Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
Plant-based omega-3 that improves athletic performance
Flaxseed oil standardised to contain 50% alpha-linolenic acid
Buy Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
Expiration date (End Of): 10/2023 | Ref. XF50
18,00 € (18,00 €)
Ingredients: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
†N/A: Not applicable
Vegetable-based capsule (gelling agent (E407): carrageenan, modified starch, humectant (E422): glycerol.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
Alpha-linolenic acid by Abs, made from flaxseed, is ideal for athletes who want to look after their cardiovascular health and improve their performance.
Flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum L.), one of the oldest man-made plant resources, was used as a “nutraceutical” in ancient Greece1.
Studies have found that it has high beneficial fatty acid and omega 3-6-92 content, essential for good physical and cognitive health3.
Its main omega-3 (flaxseed oil contains 55%)4 is alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)5, which is only obtained from food, as the body cannot synthesize it. It plays a key role as a plant precursor of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), the most important fatty acids in our diet6, which are found mainly in lipids of marine origin7. In addition to being an exceptional vegan alternative, the balanced presence of these fatty acids promotes the regulation of cholesterol and cardiovascular well-being8, 9.
Supplementation with alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is of particular interest for athletes, as it helps to relieve inflammatory and joint problems caused by assiduous physical activity10.
This anti-inflammatory action is accompanied by improved vasodilation and blood viscosity. Flaxseed oil is therefore ergogenic, meaning it boosts performance during training11, 12.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recommends a daily intake of 2 g of alpha-linolenic acid, the ideal dose offered by Abs.
- Tesis “Incorporación de semillas de lino y su relación con la frecuencia evacuatoria en pacientes constipados”. Zeballos, M. Universidad FASTA, Mar de Plata, Argentina. 2008.
- Flaxseed. Hall, C., et al. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2006. 51, 1-97.
- Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food. Goyal, A., Sharma, V., Upadhyay, N., Gill, S., & Sihag, M. J Food Sci Technol, 51(9), 1633-1653.
- Flaxseed and cardiovascular health. Prasad, K. J Cardiovas Pharmacol. 2009. 54(5), 369-377.
- Processing of flaxseed fiber, oil, protein, and lignan. Oomah, B. D. Flaxseed in human nutrition. 2003, 2, 363-386.
- Fatty acids in human nutrition. Report of an expert consultation. FAO Food and Nutrition paper. 2010. 91.
- Consenso sobre las grasas y aceites en la alimentación de la población española adulta. Ros, E., López-Miranda, J., Picó, C., Rubio, M. Á., Babio, N., Sala-Vila, A., ... & Gil Hernández, A. Federación Española de Sociedades de Alimentación, Nutrición y Dietética (FESNAD). 2015.
- Alpha-linolenic acid and its conversion to longer chain n- 3 fatty acids: Benefits for human health and a role in maintaining tissue n- 3 fatty acid levels. Barceló-Coblijn, G., & Murphy, E. J. Prog Lipid Res. 2009. 48(6), 355-374.
- Le Régime oméga-3: le miracle des suppléments d’huile de poisson. Dr Sears Barry. Les Editions de l’Homme, Québec, 2003. 4.O5p.
- Dietary fat and sports nutrition: a primer. Lowery, L. M. J Sports Sci Med. 2004. 3(3), 106-17.
- Influence of flaxseed oil administration on glycemic response in active, healthy adults. Curran, R., Hildebrandt, L., & Schoemer, S. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 2002. 17(5), 28-35.
- The health professional's guide to dietary supplements. Talbott, S. M., & Hughes, K. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2007.
Use: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
4 capsules a day divided into two doses with a glass of water, at mealtimes.
Not recommended for women in case of personal or family history of breast cancer, neither pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2 g of ALA. Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist’s advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
PRODUCT NAMEAlpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
BOTANICAL NAMELinum usitatissimum L.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER15 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
The notification of placing on the market of this product has been made under notification number NUT_PL 2081/87.
Certificate issue date: 2021/10/25
Questions: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.