2 g omega 3 vegetable origin per sachet
Heart-healthy, reduces triglyceride levels and helps to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels
Cardiovascular, Weight (food balance).
130 ml / 20 single dose sachets
Ref. VO30 | In Stock
Health claims accepted by the following organisations:
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
OMEGAFLOR is a combination of vegetable oils with high vegetable omega 3 content (alpha-linolenic acid).
This essential fatty acid is acquired through diet, because the body cannot synthesise it. It is known for its multiple benefits for the body: it is heart-healthy, reduces triglyceride levels and helps to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels.
Each sachet of OMEGAFLOR provides 2 g of vegetable omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and contains organic camelina seed oil (Camelina sativa L. Crantz), chia seed oil (Salvia hispanica L.), organic sea buckthorn seed oil (Hippophae rhamnoides L.), organic pumpkin seed oil (Cucurbita pepo L.) and organic extract of calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis L.).
Omegaflor: Detailed information
Polyunsaturated omega 3 fatty acids are known for their beneficial effects on the body.
Alpha-linolenic acid is an essential omega 3 fatty acid: it has to be acquired through diet, because the body cannot synthesise it. It is a fatty acid of plant origin that is converted through a series of enzymatic reactions into eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and into docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), larger polyunsaturated omega 3 fatty acids that are precursors for eicosanoids, molecules that mediate inflammatory and immune responses (1).
There is evidence of omega 3 fatty acids’ role in regulating blood lipid levels, by reducing triglyceride levels and increasing HDL cholesterol (“good” cholesterol). They also help to reduce the risk of heart attack and arrhythmia, as well as atherosclerosis (1).
In addition to their cardioprotective properties, omega 3 fatty acid nutritional supplements have positive effects on macular degeneration and dry-eye syndrome, and have neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties (2).
A single sachet dose of OMEGAFLOR provides 2 g of vegetable omega 3, through its vegetable oils rich in alpha-linolenic acid: camelina seed oil (Camelina sativa L. Crantz), chia seed oil (Salvia hispanica L.), sea buckthorn seed oil (Hippophae rhamnoides L.), pumpkin seed oil (Cucurbita pepo L.). Finally, OMEGAFLOR also contains added extract of calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis L.), standardised to contain 17% faradiol esters, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Ingredient name: Vegetable oil from camelina seeds standardised to contain 32% alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3).
Scientific name: Camelina sativa L. Crantz
Part used: Seeds
● Can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels (3).
● One study found link between an increase in alpha-linolenic in the blood and a reduction in cholesterol in a diet rich in camelina oil (4).
Ingredient name: Vegetable oil from chia seeds standardised to contain 60% alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3).
Scientific name: Salvia hispanica L.
Part used: Seeds
● An intake of chia can reduce triglyceride levels and increase HDL cholesterol (5).
● Helps to maintain a balanced lipid profile (6).
Ingredient name: Vegetable oil from sea buckthorn seeds standardised to contain 24% alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) and 1% sterols.
Scientific name: Hippophae rhamnoides L.
Part used: Seeds
● Antioxidants, cardioprotective and anti-atherogenic properties (7).
● Sea buckthorn seed oil inhibits platelet aggregation (8).
Ingredient name: Vegetable oil from pumpkin seeds.
Scientific name: Cucurbita pepo L.
Part used: Seeds
● Pumpkin seeds are rich in linoleic acid and oleic acid. They also contain tocopherols, carotenoids (beta-carotene and luteolin) and phytosterols (9).
● Anti-inflammatory activity (10).
Extract name: Calendula extract standardised to contain 17% faradiol esters.
Scientific name: Calendula officinalis L.
Part used: Flowers
● Calendula flowers have antiseptic, restorative and anti-inflammatory properties (11).
● Faradiol esters exhibit anti-oedematous activity (12).
1. Creatine, L-carnitine, and 𝜔3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation from healthy to diseased skeletal muscle. D’Antona et al. (2014) BioMed Res Int 2014: 613890.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids: An update emphasizing clinical use. Kiefer and Pantuso. (2012) Agro Food Ind Hi Tech 23(4): 10-13.
3. Physico-chemical properties, composition and oxidative stability of Camelina sativa Oil. Abramovic and Abram (2005) Food Technol Biotechnol 43: 63-70.
4. Effect of alpha-linolenic acid-rich Camelina sativa oil on serum fatty acid composition and serum lipids in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Karvonen et al. (2002) Metabolism 51(10): 1253-60.
5. Effect of dietary alpha-linolenic fatty acid derived from chia when fed as ground seed, whole seed and oil on lipid content and fatty acid composition of rat plasma. Ayerza and Coates (2007) Ann Nutr Metab 51(1): 27-34.
6. The promising future of chia, Salvia hispanica L. Ali et al. (2012) J Biomed Biotechnol 2012: 171956.
7. Medicinal and therapeutic potential of Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.). Suryakumar and Gupta (2011) J Ethnopharmacol 138: 268-278.
8. Sea buckthorn berry oil inhibits platelet aggregation. Johansson et al. (2000) J Nutr Biochem 11(10): 491-495.
9. Fitoterapia. Vademécum de prescripción. [Phytotherapy. Prescription handbook] Vanaclocha and Cañigueral (2003) Elsevier.
10. Fitoterapia. Bruneton. Ed. Acribia. 2004.
11. Evaluation of biologically active compounds from Calendula officinalis flowers using spectrophotometry. Butnariu and Coradini (2012) Chem Cent J 6: 35.
12. Anti-oedematous activities of the main triterpendiol esters of marigold (Calendula officinalis L.). Zitterl-Eglseer et al. (1997) J Ethnopharmacol 57(2): 139-144.
Ingredients per single dose sachet (6.5 ml):
4100 mg of camelina seed oil (Camelina sativa L. Crantz) standardised to contain 32% alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) (i.e. 1312 mg), 1000 mg chia seed oil (Salvia hispanica L.) standardised to contain 60% alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) (i.e. 600 mg), 500 mg sea buckthorn seed oil (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) standardised to contain 24% alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) (i.e. 120 mg) and 1% sterols (i.e. 5 mg), 500 mg pumpkin seed oil (Cucurbita pepo L.), 4 mg extract of calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis L.) standardised to contain 17% faradiol esters (i.e. 0.68 mg).
Antioxidant (E392): extract of rosemary.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
Omegaflor: Nutritional information
Take 1 single dose sachet per day. Consume raw.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not use in case of liver problems. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from light.