Change of formate
The most effective natural compounds for combating joint pain
Harpagophytum, Turmeric, Uncaria Tomentosa
Buy Joint pain
Expiration date (End Of): 08/2025 | Ref. SC65
32,00 € (32,00 €)
Ingredients: Joint pain
†N/A: Not applicable
Potato starch. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Joint pain
A blend of 3 natural components renowned for their effectiveness in joint pain.
- Dry extract of Harpagophytum (Devil’s Claw) root, with standardised Harpagoside content:
Our patented Devil's claw extract with standardised harpagoside content inhibits COX-2, the enzyme involved in the inflammation process and reduces pains and stiffness. Clinical studies indicate that it is particularly effective in relieving back pain.
- Dry extract of Turmeric rhizome with standardised curcuminoid content:
The antioxidant properties of curcumin, present in the dry extract of turmeric rhizome, boost the effect of the harpagophytum. It protects our bodies against inflammation and regulates the action of the enzymes responsible for avoid cartilage deterioration.
Dry extract of Uncaria Tomentosa (Cat’s claw) bark with standardised Alkaloid content:
- The primary action of the alkaloids present in this bark is stimulating the immune system. This action allows the body to fight against autoimmune problems that attack healthy tissue in cartilage by mistake, bone fractures, viral and bacterial infections and the effects of ageing, 4 key factors in arthritis.
Joint pain: Detailed information
Conditions such as arthritis and back and joint pain due to inflammation or cartilage deterioration are becoming more and more common. If our bones are fragile, we run the risk of fractures, sprains and musculoskeletal problems.
Maintaining a balanced diet and physical exercise are essential to avoid this type of condition. This helps to avoid weakening the immune system, which can cause the tissue damage that allows these illnesses to develop.
Pharmacological treatment of joint problems focuses on three lines of therapy. The first is treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), which reduce inflammation; the second with immunosuppressants to avoid outbreaks or relapses; and the third with selective inhibitors of tumor necrosis factors (TNF), which bring about a reduction in inflammation and pain.
Extracts of harpagophytum, turmeric and cat’s claw have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, promote cartilage regeneration and reduce pain. They offer a natural, yet effective alternative to alleviating common joint problems.
COMMON NAME: Devil’s claw
Part used: Root
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Harpagophytum procumbens (Burch) DC.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 2.7% Harpagosides
- Harpagosides have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, due to their inhibitory action on the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) enzymes1.
- Promotes cartilage regeneration, increasing the elasticity and number of collagen fibres2.
- Acts as an antibacterial agent against aerobic, anaerobic bacteria and yeasts3.
- Several double blind studies on humans, where a placebo group is tested against a control group, indicate a significant reduction in back pain4.
Harpagophytum procumbens is a plant native to southern Africa, traditionally used by the indigenous people of the Kalahari Desert for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It can also be used in case of joint pain.
In our devil's claw extract, standardised to contain 2.7% harpagosides, only the secondary roots of the harpagophytum, which contain a higher concentration of harpagosides than the primary roots, are used. The harpagophytum extract acts as an anti-inflammatory, reducing pain. In studies conducted on this extract it has been shown to inhibit COX-2 and regenerate the extracellular matrix through the formation of glycosaminoglycans, and to stimulate the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, which acts as a lubricant in the joints during slow movements and absorbs elastic shock during rapid movements.
COMMON NAME: Turmeric
Part used: Rhizome
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Curcuma longa L.
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 95% Curcuminoids
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory effects, through the modulation of eicosanoid metabolism. It also has immunomodulatory capacity, primarily by altering the profile of the Thl cytokines of the helper or auxiliary T-cells5.
- Curcuminoids are known for their antioxidant action, avoiding the formation of free radicals that cause cell degeneration.
- Triggers the release of mediators of inflammation that activate cartilage repair (cytokines such as TNFα, IL-1, IL-6), through the chondrocytes that stop the reaction cascades that fuel the degeneration of the cartilage matrix6-8.
