- Food supplements
- Titled extracts
Siberian Ginseng to combat stress
Standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides
Expiration date (End Of): 01/2025 | Ref. NB60
19,00 € (19,00 €)
500 mg / 60 capsules
This product allows you to accumulate 19 loyalty points. = 1,14€.
†N/A: Not applicable
Anti-caking agent (E470b): magnesium salts of fatty acids.Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Used for thousands of years, eleutherococcus (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim) is a powerful adaptogen that helps the body cope with stress.
Eleutherococcus, also known as Siberian ginseng, is a very effective natural product to fight against symptoms of asthenia (weakness and fatigue). Its adaptogenic attributes are due to eleutherosides within the roots of eleutherococcus: bioactive compounds with antioxidant, anti-fatigue, anti-stress and immunomodulatory properties.
Our eleutherococcus extract is standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides, guaranteeing optimum quality.
Eleutherococcus: Detailed information
Eleutherococcus: Description and origin
Eleutherococcus or Siberian ginseng, (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. & Maxim.) Maxim, Araliaceae family) is a shrub native to Korea, northern China, Japan and Siberia. Eleutherococcus can grow up to three metres high and its roots are long, woody and bendy1. Its flowers are yellowish (female flowers) and violet (male flowers) in colour2.
Eleutherococcus has been used in China for over 2,000 years in case of infections, to reduce fatigue and to strength the immune system3. Due to its anti-fatigue properties, eleutherococcus root is prized by inhabitants of Siberia and northern China4.
With properties that enhance performance and overall health in stressful situations, during the 1950s Russian scientists proposed eleutherococcus as an alternative to Korean ginseng1. Soviet astronauts also consumed eleutherococcus root to boost their strength and endurance, and to counteract the effects of zero gravity4.
The main active compounds of eleutherococcus root are eleutherosides (eleutheroside B, eleutheroside E etc.). It also contains phenylpropanoids, triterpene saponins, sterols, polysaccharides, flavonoids and glucans1, 5, 6.
Eleutherococcus: Our extract
Extract name: Dry extract of eleutherococcus standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides
Scientific name: Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim.
Part used: Root
Eleutherococcus root is an adaptogen used to reduce the effects of stress and enhance mental and physical performance1, 5, 7.
Eleutherococcus: Usage, dosage
One dose of our extract is equivalent to 5 grams of Eleutherococcus root.
Adaptogens help the body to cope with stress and help its internal systems regain their equilibrium. Eleutherococcus is one of the plants considered adaptogenic and it has been claimed that eleutherococcus modifies physiological response to stress and helps the body to cope with it1. Its anti-stress (physical as well as mental) properties are backed up by numerous studies8, 9 and its effectiveness in relieving symptoms of burnout, or professional fatigue syndrome, are proven10.
The anti-fatigue attributes of eleutherococcus root mean it helps to prolong physical activity and improve recovery after exercise, by increasing the supply of oxygen to muscles6. It also decreases glycogenolysis and the production of lactic and pyruvic acid during exercise6, which helps to fight against the onset of fatigue.
- Principles and practice of Phytotherapy. Bone and Mills. Seconde Édition. 2013. Elsevier.
- Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. Berdonces. Oceano Ambar. 2009.
- Assessment of the effects of Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance performance. Goulet ED, Dionne IJ. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2005. 15. 75-83.
- Diccionario de plantas medicinales. Cebrián. RBA libros. 2012.
- Plantes thérapeutiques. Tradition, pratique officinale, science et thérapeutique. Wichtl and Anton. 2é edition. 2003. Éditions Tec & Doc.
- Manual de Fitoterapia. Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís. Elsevier. 2011.
- Community herbal monograph on Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim., radix. EMA/HMPC/680618/2013 Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC).
- Eleutherococcus senticosus as a crude medicine: Review of biological and pharmacological effects. Yan-Lin et al. J Med Plants Res. 2011. 5(25): 5946-5952.
- Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. Vanaclocha and Cañigueral. 4è Édition. 2003. Elsevier España.
- Burnout: evaluation of the efficacy and tolerability of TARGET 1® for professional fatigue syndrome (burnout). Jacquet et al. J Int Med Res. 2015. 43(1):54-66.
2 capsules per day divided into two doses with half a glass of water, at mealtimes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
BOTANICAL NAMEEleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/02/07
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.