Lemon balm + Valerian
A natural solution to combat sleep disorders and insomnia
Emotional balance, Sleep.
Buy Lemon balm + Valerian
400 mg / 60 capsules
Ref. SC35 | In Stock
Made in France
Description: Lemon balm + Valerian
The Commission E and the World Health Organizationrecognise the use of valerian to treat nervous agitation and anxiety, as well as their associated sleep disorders.
Rediscover your daily vitality and restorative sleep with our perfect synergy of plants.
Used by doctors in ancient Greece in case of insomnia, valerian helps to reduce fatigue and lethargy during the day. It is known to act on certain chemical messages from the brain and help reduce stress and anxiety.
Lemon balm, known for its soothing properties, has a calming effect and improves the quality of sleep. It is also useful in cases of anxiety and agitation.
When combined, these plants work together to reduce sleep onset latency, minimise the risk of night-time waking and mitigate the harmful effects of stress.
Lemon balm + Valerian: Detailed information
Today’s society is immersed in an environment of constant change and pressure. This situation creates stress, uncertainty, insomnia an anxiety in individuals, and can alter our state of health.
Valerian and lemon balm have sedative and soothing properties, alleviating the effects of stress on the body. Their benefits are even more effective when taken together.
COMMON NAME: Valerian
Product: Valerian 0.8% valerenic acid
Part used: Root
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Valeriana officinalis L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 0.8% valerenic acid
- Relieves sleep disorders and stress, thanks to valerenic acid’s inhibition of the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), which acts on the central nervous system1.
- Reduces anxiety, offering a natural alternative to anxiolytic drugs2.
- When combined with lemon balm, improves sleep onset latency, as well as the duration, concentration and quality of sleep3.
- Neuroprotective properties, thanks to its action against numerous neurotoxic agents, this application has been tested in case of illnesses such as Parkinson’s4.
Valerian has been used in case of insomnia since the ancient Greek era, and its plant, which can grow as high as two metres, is found in humid forests and alongside streams.
Our extract comes from valerian root and is standardised to contain 0.8% valerenic acid, which is the bioactive substance with soothing and sedative properties that improve sleep quality and reduce anxiety, thanks to its action on the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA).
COMMON NAME: Lemon balm
Product: lemon balm 10% rosmarinic acid
Part used: Leaves
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Melissa officinalis L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 10% rosmarinic acid
- Antioxidant capacity superior to that of gallic or caffeic acid5.
- Rosmarinic acid exhibits anxiolytic activity, inhibiting γ-Aminobutyric acid transaminase (GABA-T) and increasing levels of GABA in the brain6.
- When combined with valerian, reduces restlessness and dyssomnia in children7.
- Its sedative and analgesic properties have been demonstrated in studies to improve sleep quality8.
Lemon balm is native to central and southern Europe and grows in shady, humid spots in forests. Its dark green leaves are 3 to 8 centimetres long and give off a strong citrus smell.
Our lemon balm extract is standardised to contain 10% rosmarinic acid, a molecule with capacity to inhibit the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid and with sedative, anxiolytic and antioxidant properties. This molecule reaches the brain through the blood bound to serum albumin and to lysozyme, where it acts to decrease acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity.
- Valeriana officinalis: traditional used and recent evaluation of activity. MORAZZONI P. , BOMBARDELLI E.. INDENA S.p.A., sci. dep., 20141 Milan, Italy.
- Valeriana officinalis root extracts have potent anxiolytic effects in laboratory rats. K. Murphya, Z.J. Kubinb, J.N. Shepherdb, R.H. Ettinger. Journal of Phytomedicine.
- Lai CF, Chang CC, Fu CH, et al. Pharmacotherapy.
- Kiessewetter H, Jung F, Jung EM, et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol.
- Chemical composition and in vitro antioxidative activity of a lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) extract. Keyvan Dastmalchia, H.J. Damien Dormana, Päivi P. Oinonena, b, c,Yusrida Darwisd, Into Laaksoa, Raimo Hiltunena. Journal Food Science and Technology.
- Effects of chronic administration of Melissa officinalis L. extract on anxiety-like reactivity and on circadian and exploratory activities in mice. Alvin Ibarraa, Nicolas Feuillereb, Marc Rollerb, Edith Lesburgerec, Daniel Beracocheac, . J. Phytomedicine.
- A combination of valerian and lemon balm is effective in the treatment of restlessness and dyssomnia in children. S.F. Müllera, S. Klementb . J. Phytomedicine.
- Neurotropic Action of the Hydroalcoholic Extracto of Melissa officinalis in the Mouse. Rachid Soulimani , Jacques Fleurentin , François Mortier , René Misslin , Guy Derrieu , Jean-Marie Pelt. Planta Med
Ingredients: Lemon balm + Valerian Consulting batch information
2 capsules contain: 400 mg dry extract of lemon balm leaves (Melissa officinalis L.) standarised to contain 10% rosmarinic acid (i.e. 40 mg), 400 mg dry extract of valerian root (Valeriana officinalis L.) standarised to contain 0.8% valerenic acid (i.e. to 3.2 mg).
Potato starch, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Lemon balm + Valerian Consulting batch information
2 capsules a day, with half a glass of water, two hours before going to bed.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women and children under the age of 12. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist’s advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Lemon balm + Valerian Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.