BCAA 4:1:1 powder
Obtained by natural fermentation
Boosts muscle endurance and recovery
Description: BCAA 4:1:1 powder
Branched amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine), also known as BCAAs (Branched-Chain Amino Acids), are essential amino acids that play a role in protein metabolism, stimulate muscle protein synthesis and accelerate the muscle recovery process.
Our BCAA powder comes with a 4:1:1 ratio, with leucine as the amino acid found in greatest proportion, since it is one of the main compounds that stimulates muscle anabolism and helps to avoid muscle damage.
With our new BCAA POWDER format, you can prepare your own shakes or simply mix it with water. Try our new BCAA 4:1:1 powders suitable for vegans and increase your muscle mass effectively!
BCAA 4:1:1 powder: Detailed information
Branched-chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine), or BCAAs, are essential amino acids that play an important role in the body: they are involved in protein metabolism, neuronal function, blood glucose regulation and insulin regulation, and muscle recovery; they relieve exercise-induced central fatigue and stimulate muscle protein synthesis (1-3).
Various studies have also shown an improvement in immune function thanks to BCAA supplementation (4), including during prolonged physical activity such as cycling (5).
How do BCAAs help with muscle recovery and fatigue?
One study tested the effectiveness of BCAA consumption before and after physical exercise to reduce muscle damage and accelerate the recovery process. This improvement is believed to be due to increased protein synthesis, since these amino acids have greater availability (2).
With regards to their action on fatigue, BCAAs compete with tryptophan for uptake by the brain. Tryptophan is an amino acid that stimulates the secretion of serotonin, a neurotransmittor involved in the onset of fatigue. It has been suggested that, because during physical exercise BCAA levels in the blood begin to decrease (facilitating the entry of tryptophan into the brain), BCAA supplementation could avoid the decrease of BCAA levels, and thus delay the onset of fatigue (6). In addition, one study has suggested that the combination of BCAA with arginine and citrulline may alleviate central fatigue induced by physical exercise, by increasing nitric oxide concentration and decreasing the ratio of plasma free tryptophan to BCAAs (3).
- Joy et al. (2013) The effects of 8 weeks of whey or rice protein supplementation on body composition and exercise performance. Nutrition J 12:86.
- Howatson et al. (2012) Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 9:20.
- Chen et al. (2016) Branched-chain amino acids, arginine, citrulline alleviate central fatigue after 3 simulated matches in taekwondo athletes: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 13: 28.
- Zhang et al. (2017) Novel metabolic and physiological functions of branched chain amino acids: a review. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 8:10.
- Kephart et al. (2016) Ten weeks of branched-chain amino acid supplementation improves select performance and immunological variables in trained cyclists. Amino Acids 48(3):779-89.
- Rodríguez Rivera VM, Urdampilleta Otegui A (coordinadores) Nutrición y dietética para la actividad física y el deporte. La Coruña: Netbiblo, 2013.
Ingredients: BCAA 4:1:1 powder Consulting batch information
Per daily dose: 10 g of branched-chain amino acids powder (BCAA 4:1:1) (L-leucine (6.66 g), L-isoleucine (1.67 g) and L-valine (1.67 g)).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: BCAA 4:1:1 powder Consulting batch information
Mix 5 g of powder (1 measuring spoon) with 250 ml of water, juice, smoothies or milk, and consume twice a day, 45 minutes before and after excercise. Use a shaker to prepare, then leave to stand for a few minutes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from light.
Quality: BCAA 4:1:1 powder Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.