Turmeric is a spice native to Southeast Asia that has a distinctive aroma and intense orange-yellow colour. It is a plant widely studied for its curcuminoids, which are credited with numerous properties.
Our turmeric extract is standardised to contain 95% curcuminoids, which are the molecules responsible for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, cartilage repair and immunomodulatory properties.
COMMON NAME: Cat’s claw
Part used: Bark
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Uncaria tomentosa (Wild) D.C
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: 3% Alkaloids
- The alkaloids in our cat’s claw extract reduce pain in case of rheumatoid arthritis9.
- Stimulates the immune system – alkaloids promote phagocytosis (ability of white blood cells to attack and destroy foreign cells)10.
- The anti-inflammatory action stems from its cytokine-inhibiting ability, and from TNF alpha, crucial mediators in immune response11.
- In vitro studies have observed antimicrobial activity against Enterobacteriaceae, S. mutans and Staphylococcus spp12.
Cat’s claw is a plant native to Peru, whose alkaloid-rich bark has been used for over two thousand years as an immunostimulant and anti-inflammatory tonic.
Our cat’s claw bark extract is standardised to contain 3% alkaloids, molecules that have been studied for their immunostimulatory and antiviral action, and their ability to reduce joint pain.
- Harpagophytum procumbens Suppresses Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated Expressions of Cyclooxygenase-2 and Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase in Fibroblast Cell Line L929. Mi-Hyeon Jang, Sabina Lim, Seung-Moo Han et al. J. of Pharmacological Sciences. 2003. 93(3): 367-71.
- Principes and practice of phytoteraphy. Tam LS, Chan TYK, Leung WK, et al. Aust NZ. J Med. 2013.
- Principes and practice of phytoteraphy. Devi PU. Indian J Exp Biol. 2013.
- Principes and practice of phytoteraphy. Singh N, Singh SP, Nath R, et al. Inst J Crude Drug Res. 2013.
- Pharmacological and nutritional effects of Curcuma longa L. extracts and curcuminoids. Mesa, M.D. Ars Pharm. 2001. 41 (3): 307-321.
- Modulation of inflammatory mediators by Ibuprofen and Curcumin treatment during chronic inflammation in rat. Banerjee, et al. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2003, 25(2): 213-224.
- Differential regulation of cytokines and transcription factors in liver by curcumin following hemorrhage/resuscitation. Gaddipati, et al. Shock. 2003. 19 (2): 150-156.
- The dietary pigment curcumin reduces endothelial tissue factor gene expression by inhibiting binding of AP-1 to the DNA and activation of NF-kappa B. Bierhous, et al.Thromb Haematost. 1997, 77(4): 772-782.
- Randomized doublé bilind trial of an extract from the pentacyclic alcaloid-chemotype of Uncaria tomentosa for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Erich Mur, et al. J of Rheumatology. 2002. 29(4): 678-81.
- Enhanced DNA repair, immune function and reduced toxicity of C-MED-100, a novel asqueous extract from Uncaria tomentosa. Yezhou Sheng, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2000. 69(2): 115-26.
- Tretament of THP-1 cells with Uncaria tomentosa extracts differentially regulates the expression if IL-1β and TNF-alpha. Lisa Allen-Hall, et al. J of Ethnopharmacol. 2007. 109 (2): 312-7
- Antimicrobial activity of Uncaria tomentosa against oral human pathogens. Renzo Alberto Ccahuana-Vasquez, et al. Braz Oral Res. 2007.21(1): 46-50.
Use: Joint pain
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Do not use in case of suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers or gallstones. Not recommended in case ulcers (stomach or duodenal) of kidney stones. Consult your doctor or pharmacist in case of simultaneous use of anticoagulants. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Joint pain
PRODUCT NAMEJoint pain
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
The notification of placing on the market of this product has been made under notification number PL 2081/36.
Certificate issue date: 2023/09/11
Questions: Joint pain
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.