- Powder plants
Glass jar, stopper, steel mesh and ceramic base
Lightweight and attractive
Expiration date (End Of): 12/2022 |
Lot: F193837 | Ref. SG10
Anastore offers you the perfect practical accessory for germinating Powder seeds: the GEO Germinator!
Lightweight and attractive, with this practically-sized accessory (14.50 x 14.50 x 15.50 cm) you can produce extremely tasty and nutritious sprouts in just a few days. It consists of a glass jar, stopper, steel mesh and ceramic base.
According to some scientific studies, germinated seeds are a natural source of micronutrients, such as essential amino acids, B vitamins and folic acid, and minerals such as iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium (1).
The germination process reduces the quantity of phytates, natural compounds that prevent the absorption of minerals by the body. The germinated seeds are therefore more nutritious and are highly beneficial, particularly for vegetarians and vegans.
Because of their starch content, germinated seeds are better for digestion (be careful, if a cereal grain contains gluten, its sprout will also contain it) (2).
Using our germinator
- Choose a flat surface at room temperature (18-25ºC) for germination (never leave near a heat source).
- Place the seeds in the jar with plenty of water (¾ of the container's capacity), close the lid and allow to soak for 8-12 hours.
- After this time, rinse the seeds, turning several times so that the water does not stagnate inside.
- Place the glass jar back on its stand on the ceramic base, so that any excess liquid can flow out.
- Over the next two days, fill the container with water and empty it after 1-2 minutes, which will allow the seeds to moisten for rapid germination. Repeat twice a day.
- When the sprouts have grown, they can be removed from the container to be eaten straight away, or stored in the refrigerator (4-5 days maximum). Not suitable for freezing.
- Braunstein M. (2012), Germinados, Guía para cultivarlos en casa, Ediciones del Serbal.