Fructooligosaccharides, artichoke, green tea, green coffee (Svetol®), milk thistle
Drink with plant extracts for a satiating, slimming and cleansing effect
Digestion (gastrointestinal , liver), Weight (appetite suppressants, fat burner, slimness).
Buy BITTER PLANTS
300 ml / 20 Powerful Shot drink
Ref. US30 | In Stock
Made in France
Health claims accepted by the following organisations:
The Commission E recognises the use of artichoke leaf to treat dyspepsia, a complex set of digestive symptoms more or less directly linked to non-functional disorders (i.e. not due to an organic lesion) of the hepatobiliary system.
In 1989, Commission E approved the use of silymarin extract standardised to 70-80% to treat liver poisoning, and as an adjuvant treatment for hepatitis and liver cirrhosis. In 2002, the World Health Organization recognised essentially the same usages.
BITTER PLANTS: Description
Our .357Phyto® energy drinks offer the quickest and most convenient way to consume higher quality plant extracts, through single dose shots of extracts with standardised high quality active principle content proven to be effective.
We have incorporated BITTER PLANTS shots into the .357Phyto® range, offering a combination of fructooligosaccharides and plant extracts of optimum quality and effectiveness for losing weight and cleansing the body.
One BITTER PLANTS shot contains: fructooligosaccharides (Actilight®), dry extract of artichoke leaf standardised to contain 5% cynarine, dry extract of green tea leaves standardised to contain 50% polyphenols, 20% catechins and 7% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), dry extract of green coffee beans (Svetol®) standardised to contain 50% polyphenols, and dry extract of milk thistle seed standardised to contain 80% silymarin.
Fructooligosaccharides are a fibre that aids weight loss by increasing feelings of fullness, reducing food intake.
Green tea and extract of Svetol® green coffee help to burn fat, thanks to their thermogenic and glucose absorption-reducing effect, enhancing the slimming properties of BITTER PLANTS.
Artichoke and milk thistle are plants with hepatoprotective, cleansing and digestive properties. Their respective cynarine and silymarin content guarantees optimum effectiveness.
BITTER PLANTS: Detailed information
Our BITTER PLANTS shot combines the action of fructooligosaccharides (Actilight®) with that of standardised plant extracts that help to cleanse the body and promote weight loss.
Fructooligosaccharides are molecules formed of linear chains of fructose and glucose units. They are a soluble plant fibre that improves intestinal transit and increases feelings of fullness. They can also have a beneficial effect on regulating cholesterol levels (1).
The medicinal properties of artichoke have been renowned since ancient times. It is used as a coadjutant in treatments to reduce body weight and improves hepatobiliary function and digestion (2). Dry extract of artichoke leaves has standardised cynarine content. Cynarine is a phenolic acid with antioxidant and cytoprotective properties against toxic agents (3). One study also indicates that consumption of artichoke leaf extract in patients with impaired fasting glycaemia improved their glucose levels (4), and it has been reported that it has a satiating effect (2).
Green tea is known for its antioxidant and thermogenic properties, which promote weight loss. Its thermogenic properties are attributed to combining caffeine with catechins, which may have a greater effect on energy expenditure than an equivalent quantity of caffeine (5). Its phenolic components such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) have been shown to reduce the plasma levels of triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose and other parameters that contribute to weight reduction (2). The slimming effect is enhanced by its combination with Svetol®, a natural decaffeinated green coffee bean extract whose efficacy has been clinically proven. It is rich in chlorogenic acids, molecules involved in regulating the metabolism of lipids and glucose.
Finally, milk thistle completes thecleansing effect of BITTER PLANTS. Milk thistle contains silymarin, a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties (6) that is currently used to treat liver diseases.
Ingredient name: Fructooligosaccharides (Actilight®)
- Improves mineral absorption, reduces cholesterol levels and has a pre-biotic effect (7).
- Intestinal anti-inflammatory activity (8).
Extract name: Dry extract of artichoke standardised to contain 5% cynarine
Scientific name: Cynara scolymus L.
Part used: Leaves
- Hepatoprotective activity and hepatic regenerator (3).
- Promotes diuresis.
