Concentrated extract 4:1
A natural aphrodisiac and tonic
Specific Woman (premenstrual syndrome).
350 mg / 90 capsules
16,50 € instead of 22,00 €
Offer valid until 23/01/2018
Ref. MM15 | In Stock
Made in France
Damiana, also known as Turnera diffusa or Turnera aphrodisiaca, is a shrub native to America. Its intensely aromatic leaves, long used by the Maya peoples, are known for their aphrodisiac, tonic and diuretic properties.
Flavonoids in Damiana stimulate blood circulation and testosterone production, increasing sexual desire and vitality, as well as athletic performance.
It is effective in men, since it treats premature ejaculation, but also in women, due to its regulatory effect on hormonal imbalances, menstrual problems and amenorrhea.
Its properties also promote better recovery after sexual activity.
In addition to its antiseptic and diuretic actions, it is an excellent tonic that relieves anxiety and stress.
Damiana: Detailed information
Damiana (Turnera diffusa) is a small shrub that grows in tropical and subtropical areas of America. Its flowers are golden yellow and leaves are harvested in the summer, when the plant is in flower. Its aroma is similar to chamomile.
Primarily known for its aphrodisiac properties, damiana (Turnera diffusa) was traditionally used by the Maya peoples for that purpose. Scientific studies link damiana’s aphrodisiac action to its bioactive constituents. Due to its flavonoid content, it acts as an aromatase inhibitor (1,2) (aromatase is an enzyme involved in the conversion of androgens to oestrogens), which is associated with a potential increase in serum testosterone and maintaining energy, vitality, libido and muscle mass in older men (1).
Studies have demonstrated the positive effect of damiana in the recovery of sexual activity, and its potential use in erectile dysfunction problems, due to its flavonoid, caffeine and arbutin content (3). Isolated alkaloids in extracts of aerial parts of damiana have also demonstrated a sexual stimulant effect (4).
Other properties of damiana’s constituents include analgesic and anxiolytic effects, due to its apigenin (flavonoid) content (5).
EXTRACT NAME: Concentrated extract 4:1 damiana.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Turnera diffusa Willd. ex Schult.
PART USED: Leaves
One gram of concentrated dry extract of damiana leaf 4:1 is equivalent to 4 grams of fresh damiana leaves. This means the daily dosage is equivalent to 4.2 grams, providing the constituents that give it its tonic and aphrodisiac properties.
• The anti-aromatase activity of its flavonoids is associated with a potential increase in serum testosterone (1,2).
• Flavonoids in damiana leaf extract have a pro-sexual effect and potential therapeutic application in sexual dysfunction problems (3).
• Aphrodisiac effect due to its alkaloid content (4).
• Contains apigenin, which has analgesic and anxiolytic properties (5).
1. Anti-aromatase activity of the constituents from damiana (Turnera diffusa). Zhao et al. (2008) J Ethnopharmacology 120: 387–393.
2. Ethnobotany, phytochemistry, and bioactivity of the genus Turnera (Passifloraceae) with a focus on damiana—Turnera diffusa. Szewczyk et al. (2014). J Ethnopharmacology 152: 424-443.
3. Turnera diffusa Wild (Turneraceae) recovers sexual behavior in sexually exhausted males. Estrada-Reyes et al. (2009) J Ethnopharmacology 123 (3): 423–429.
4. Evaluation of aphrodisiac activity of Turnera aphrodisiaca. Kumar et al. (2009). International J Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research 1(1): 1-4.
5. Pharmacological evaluation of bioactive principle of Turnera aphrodisiaca. Kumar et al. (2008). Indian J Pharm Sci 70(6): 740–744.
3 capsules contain: 1050 mg damiana leaves concentrated extract 4:1 (Turnera diffusa Willd. ex Schult.).
Potato starch, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
3 capsules a day, with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Do not use if you have a personal or family history of breast cancer. Not recommended if pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from light.