Wild Cordyceps Sinensis
From our quality-controlled suppliers in Tibetan regions
Treasure of traditional medicine
Anti-inflammatory, Energy (fatigue).
Buy Wild Cordyceps Sinensis
1 vial / 250 mg of whole cordyceps powder
Ref. CT25 | Out Of Stock
Conditioned in the EU
Wild Cordyceps Sinensis: Description
Cordyceps sinensis, known to Tibetans as Yartsa Gunbu, is a powerful adaptogen that has been recognised in Tibetan and Chinese pharmacopoeia for thousands of years. In China it is a rare delicacy once reserved for emperors, and is now offered to important people or to members of their family to symbolise long life and strength.
Known colloquially as ‘winter worm, summer grass’, Cordyceps sinensis is a mushroom that grows in the body of a caterpillar living on the Tibetan Plateau, at altitudes of over 3,700 m. The unique and mystical way in which it is created make it one of the most sought after mushrooms in the world, with a unit price higher than that of gold.
Rich in adenosine, vitamins and zinc, it is mainly used to improve sexual function and physical performance, promoting higher resistance during exercise and reducing fatigue.
The Cordyceps sinensis available through our site comes from a quality-controlled supplier in the Tibetan regions of Qinghai. We work locally with trusted partners to guarantee the origin and quality of this precious product.
To guarantee optimum quality, we have developed a quality control procedure that can be viewed online.
Wild Cordyceps Sinensis: Detailed information
Description and origin
Cordyceps sinensis is an entomopathogenic and endoparasitic fungus that lives on the Tibetan Plateau, in China, Bhutan, Nepal and northeastern regions of India, at altitudes of 3,000-5,000 m. In Tibet, where it is known as Yartsa Gunbu (‘summer grass, winter worm’), it is highly valued and has been used in traditional Tibetan and Chinese medicine for centuries. Legend and mysticism surround this fungus, largely due to its distinctive life cycle and the area from which it originates.
Its life cycle consists of the following phases: the spores of the fungus infect the larva of the Thitarodes genus, known as ‘ghost moths’ during autumn. These spores germinate and the fungus feeds on the body of the caterpillar. After over-wintering, the fungus emerges from the larva: it has consumed the caterpillar’s body but maintains its shape, so that the fruiting body of the fungus (stroma) emerges from the larval head, which can be seen on the surface.
Cordyceps contains multiple compounds (minerals, vitamins, amino acids, sterols, organic acids, proteins, polysaccharides etc.), including nucleosides (adenosine and cordycepin) and D-mannitol (cordycepic acid).
Product Name: Cordyceps powder from the Tibetan region of Xiewu (part of the Chinese province of Qinghai), situated at 4,000 m altitude.
Scientific name: Cordyceps sinensis (B.) Saccardo
Part used: Whole Cordyceps
Cordyceps improves sexual function as well as boosting energy, stamina and vitality. It also improves respiratory and cardiovascular function and has antioxidant properties that contribute to its anti-aging effect.
One dose of our product contains 250 mg of Cordyceps sinensis.
In traditional Chinese medicine, Cordyceps is used to treat male impotence and sexual dysfunction (1). Various research has linked an improvement in sperm quality, sexual desire and libido to an intake of Cordyceps sinensis extracts (2). This improvement in sperm quality may be due to its richness in vitamins, zinc and amino acids (2).
Several studies have also established its anti-stress and anti-fatigue effect (3) associated with an increase in ATP levels, the molecular energy of cells, and improved efficiency in oxygen use (1).
Cordycepic acid has diuretic, antitussive and antioxidant properties (4), while nucleosides are involved in regulating and modulating various physiological processes in the central nervous system (4.5).
The nucleoside cordycepin (3’-deoxyadenosine) has anti-inflammatory properties (5.6) and effects that reduce the concentration of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein and triglycerides in the blood (7).
1. Zhu JS, Halpern GM, Jones K (1998) The scientific rediscovery of an ancient Chinese herbal medicine: Cordyceps sinensis Part I. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 4(3): 289-303.
2. Shashidhar MG, Giridhar P, Udaya Sankarb K, Manohar B (2013) Bioactive principles from Cordyceps sinensis: A potent food supplement – A review. Journal of Functional Foods 5: 1013-1030.
3. Koh JH, Kim KM, Kim JM, Song JC, Suh HJ (2003) Antifatigue and antistress effect of the hot-water fraction from mycelia of Cordyceps sinensis. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 26: 691-694.
4. Li SP, Yang FQ, Tsim KWK (2006) Quality control of Cordyceps sinensis, a valued traditional Chinese medicine. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 41: 1571–1584.
5. Chen PX, Wang S, Nie S, Marcone M (2013) Properties of Cordyceps Sinensis: A review. Journal of Functional Foods 5: 550-569.
6. Illana-Esteban C (2007) Cordyceps sinensis, un hongo usado en la medicina tradicional China [a fungus used in traditional Chinese medicine [Cordyceps sinensis, a fungus used in traditional Chinese medicine]. Revista Iberoamericana de Micología 24: 259-262 [Iberoamerican Journal of Mycology].
7. Guo P, Kai Q, Gao J, Lian ZQ, Wu CM, Wu CA, Zhu HB (2010) Cordycepin prevents hyperlipidemia in hamsters fed a high-fat diet via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 113: 395-403.
Wild Cordyceps Sinensis: Composition
1 vial contain: 250 mg of whole cordyceps powder (Cordyceps sinesis (B.) Saccardo).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory. GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry.
Wild Cordyceps Sinensis: Use
Wild Cordyceps sinensis is highly valued in Tibetan culture and is consumed on special occasions or given as a gift to a loved one as a mark of respect and to wish them a long and healthy life. To benefit from its properties, the following ritual is recommended: place the entire contents of one vial of our wild Cordyceps sinensis in a cup of hot water (maximum 60ºC), cover the cup and let stand for a few minutes before consuming on an empty stomach.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.