- Inhibits LDL oxidation and has a hypocholestereming and hypotriglycereming effect (9).
Extract name: Dry extract of green tea containing 50% polyphenols, 20% catechins and 7% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
Scientific name: Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze
Part used: Leaves
- Thermogenic effect and promotes fat oxidation (10).
- Weight reduction, due to its phenolic compounds that decrease the proliferation and differentiation of adipocytes and glucose, cholesterol and triglyceride levels (2).
Extract name: Dry extract of green coffee (Svetol®) standardised to contain 50% polyphenols
Scientific name: Coffea canephora Pierre ex A. Froehner
Part used: Beans
- Slimming properties related to its chlorogenic acid content (11).
- Clinical trials have shown that Svetol® has a slimming effect when compared with placebos, reducing BMI and increasing the proportion of lean mass to fat mass (12).
Extract name: Dry extract of milk thistle standardised to contain 80% silymarin
Scientific name: Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn
Part used: Seeds
- Antihepatotoxic, antioxidant and anti-cholesterol action (3, 9).
- Silymarin protects the kidneys, inhibiting inflammatory response (6).
1. Fructo-oligosaccharide effects on serum cholesterol levels. An overview. Teixeira et al. (2015) Acta Cirúrgica Brasileira - Vol. 30 (5).
2. Plantas medicinales para el tratamiento del sobrepeso [Medicinal plants for treating overweightness]. Navarro and Ortega. Centro de investigación sobre Fitoterapia.Ed. Complutense SA.
3. Manual de Fitoterapia [Herbal medicine manual]. Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís (2011).
4. Metabolic management in overweight subjects with naive impaired fasting glycaemia by means of a highly standardized extract from Cynara scolymus: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial. Rondanelli et al. (2014) Phytother Res 28(1): 33-41.
5. Efecto del consumo de té verde o extractos de té verde en el peso y en la composición corporal; revisión sistemática y metaanálisis [Effect of consuming green tea or extracts of green tea on body weight and composition; systematic review and meta analysis]. Baladia et al. (2014) Nutr Hosp 29(3): 479-490.
6. Protective role of silymarin in a mouse model of renal Ischemia–Reperfusion injury. Tan et al. (2015) Diagn Pathol 10: 198.
7. Dietary fructooligosaccharides and potential benefits on health. Sabater-Molina et al. (2009) J Physiol Biochem. 2009 65(3): 315-28.
8. Fructooligosaccharides exert intestinal anti-inflammatory activity in the CD4+ CD62L+ T cell transfer model of colitis in C57BL/6J mice. Capitán-Cañadas et al. (2015) Eur J Nutr.
9. Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. [Phytotherapy. Prescription handbook] Vanaclocha and Cañigueral (2003) Elsevier.
10. Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans. Dulloo et al. (1999) Am J Clin Nutr 70(6): 1040-5.
11. Lipolytic activity of Svetol®, a decaffeinated green coffee bean extract. Flanagan et al. (2014) Phytother Res 28(6):946-8.
12. Svetol®, green coffee extract. Naturex.
BITTER PLANTS: Composition
Per shot (15 ml): 3000 mg fructooligosaccharides (Actilight®), 400 mg dried artichoke leaves extract (Cynara scolymus L.) standardised to contain 5% cynarin (i.e. 20 mg), 400 mg dried green tea leaves extract (Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze) standardised to contain 50% polyphenols (i.e. 200 mg), 20% catechins (i.e. 80 mg) and 7% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) (i.e. 28 mg), 200 mg dried green coffee beans extract (Svetol®) (Coffea canephora Pierre ex A. Froehner) standardised to contain 50% polyphenols (i.e. 100 mg), 100 mg dried milk thistle seeds extract (Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn.) standardised to contain 80% silymarin (i.e. 80 mg), anise seeds essential oil (Pimpinella anisum L.), sweetener (E960): steviol glycosides.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This product was pasteurised at low temperature to preserve its nutritional properties.
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
BITTER PLANTS: Nutritional information
BITTER PLANTS: Use
Take 1 shot a day at mealtime. Shake before use.
Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women (32 mg caffeine / shot). Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.