and add the sifted flour. Mix well. Stir in the salt and olive oil. Knead for 5 minutes to give elasticity and body to the dough.
- Form a ball, cover the bowl with a wet cloth, and let the dough stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Fold the dough inside and knead to eliminate air pockets.
- Lightly oil the surface of the dough ball and sprinkle with ground white pepper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200 º C for 40 minutes.
Crème brûlée with white pepper (9):
Ingredients (4 serving):
- 5 ¼ ml (2 ¼ cups) cream
- ½ tablespoon white pepper
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra sugar
- In a saucepan, bring the cream with the vanilla extract and the white pepper to boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar. Add the hot cream while stirring.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Cook in a bain-marie in an oven preheated to 180 ºC for 40 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate. Sprinkle on the extra sugar and quickly caramelize it using a cooking torch. Serve immediatly.
- Shaffer, M. (2013). Pepper: A history of the world's most influential spice. Macmillan.
- Ravindran, P. N. (Ed.). (2003). Black pepper: Piper nigrum. CRC Press.
- Cebrián, J., & Guarga, J. (2012). Diccionario de plantas medicinales. RBA Libros
- Pérez-iñigo, J. M. et al., (2012). The spice trade as the main factor that drove the geographic discoveries of Western Europe. Revista Universitaria Europea Nº 16. Enero-Junio 2012: 73-96
- Tainter, D. R., & Grenis, A. T. (2001). Spices and seasonings: a food technology handbook. John Wiley & sons.
- Jagella, T., & Grosch, W. (1999). Flavour and off-flavour compounds of black and white pepper (Piper nigrum L.) I. Evaluation of potent odorants of black pepper by dilution and concentration techniques. European Food Research and Technology, 209(1), 16-21.
- Teuscher, E., Anton, R., & Lobstein, A. (2005). Plantes aromatiques: épices, aromates, condiments et huiles essentielles. Tec & Doc.
Use: Organic White pepper
In the kitchen, white pepper is chosen more often for aesthetic reasons (light-colored dishes and white sauces) and to lighten without obliterating the taste of certain dishes, such as those based on white meat or fish.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic White pepper
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic White pepper
BOTANICAL NAMEPiper nigrum L.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food is manufactured under a GMP-compliant. GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European food industry.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2022/09/29
Questions: Organic White pepper
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.