A powerful general tonic that stimulates the nervous system
Died extract concentrate 30:1 standardised to contain 10% in schisandrins
3 + 1 free
Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill.) is an adaptogen plant originating from East Russia, North West China and Korea.
Our schisandra dried fruit extract is concentrated 30:1 and standardised to contain 10% in schisandrins (lignans), polyphenolic molecules which can be found in schisandra berries and provide this plant with its therapeutic properties.
Known in China as the “5 flavour berry” (Wu wei zi), traditional Chinese medicine gives its fruit the essence of 5 elements (wood-acid, fire-bitter, earth-sweet, metal-spicy and water-salty) related to its impact on different parts of the body (kidneys, liver, lungs, heart and stomach).
Its anti-stress and anti-fatigue efficiency and its ability to improve mental performance and work capacity is proven.
Schisandra: Detailed information
Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill.) is a plant that originates from the East Russia, Korea and North West China. It is mainly known for its adaptogen and stimulating properties. Various studies have shown its anti-stress and anti-fatigue efficiency and that it improves mental performance and work capacity(1).
In addition to its adaptogen effect, in China the schisandra is known by the name of Wu wei zi (“5 flavour berry”) because the traditional Chinese medicine provides its fruit with the essence of the 5 elements (wood-acid, fire-bitter, earth-sweet, metal-spicy and water-salty) related to its impact on different parts of the body: acid and salty-liver and kidneys, bitter and spicy-heart and lungs, sweet-stomach (1).
With regard to the 5 elements, schisandra berry extracts are effective for cardiovascular health due to its vasorelaxant effect brought about by inhibiting the flow of extracellular calcium to the smooth muscle and production of endothelial nitric oxide (2).
Furthermore, studies have shown its use in alleviating the symptoms of asthma, through its antioxidant action and the decreasing the levels of immunoglobulin E (IgE), which bring bronchial hyperactivity (3,4). Protective action for the kidneys and liver by a lignan isolated from schisandra fruit was studied recently (5). Ultimately, the gastroprotector effect of the schisandra is associated with its antioxidant activity (6).
Our extract is titrated in SCHISANDRINS (LIGNANS), polyphenolic molecules which can be found in schisandra berries and are the main bio-active compound from this plant due to its antioxidant properties (7).
EXTRACT NAME: Concentrated extract 30:1 of schisandra and standardised to contain 10% in schisandrins.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill.
USED PART: Fruit
One gram of our dry concentrated SCHISANDRA fruit extract 30:1 is equivalent to 30 grams of fresh schisandra fruit. When standardised to contain 10% in schisandrins, the daily dose provides a total of 6 g of schisandra fruit and 20 mg of schisandrins thus providing this species with its beneficial properties.
- Adaptogen with anti-stress and anti-fatigue properties. It increases mental performance and work capacity (1).
- Protective impact on the heart, kidneys, liver and stomach (2,5,6,7).
- Alleviates symptoms of asthma (3-4).
- Immunomodulatory, anti-inflamatory (8).
1.Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: An overview of Russian research and uses in medicine. Panossian and Wikman (2008) J Ethnopharmacology 118: 183–212.
2. Aqueous extract of Schizandra chinensis fruit causes endothelium-dependent and -independent relaxation of isolated rat thoracic aorta. Rhyu et al. (2006) Phytomedicine 13: 651–657.
3. Antioxidant and anti inflammatory effects of Schisandra and Paeonia extracts in the treatment of asthma. Chen et al. (2014). Exp Ther Med 8: 1479-1483.
4. Anti-asthmatic effects of schizandrae fructus extract in mice with asthma. Kim et al. (2014) Pharmacogn Mag 10(Suppl 1): S80–S85.
5. Protective effects of gomisin A isolated from Schisandra chinensis against CCl4-induced hepatic and renal injury. Hwang et al. (2013) Int J Mol Med 31: 888-898.
7. Correlation between anti-stress and hepatoprotective effects of schisandra lignans was related with its antioxidative actions in liver cells. Pu et al. (2012) Evidence-Based Complement Altern Med Vol 2012, Article ID 161062, 7 pages
8. Schisandra chinensis peptidoglycan-assisted transmembrane transport of lignans uniquely altered the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic mechanisms in human HepG2 cell model. Chyau et al. (2014) Plos One 9(1),e85165.
Ingredients: Schisandra Consulting batch information
In 1 capsule: 200 mg of dry extract of schisandra fruit (Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill.) standardised to contain 10% in schisandrins (i.e., 20 mg).
Potato starch, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Schisandra Consulting batch information
1 capsule per day, with half a glass of water at mealtime.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist in case of simultaneous use of anticoagulants. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Schisandra Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry.
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.