Standardised extract: Adenosine 0.28% | D-mannitol (Cordycepic acid) 8% Clinically tested
Major adaptogen, symbol of longevity and virility
Anti-inflammatory, Energy (fatigue), Immune (strengthen the body's defense).
500 mg / 90 capsules
24,80 € instead of 31,00 €
Offer valid until 17/09/2019
Ref. PC90 | In Stock
Made in France
Cordyceps sinensis is an amazing medicinal mushroom from the Cordycipitaceae family, commonly used in Chinese medicine, whose mycelium grows in the body of a caterpillar.
It high value is due to its rarity and many therapeutic benefits; for this reason it is often referred to as “brown gold”.
CordycepsPrime™ CS-4 has been selected for its exceptional properties:
- Very high standardised adenosine (0.28%) and D-mannitol (8%) content.
- Produced using biotechnology (a patented natural fermentation process).
- More than 30 studies in 20 years.
Cordyceps is an excellent supplement for combating ageing. Studies have shown that cordyceps extract boosts the activity of antioxidant enzymes (SOD), while reducing oxidation of lipids and inhibiting the activity of monoamine oxidases (a family of enzymes that degrades neurotransmitters such as serotonin).
A powerful tonic, it boosts physical energy and contributes to a significant improvement in athletes’ athletic performance.
It is also an aphrodisiac that helps boost virility in both men and in women.
A major adaptogen, it offers increased resistance to stress and disease.
CordycepsPrime™: Detailed information
Cordyceps sinensis is an entomopathogenic and endoparasitic fungus that lives on the Tibetan Plateau, in China, Bhutan, Nepal and north-eastern regions of India, at altitudes of 3,000-5,000 m. It is highly valued and has been used in traditional Tibetan and Chinese medicine for centuries. Legend and mysticism surround this fungus, due to its distinctive life cycle and the area from which it originates.
CordycepsPrime™, produced using biotechnology
CordycepsPrime™, an extract from mycelia (vegetative part of a fungus) of Cordyceps sinensis, is obtained through a patented cultivation and fermentation process. The strain of Cordyceps used to obtain this extract (CS-4 strain) has been the subject of various research studies supporting its effectiveness (1).
CordycepsPrime™ contains minerals, vitamins (A, C, beta-carotene), amino acids, ergosterol, polysaccharides, nucleosides (adenosine and cordycepin) and D-mannitol (cordycepic acid).
Extract name: Dry extract of mycelia of cordyceps (CordycepsPrime™) standardised to contain 0.28% adenosine and 8% cordycepic acid (D-mannitol).
Scientific name: Cordyceps sinensis (B.) Saccardo
Part used: Mycelium
CordycepsPrime™ improves sexual function as well as boosting energy, stamina and vitality. It also improves respiratory and cardiovascular function and has antioxidant properties that contribute to its anti-aging effect.
In traditional Chinese medicine, Cordyceps sinensis has been used to treat male impotence and sexual dysfunction (2). It has also been used to improve physical performance. It has immunostimulant properties and has been used to reduce respiratory, kidney, liver and cardiovascular disorders (1).
Numerous research has linked an improvement in sperm quality, sexual desire and libido to taking C. sinensis extracts. The improvement in sperm quality may be due to its richness in vitamins, zinc and amino acids (3).
Several studies have also established its anti-stress and anti-fatigue effect (4) associated with an increase in ATP levels, the molecular energy of cells, and improved efficiency in oxygen use (2).
Cordycepic acid has diuretic, antitussive and antioxidant properties (5), while nucleosides are involved in regulating and modulating various physiological processes in the central nervous system (5-6). The nucleoside cordycepin (3’-deoxyadenosine) has anti-inflammatory properties (1,5) and effects that reduce the concentration of total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein and triglycerides in the blood (7).
Finally, it has been demonstrated that the medicinal properties of mycelia cultivated from Cordyceps are as effective as those from specimens of Cordyceps found in the wild (8). The effectiveness of fermented mycelium extract is supported by numerous studies that have identified, among other effects, an improvement in respiratory function compared to the placebo, in cardiovascular and kidney function (2), a significant increase in testosterone and estradiol levels in men and women with low libido, and a hypolipidemic effect that reduces total cholesterol level (8).
- Illana-Esteban C (2007) Cordyceps sinensis, un hongo usado en la medicina tradicional China. Revista Iberoamericana de Micología 24: 259-262.
- Zhu JS, Halpern GM, Jones K (1998) The scientific rediscovery of an ancient chinese herbal medicine: Cordyceps sinensis Part I. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 4(3): 289-303.
- Shashidhar MG, Giridhar P, UdayaSankarb K, Manohar B (2013) Bioactive principles from Cordyceps sinensis: A potent food supplement – A review. Journal of Functional Foods 5: 1013-1030.
- Koh JH, Kim KM, Kim JM,Song JC, Suh HJ (2003) Antifatigue and antistress effect of the hot-water fraction from mycelia of Cordyceps sinensis. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 26: 691-694.
- Li SP, Yang FQ, Tsim KWK (2006) Quality control of Cordyceps sinensis, a valued traditional Chinese medicine. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 41: 1571-1584.
- Chen PX, Wang S, Nie S, Marcone M (2013) Properties of Cordyceps Sinensis: A review. Journal of Functional Foods 5: 550-569.
- Guo P, Kai Q, Gao J, Lian ZQ, Wu CM, Wu CA, Zhu HB (2010) Cordycepin prevents hyperlipidemia in hamsters fed a high-fat diet via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 113: 395-403.
- Hypocholesterolemic Effect of Hot-Water Extract from Mycelia of Cordyceps sinensis. Koh et al. (2003) Biol Pharm Bull 26(1) 84-87.
Ingredients: CordycepsPrime™ Consulting batch information
In 3 capsules: 1500 mg dry extract of cordyceps mycelium (CordycepsPrimeTM ) (Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc.) standardised to contain 8% cordycepic acid (D-mannitol) (i.e. 120 mg) and standardised to contain 0.28% adenosine (i.e. 4.2 mg).
Potato starch, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: CordycepsPrime™ Consulting batch information
3 capsules per day divided into three doses with half a glass of water, at mealtimes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: CordycepsPrime™ Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.