Lemon balm + Valerian
A natural solution to combat sleep disorders and insomnia
Expiration date (End Of): 10/2022 |
Lot: D14253 | Ref. SC35
3 + 1 free
Description: Lemon balm + Valerian
Rediscover your daily vitality and restorative sleep with our perfect synergy of plants.
Used by doctors in ancient Greece in case of insomnia, valerian helps to reduce fatigue and lethargy during the day. It is known to act on certain chemical messages from the brain and help reduce stress and anxiety.
Lemon balm, known for its soothing properties, has a calming effect and improves the quality of sleep. It is also useful in cases of anxiety and agitation.
When combined, these plants work together to reduce sleep onset latency, minimise the risk of night-time waking and mitigate the harmful effects of stress.
Lemon balm + Valerian: Detailed information
Today’s society is immersed in an environment of constant change and pressure. This situation creates stress, uncertainty, insomnia an anxiety in individuals, and can alter our state of health.
Valerian and lemon balm have sedative and soothing properties, alleviating the effects of stress on the body. Their benefits are even more effective when taken together.
COMMON NAME: Valerian
Product: Valerian 0.8% valerenic acid
Part used: Root
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Valeriana officinalis L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 0.8% valerenic acid
- Relieves sleep disorders and stress, thanks to valerenic acid’s inhibition of the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), which acts on the central nervous system1.
- Reduces anxiety, offering a natural alternative to anxiolytic drugs2.
- When combined with lemon balm, improves sleep onset latency, as well as the duration, concentration and quality of sleep3.
- Neuroprotective properties, thanks to its action against numerous neurotoxic agents4.
Valerian has been used in case of insomnia since the ancient Greek era, and its plant, which can grow as high as two metres, is found in humid forests and alongside streams.
Our extract comes from valerian root and is standardised to contain 0.8% valerenic acid, which is the bioactive substance with soothing and sedative properties that improve sleep quality and reduce anxiety, thanks to its action on the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA).
COMMON NAME: Lemon balm
Product: lemon balm 10% rosmarinic acid
Part used: Leaves
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Melissa officinalis L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 10% rosmarinic acid
- Antioxidant capacity superior to that of gallic or caffeic acid5.
- Rosmarinic acid exhibits anxiolytic activity, inhibiting γ-Aminobutyric acid transaminase (GABA-T) and increasing levels of GABA in the brain6.
- When combined with valerian, reduces restlessness and dyssomnia in children7.
- Its sedative and analgesic properties have been demonstrated in studies to improve sleep quality8.
Lemon balm is native to central and southern Europe and grows in shady, humid spots in forests. Its dark green leaves are 3 to 8 centimetres long and give off a strong citrus smell.
Our lemon balm extract is standardised to contain 10% rosmarinic acid, a molecule with capacity to inhibit the neurotransmitter γ-Aminobutyric acid and with sedative, anxiolytic and antioxidant properties. This molecule reaches the brain through the blood bound to serum albumin and to lysozyme, where it acts to decrease acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity.
- Valeriana officinalis: traditional used and recent evaluation of activity. MORAZZONI P. , BOMBARDELLI E.. INDENA S.p.A., sci. dep., 20141 Milan, Italy.
- Valeriana officinalis root extracts have potent anxiolytic effects in laboratory rats. K. Murphya, Z.J. Kubinb, J.N. Shepherdb, R.H. Ettinger. Journal of Phytomedicine.
- Lai CF, Chang CC, Fu CH, et al. Pharmacotherapy.
- Kiessewetter H, Jung F, Jung EM, et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol.
- Chemical composition and in vitro antioxidative activity of a lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) extract. Keyvan Dastmalchia, H.J. Damien Dormana, Päivi P. Oinonena, b, c,Yusrida Darwisd, Into Laaksoa, Raimo Hiltunena. Journal Food Science and Technology.
- Effects of chronic administration of Melissa officinalis L. extract on anxiety-like reactivity and on circadian and exploratory activities in mice. Alvin Ibarraa, Nicolas Feuillereb, Marc Rollerb, Edith Lesburgerec, Daniel Beracocheac, . J. Phytomedicine.
- A combination of valerian and lemon balm is effective in the treatment of restlessness and dyssomnia in children. S.F. Müllera, S. Klementb . J. Phytomedicine.
- Neurotropic Action of the Hydroalcoholic Extracto of Melissa officinalis in the Mouse. Rachid Soulimani , Jacques Fleurentin , François Mortier , René Misslin , Guy Derrieu , Jean-Marie Pelt. Planta Med
Ingredients: Lemon balm + Valerian Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Potato starch. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Lemon balm + Valerian Consulting batch information
2 capsules a day, with half a glass of water, two hours before going to bed.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Lemon balm + Valerian Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMELemon balm + Valerian
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
The labelling of our products complies with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 and its subsequent amendments, with the aim of ensuring a high level of consumer protection in relation to food information.
Our packaging complies with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 and its subsequent amendments on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, aiming to secure a high level of protection of human health and the interests of consumers.
Anastore is registered on the Food Safety Register of Food Business Operators, whose purpose is to protect public health and consumer interests, where the definitions provided for in Articles 2 and 3 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and their subsequent amendments, are applicable.
These Regulations lay down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety, in addition to laying down general rules in relation to the hygiene of foodstuffs.
Finally, Anastore notifies the placing on the market of its food supplements in accordance with the specific regulations of each country.
Registration QR Code
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/11/06