Standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides
Siberian Ginseng to combat stress
Emotional balance, Energy (fatigue).
500 mg / 60 capsules
Ref. NB60 | In Stock
Made in France
The European Medicines Agency approves the traditional use of eleutherococcus root to treat symptoms of asthenia (fatigue and weakness).
Used for thousands of years, eleutherococcus (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim) is a powerful adaptogen that helps the body cope with stress.
Eleutherococcus, also known as Siberian ginseng, is a very effective natural remedy for combatting the symptoms of asthenia (weakness and fatigue). Its adaptogenic attributes are due to eleutherosides within the roots of eleutherococcus: bioactive compounds with antioxidant, anti-fatigue, anti-stress and immunomodulatory properties.
Our eleutherococcus extract is standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides, guaranteeing optimum quality.
Eleutherococcus: Detailed information
Eleutherococcus: Description and origin
Eleutherococcus or Siberian ginseng, (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. & Maxim.) Maxim, Araliaceae family) is a shrub native to Korea, northern China, Japan and Siberia. Eleutherococcus can grow up to three metres high and its roots are long, woody and bendy (1). Its flowers are yellowish (female flowers) and violet (male flowers) in colour (2).
Eleutherococcus has been used in China for over 2,000 years in case of infections, to reduce fatigue and to strength the immune system (3). Due to its anti-fatigue properties, eleutherococcus root is prized by inhabitants of Siberia and northern China (4).
With properties that enhance performance and overall health in stressful situations, during the 1950s Russian scientists proposed eleutherococcus as an alternative to Korean ginseng (1). Soviet astronauts also consumed eleutherococcus root to boost their strength and endurance, and to counteract the effects of zero gravity (4).
The main active compounds of eleutherococcus root are eleutherosides (eleutheroside B, eleutheroside E etc.). It also contains phenylpropanoids, triterpene saponins, sterols, polysaccharides, flavonoids and glucans (1, 5-6).
Eleutherococcus: Our extract
Extract name: Dry extract of eleutherococcus standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides
Scientific name: Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim.
Part used: Root
Eleutherococcus root is an adaptogen used to reduce the effects of stress and enhance mental and physical performance (1,5).
Eleutherococcus: Usage, dosage
One dose of our extract is equivalent to 4 grams of Eleutherococcus root.
The European Medicines Agency approves the traditional use of eleutherococcus root to fight against symptoms of asthenia (fatigue and weakness) (7).
Adaptogens help the body to cope with stress and help its internal systems regain their equilibrium. Eleutherococcus is one of the plants considered adaptogenic and it has been claimed that eleutherococcus modifies physiological response to stress and helps the body to cope with it (1). Its anti-stress (physical as well as mental) properties are backed up by numerous studies (8-9) and its effectiveness in relieving symptoms of burnout, or professional fatigue syndrome, are proven (10).
The anti-fatigue attributes of eleutherococcus root mean it helps to prolong physical activity and improve recovery after exercise, by increasing the supply of oxygen to muscles (6,11). It also decreases glycogenolysis and the production of lactic and pyruvic acid during exercise (6), which helps to fight against the onset of fatigue.
1. Bone and Mills (2013). Principles and practice of Phytotherapy. Second Edition, Elsevier.
2. Berdonces (2009) Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. [Illustrated dictionary of medicinal plants. Description and applications] Oceano Ambar.
3. Goulet and Dionne (2005) Assessment of the effects of Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 15: 75-83.
4. Cebrián (2012) Diccionario de plantas medicinales [Dictionary of medicinal plants]. RBA libros.
5. Wichtl and Anton (2003) Plantes thérapeutiques. Tradition, pratique officinale, science et thérapeutique. [Therapeutic plants. Tradition, official practice, science and therapeutics]. 2é edition. Editions Tec & Doc.
6. Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís (2011). Manual de Fitoterapia [Herbal medicine manual]. Elsevier.
7. EMA/HMPC/680618/2013 Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) Community herbal monograph on Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim., radix.
8. Yan-Lin et al. (2011) Eleutherococcus senticosus as a crude medicine: Review of biological and pharmacological effects. J Med Plants Res 5(25): 5946-5952.
9. Vanaclocha and Cañigueral (2003) Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. [Phytotherapy. Prescription handbook] 4ª Edición. Elsevier España.
10. Jacquet et al. (2015) Burnout: evaluation of the efficacy and tolerability of TARGET 1® for professional fatigue syndrome (burnout). J Int Med Res 43(1):54-66.
Ingredients: Eleutherococcus Consulting batch information
2 capsules contain: 1000 mg dry extract of eleutherococcus root (Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim.) standardised to contain 0.8% eleutherosides (i.e. 8 mg).
Anti-caking agent (E470b): magnesium salts of fatty acids, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Eleutherococcus Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water in two separate doses at mealtimes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Eleutherococcus Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.