Suitable for Vegans
L-citrulline helps you to improve your sport performance !
Cardiovascular (bloodstream), Sport performances (muscle aches).
Buy L-citrulline powder
83 servings / L-citrulline powder 250 g
Ref. XC02 | In Stock
Made in France
Description: L-citrulline powder
L-citrulline is a non-protein amino acid involved in the synthesis of nitric oxide, an intermediary molecule in vasodilation, increasing blood flow and muscular oxygenation.
It is a powerful precursor of the amino acid L-arginine, from which nitric oxide is produced. However, L-citrulline has greater bioavailability and is more efficient in increasing arginine levels. In addition, it does not have the annoying digestive problems that excessive doses of arginine can cause.
L-citrulline supplementation boosts physical performance and helps to improve recovery after physical activity, relieve muscle pain and help to avoid exercise-induced central fatigue.
Improve your athletic performance with our vegan-friendly L-citrulline powder!
L-citrulline powder: Detailed information
L-citrulline is a non-protein amino acid involved in arginine synthesis. Nitric oxide and L-citrulline are synthesized from the amino acid L-arginine and through the action of an enzyme (nitric oxide synthase). Nitric oxide is an intermediary molecule in vasodilation and regulates different functions in skeletal muscle, such as glucose intake, blood flow and contractile function (1).
L-citrulline is a powerful precursor of L-arginine, and L-citrulline supplementation has been reported to be more efficient in increasing arginine levels in the body than supplementation with L-arginine itself (1-2), due to is greater bioavailability (3). One study comparing the effects of supplementation with L-citrulline and arginine on the biomarkers of nitric oxide, physical performance and oxygen consumption (VO2), concluded that in the short-term, supplementation with L-citrulline improved blood pressure, oxygen consumption and physical performance, compared with arginine supplementation (4).
Various studies have shown that continued L-citrulline supplementation increases the synthesis of nitric oxide, reduces blood pressure and may increase peripheral blood flow. This has been linked to an improvement in skeletal muscle oxygenation and performance during resistance exercise (5).
Finally, citrulline may also help avoid exercise-induced central fatigue in combination with BCAA and arginine (6). It has been found that both L-citrulline and L-arginine may reduce the accumulation of ammonia (which is linked to physical exercise and can induce central fatigue) by increasing the synthesis of urea and nitric oxide (3).
1. Pérez- Guisado and Jakeman (2010) Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res 24(5): 1215-22.
2. Suzuki et al. (2016) Oral L-citrulline supplementation enhances cycling time trial performance in healthy trained men: Double-blind randomized placebo-controlled 2-way crossover study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016 Feb 19;13:6.
3. Cheng et al. (2016) The supplementation of branched-chain amino acids, arginine, and citrulline improves endurance exercise performance in two consecutive days. J Sports Sci Med 15(3):509-515.
4. Bailey et al. (2015) L-Citrulline supplementation improves O2 uptake kinetics and high-intensity exercise performance in humans. J Appl Physiol 119: 385-395.
5. Figueroa et al. (2017) Influence of L-citrulline and watermelon supplementation on vascular function and exercise performance. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 20(1): 92-98.
6. Chen et al. (2016) Branched-chain amino acids, arginine, citrulline alleviate central fatigue after 3 simulated matches in taekwondo athletes: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 13: 28.
Ingredients: L-citrulline powder Consulting batch information
Per daily dose: 3 g of L-citrulline powder, from biotech (obtained by natural fermentation).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: L-citrulline powder Consulting batch information
Mix 3 g of powder (1 measuring spoon) with 250 ml of water, before exercise. Use a shaker to prepare, then leave to stand for a few minutes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from light.
Quality: L-citrulline powder Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.