Lemon balm + Valerian
A natural solution to combat sleep disorders and insomnia
Buy Lemon balm + Valerian
Expiration date (End Of): 03/2024 | Ref. SC35
21,60 € (27,00 €) Save 5,40 € until 26/09/2022
Ingredients: Lemon balm + Valerian
†N/A: Not applicable
Potato starch. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Lemon balm + Valerian
Rediscover your daily vitality and restorative sleep with our perfect synergy of plants.
Used in ancient Greece in case of insomnia, valerian helps to reduce fatigue and lethargy during the day. It is known to act on certain chemical messages from the brain and help reduce stress and anxiety.
Lemon balm, known for its soothing properties, has a calming effect and improves the quality of sleep. It is also useful in cases of anxiety and agitation.
When combined, these plants work together to reduce sleep onset latency, minimise the risk of night-time waking and mitigate the harmful effects of stress.
Lemon balm + Valerian: Detailed information
Today’s society is immersed in an environment of constant change and pressure. This situation creates stress, uncertainty, insomnia an anxiety in individuals, and can alter our state of health.
Valerian and lemon balm have sedative and soothing properties, alleviating the effects of stress on the body. Their benefits are even more effective when taken together.
COMMON NAME: Valerian
Product: Valerian 0.8% valerenic acid
Part used: Root
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Valeriana officinalis L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 0.8% valerenic acid
- Relieves sleep disorders and stress, thanks to valerenic acid’s inhibition of the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), which acts on the central nervous system1.
- Reduces anxiety, offering a natural alternative to anxiolytic2.
- When combined with lemon balm, improves sleep onset latency, as well as the duration, concentration and quality of sleep3.
- Neuroprotective properties, thanks to its action against numerous neurotoxic agents3.
Valerian has been used in case of insomnia since the ancient Greek era, and its plant, which can grow as high as two metres, is found in humid forests and alongside streams.
Our extract comes from valerian root and is standardised to contain 0.8% valerenic acid, which is the bioactive substance with soothing and sedative properties that improve sleep quality and reduce anxiety, thanks to its action on the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA).
COMMON NAME: Lemon balm
Product: lemon balm 12% rosmarinic acid
Part used: Leaves
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Melissa officinalis L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 12% rosmarinic acid
- Antioxidant capacity superior to that of gallic or caffeic acid4.
- Rosmarinic acid exhibits anxiolytic activity, inhibiting γ-Aminobutyric acid transaminase (GABA-T) and increasing levels of GABA in the brain5.
- When combined with valerian, reduces restlessness and dyssomnia in children6.
- Its sedative and analgesic properties have been demonstrated in studies to improve sleep quality7.
Lemon balm is native to central and southern Europe and grows in shady, humid spots in forests. Its dark green leaves are 3 to 8 centimetres long and give off a strong citrus smell.
Our lemon balm extract is standardised to contain 12% rosmarinic acid, a molecule with capacity to inhibit the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid and with sedative, anxiolytic and antioxidant properties. This molecule reaches the brain through the blood bound to serum albumin and to lysozyme, where it acts to decrease acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity.
- Valeriana officinalis: traditional used and recent evaluation of activity. Morazzoni P., Bombardelli E. Fitoterapia. 1995. 66. 99-112.
- Valeriana officinalis root extracts have potent anxiolytic effects in laboratory rats. K. Murphy, Z.J. Kubin J.N. Shepherd. R.H. Ettinger. Phytomedicine 2010. 17(8-9). 674-8.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 4222).
- Chemical composition and in vitro antioxidative activity of a lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) extract. Keyvan D et al. Food and Science Technology. 2008. 41(3). 391-400.
- Effects of chronic administration of Melissa officinalis L. extract on anxiety-like reactivity and on circadian and exploratory activities in mice. Alvin Ibarra, Nicolas Feuillere, Marc Roller. Edith Lesburgere, Daniel Beracochea. Phytomedicine 2010. 17(6). 397-403.
- A combination of valerian and lemon balm is effective in the treatment of restlessness and dyssomnia in children. S.F. Müller S. Klement. Phytomedicine 2006. 13 (6). 383-7.
- Neurotropic action of the hydroalcoholic extract of Melissa officinalis in the mouse. Rachid Soulimani , Jacques Fleurentin , François Mortier , René Misslin , Guy Derrieu , Jean-Marie Pelt. Planta Med 1991. 57(2). 105-9.
Use: Lemon balm + Valerian
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water, two hours before going to bed.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Lemon balm + Valerian
PRODUCT NAMELemon balm + Valerian
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Certificate issue date: 2022/03/24
Questions: Lemon balm + Valerian
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.