Organic matcha green tea
Intense, well-balanced flavour
POWDER Nothing But Plants®
Buy Organic matcha green tea
Expiration date (End Of): 04/2025 | Ref. TH25
16,00 € (16,00 €)
Ingredients: Organic matcha green tea
Organic Matcha green tea powder (Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic matcha green tea
Discover the exceptional properties of TEA with the new powder range from our new brand POWDER Nothing But Plants® range!
This product range offers an innovative concept: an alternative way of consuming dietary supplements and healthier foods – in milkshakes, salads or mixed with your favourite foods.
Matcha tea is a green tea (Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze) in powder form that is obtained after grinding the tea leaves as carefully as possible to avoid altering their properties and their intense, well-balanced flavour.
Green tea is a source of antioxidants and has many beneficial properties: it helps to improve concentration, promotes weight loss if combined with a healthy diet, and promotes good digestive function.
Our organic Matcha green tea comes from Japan and has been selected for its extraordinary quality and unique flavour. Discover and perform the Matcha tea preparation ritual, or include it as an ingredient in your drinks and cakes!
Green tea contains the young, unfermented leaves of Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze. After harvesting, the leaves are stabilised through vapour pressure and then dried (1).
Matcha tea is a special type of green tea in powder form that is used in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony (2). To prepare it, the tea plants are placed in the shade 4 weeks before their leaves are harvested, which helps to increase the concentration of tea polyphenols. Finally, the leaves are ground in stone or granite mills as slowly and as carefully as possible.
Matcha tea arrived in Japan from China in the 12th Century thanks to the Buddhist monk Eisai, and its consumption was confined to monasteries. In feudal Japan, Matcha was reserved for members of the upper social classes. Later, when industrialised Japan became involved in world wars, Matcha tea became a symbol designed to unite the Japanese people (3). Matcha green tea is now very popular all over the world and can be found as an ingredient in biscuits, chocolates, ice cream, waffles and many other products.
COMPOSITION AND BENEFITS
Green tea leaves contain caffeine, theobromine, saponins and polyphenols: catechins, theaflavins, flavonoids, anthocyanidins and caffeylquinic acids (4). It has been suggested that Matcha green tea may have more health benefits than standard green tea, and consuming it also provides a greater quantity of phytochemical compounds (2, 5). A study analysing the catechin content of different samples of green tea found a higher concentration of epigallocatechin gallate (the most abundant and pharmacologically active catechin in green tea) in Matcha tea (2).
Green tea has many properties: it helps to maintain good digestive function (6), is a source of antioxidants that help to strengthen the body’s natural defences against the harmful effects of free radicals (6), improves concentration (7), aids weight loss and helps to maintain ideal weight, if combined with a healthy diet (8).
Finally, a study evaluating the effect of consuming Matcha green tea in 13 women before physical exercise concluded that this beverage can promote the oxidation of fats associated with physical activity (9). This characteristic may contribute to the slimming properties of green tea.
How to prepare a cup of Organic matcha green tea (200 ml) : pour water at 80ºC over 2 g of tea and stir. It can also be used in pastries and mixed with juices, smoothies, vegetable drinks or milk.
- Determination of catechins in matcha green tea by micellar electrokinetic chromatography. Weiss and Anderton. J Chromatography A. 2003. 1011 (1-2): 173-180.
- Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. Vanaclocha B, Cañigueral S (Eds). 4ª Edición. Barcelona: Elsevier Masson, 2003.
- Dietz and Dekker (2017) Effect of Green Tea Phytochemicals on Mood and Cognition. Curr Pharm Des 23(19):2876-2905.
- Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze (tea), including catechins in green tea and tannins in black tea, and protection of DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage... EFSA Journal 2010. 8(2): 1463.
- Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to L-theanine from Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze (tea) and improvement of cognitive function... EFSA Journal 2011;9(6):2238.
- Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze (tea), including catechins from green tea, and contribution to the maintenance or achievement of a normal body weight... EFSA Journal 2010;8(10):1791.
- Matcha green tea drinks enhance fat oxidation during brisk walking in females. Willems et al. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2018. 18:1-21.
Use: Organic matcha green tea
For one cup (200 ml): pour water at 80 ºC over 2 g of tea and stir. It can also be used in pastries and mixed with juices, smoothies, vegetable drinks or milk.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic matcha green tea
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic matcha green tea
BOTANICAL NAMECamellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food is manufactured following GMP standards. GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European food industry.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/05/04
Questions: Organic matcha green tea
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.