Siberian Ginseng to combat stress
Standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides
Expiration date (End Of): 07/2022 |
Lot: D14032 | Ref. NB60
3 + 1 free
The European Medicines Agency approves the traditional use of eleutherococcus root to treat symptoms of asthenia (fatigue and weakness).
Used for thousands of years, eleutherococcus (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim) is a powerful adaptogen that helps the body cope with stress.
Eleutherococcus, also known as Siberian ginseng, is a very effective natural product to fight against symptoms of asthenia (weakness and fatigue). Its adaptogenic attributes are due to eleutherosides within the roots of eleutherococcus: bioactive compounds with antioxidant, anti-fatigue, anti-stress and immunomodulatory properties.
Our eleutherococcus extract is standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides, guaranteeing optimum quality.
Eleutherococcus: Detailed information
Eleutherococcus: Description and origin
Eleutherococcus or Siberian ginseng, (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. & Maxim.) Maxim, Araliaceae family) is a shrub native to Korea, northern China, Japan and Siberia. Eleutherococcus can grow up to three metres high and its roots are long, woody and bendy1. Its flowers are yellowish (female flowers) and violet (male flowers) in colour2.
Eleutherococcus has been used in China for over 2,000 years in case of infections, to reduce fatigue and to strength the immune system3. Due to its anti-fatigue properties, eleutherococcus root is prized by inhabitants of Siberia and northern China4.
With properties that enhance performance and overall health in stressful situations, during the 1950s Russian scientists proposed eleutherococcus as an alternative to Korean ginseng1. Soviet astronauts also consumed eleutherococcus root to boost their strength and endurance, and to counteract the effects of zero gravity4.
The main active compounds of eleutherococcus root are eleutherosides (eleutheroside B, eleutheroside E etc.). It also contains phenylpropanoids, triterpene saponins, sterols, polysaccharides, flavonoids and glucans1, 5, 6.
Eleutherococcus: Our extract
Extract name: Dry extract of eleutherococcus standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides
Scientific name: Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim.
Part used: Root
Eleutherococcus root is an adaptogen used to reduce the effects of stress and enhance mental and physical performance1, 5.
Eleutherococcus: Usage, dosage
One dose of our extract is equivalent to 4 grams of Eleutherococcus root.
The European Medicines Agency approves the traditional use of eleutherococcus root to fight against symptoms of asthenia (fatigue and weakness)7.
Adaptogens help the body to cope with stress and help its internal systems regain their equilibrium. Eleutherococcus is one of the plants considered adaptogenic and it has been claimed that eleutherococcus modifies physiological response to stress and helps the body to cope with it1. Its anti-stress (physical as well as mental) properties are backed up by numerous studies8, 9 and its effectiveness in relieving symptoms of burnout, or professional fatigue syndrome, are proven10.
The anti-fatigue attributes of eleutherococcus root mean it helps to prolong physical activity and improve recovery after exercise, by increasing the supply of oxygen to muscles6. It also decreases glycogenolysis and the production of lactic and pyruvic acid during exercise6, which helps to fight against the onset of fatigue.
- Bone and Mills (2013). Principles and practice of Phytotherapy. (Principes et pratiques de la phytothérapie) Seconde Édition, Elsevier.
- Berdonces (2009) Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. (Grand dictionnaire illustré des Plantes médicinales, description et applications) Oceano Ambar.
- Goulet and Dionne (2005) Assessment of the effects of Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance performance. (Evaluation des effets de l'Eleutherococcus senticosus sur les performances d'endurance) Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 15: 75-83.
- Cebrián (2012) Diccionario de plantas medicinales. (Dictionnaire des plantes médicinales) RBA libros.
- Wichtl and Anton (2003) Plantes thérapeutiques. Tradition, pratique officinale, science et thérapeutique. 2é edition. Éditions Tec & Doc.
- Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís (2011). Manual de Fitoterapia. (Manuel de phytothérapie) Elsevier.
- EMA/HMPC/680618/2013 Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) Community herbal monograph on Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) (Comité responsable des médicaments à base de plantes (HPMC) Monographie communautaire de plantes médicinales sur l'Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.)) Maxim., radix.
- Yan-Lin et al. (2011) Eleutherococcus senticosus as a crude medicine: (Eleutherococcus senticosuscomme médecine brute :Review of biological and pharmacological effects. (Examen des effets biologiques et pharmaceutiques) J Med Plants Res 5(25): 5946-5952.
- Vanaclocha and Cañigueral (2003) Fitoterapia. (Phytothérapie) Vademécum de prescripción. (Vademecum de prescription) 4è Édition. Elsevier España.
- Jacquet et al. (2015) Burnout: evaluation of the efficacy and tolerability of TARGET 1® for professional fatigue syndrome (burnout). J Int Med Res 43(1):54-66.
Ingredients: Eleutherococcus Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Anti-caking agent (E470b): magnesium salts of fatty acids.Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Eleutherococcus Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day divided into two doses with half a glass of water, at mealtimes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Eleutherococcus Consulting batch information
BOTANICAL NAMEEleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
The labelling of our products complies with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 and its subsequent amendments, with the aim of ensuring a high level of consumer protection in relation to food information.
Our packaging complies with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 and its subsequent amendments on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, aiming to secure a high level of protection of human health and the interests of consumers.
Anastore is registered on the Food Safety Register of Food Business Operators, whose purpose is to protect public health and consumer interests, where the definitions provided for in Articles 2 and 3 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and their subsequent amendments, are applicable.
These Regulations lay down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety, in addition to laying down general rules in relation to the hygiene of foodstuffs.
Finally, Anastore notifies the placing on the market of its food supplements in accordance with the specific regulations of each country.
Registration QR Code
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/09/02