BCAA 4:1:1 + L-Citrulline
Provides L-citrulline, which strengthens the action of BCAA
3 + 1 free
Description: BCAA 4:1:1 + L-Citrulline
An innovative formula based on the latest scientific research, even more effective for boosting sporting performance and improving muscle recovery.
The addition of L-citrulline completes the intake of 3 branched-chain amino acids: L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine.
L-citrulline participates in increasing:
- nitric oxide (N.O.) production in the body. It promotes the dilation of blood vessels (vasodilator properties) and improves erectile function.
- creatine, an amino acid used to increase muscle strength and endurance during training.
L-citrulline combines perfectly with BCAA 4:1:1 (Best ratio) amino acids, which play a key role in the repair and growth of muscle tissue, protein synthesis and muscle recovery following exercise.
BCAA 4:1:1 + L-Citrulline: Detailed information
Within our range of Abs amino acids, we propose a combination specially designed for sportspeople who want to improve their performance and recovery after exercise: branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) in a proportion of 4:1:1 and L-citrulline.
The branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine are essential amino acids which cannot be synthesised by the organism itself and which therefore must be obtained from our diet. From among the essential amino acids, the BCAAs are considered the most important in exercise physiology as they intervene in protein synthesis in the muscle (1) and reduce muscle protein degradation (2).
It is also been demonstrated that supplementing with BCAA accelerates muscle recovery after exercise (1) and can relieve the feeling of fatigue as they compete with tryptophan for brain uptake and thus inhibit the synthesis of serotonin, the neurotransmitter which triggers this feeling (3-4). It has also been described that BCAA can increase lean mass and strength when taken in combination with a training routine (2).
L-citrulline is a non-protein amino acid which is an intermediate in the synthesis of arginine and intervenes in the synthesis of nitric oxide, a molecule involved in vasodilation and which regulates different functions in skeletal muscle (5). It favours the assimilation of BCAAs, thus increasing their effect: one study performed with cyclists determined that consuming L-citrulline-malate before exercise enhances the use of BCAAs (6) and another study noted it relieves muscle soreness after exercise and improves athletic performance in high intensity anaerobic exercises with short rest times (5).
- Changes in serum free amino acids and muscle fatigue experienced during a half-ironman triathlon. Areces et al. (2015) Plos One 10(9) : e0138376.
- Evidence-based recommendations for natural bodybuilding contest preparation: nutrition and supplementation. Helms et al. (201) J IntSoc Sports Nutr. 2014, 11 : 20.
- Branched-chain amino acids and arginine improve performance in two consecutive days of simulated handball games in male and female athletes: a randomized trial. Chang et al. (2015) PlosOne 10(3) : e0121866.
- Nutrición y dietética para la actividad física y el deporte. Rodríguez and Urdampilleta (2013) Ed. Netbiblo.
- Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. Pérez-Guisado and Jakeman (2010) J Strength Cond Res 24(5) : 1215-22.
- L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. Sureda et al. (2010) Eur J Appl Physiol 110(2) : 341-51.
Ingredients: BCAA 4:1:1 + L-Citrulline Consulting batch information
Ingredients per 6 g: Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA 4:1:1) ((L-leucine (2.82 g), L-isoleucine (0.705 g) and L-valine (0.705 g)) and L-citrulline (1.77 g) powder, from biotech (obtained by natural fermentation).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: BCAA 4:1:1 + L-Citrulline Consulting batch information
Mix 3 g of powder (1 measuring spoon) with 250 ml of water, juice, smoothies or milk, and consume twice a day, before and after exercise. Use a shaker to prepare, then leave to stand for a few minutes.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: BCAA 4:1:1 + L-Citrulline Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.