Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
Plant-based omega-3 that improves athletic performance
Flaxseed oil standardised to contain 50% alpha-linolenic acid
Expiration date (End Of): 07/2022 |
Lot: D14051 | Ref. XF50
Description: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
Alpha-linolenic acid by Abs, made from flaxseed, is ideal for athletes who want to look after their cardiovascular health and improve their performance.
Flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum L.), one of the oldest man-made plant resources, was used as a “nutraceutical” in ancient Greece1.
Studies have found that it has high beneficial fatty acid and omega 3-6-92 content, essential for good physical and cognitive health3.
Its main omega-3 (flaxseed oil contains 55%)4 is alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)5, which is only obtained from food, as the body cannot synthesize it. It plays a key role as a plant precursor of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), the most important fatty acids in our diet6, which are found mainly in lipids of marine origin7. In addition to being an exceptional vegan alternative, the balanced presence of these fatty acids promotes the regulation of cholesterol and cardiovascular well-being8, 9.
Supplementation with alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is of particular interest for athletes, as it helps to relieve inflammatory and joint problems caused by assiduous physical activity10.
This anti-inflammatory action is accompanied by improved vasodilation and blood viscosity. Flaxseed oil is therefore ergogenic, meaning it boosts performance during training11, 12.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recommends a daily intake of 2 g of alpha-linolenic acid, the ideal dose offered by Abs.
- Zeballos, M. (2008). Tesis “Incorporación de semillas de lino y su relación con la frecuencia evacuatoria en pacientes constipados”. Universidad FASTA, Mar de Plata, Argentina.
- Hall, C., et al., (2006). Flaxseed. Advances in food and nutrition research, 51, 1-97.
- Goyal, A., Sharma, V., Upadhyay, N., Gill, S., & Sihag, M. (2014). Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food. Journal of food science and technology, 51(9), 1633-1653.
- Prasad, K. (2009). Flaxseed and cardiovascular health. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology, 54(5), 369-377.
- Oomah, B. D. (2003). Processing of flaxseed fiber, oil, protein, and lignan. Flaxseed in human nutrition, 2, 363-386.
- Fats, F. A. O. (2010). fatty acids in human nutrition. Report of an expert consultation. Food and Nutrition paper, 91.
- Ros, E., López-Miranda, J., Picó, C., Rubio, M. Á., Babio, N., Sala-Vila, A., ... & Gil Hernández, A. (2015). Consenso sobre las grasas y aceites en la alimentación de la población española adulta; postura de la Federación Española de Sociedades de Alimentación, Nutrición y Dietética (FESNAD). Nutrición Hospitalaria, 32(2)
- Barceló-Coblijn, G., & Murphy, E. J. (2009). Alpha-linolenic acid and its conversion to longer chain n- 3 fatty acids: Benefits for human health and a role in maintaining tissue n- 3 fatty acid levels. Progress in lipid research, 48(6), 355-374.
- Dr Sears Barry. Le Régime oméga-3: le miracle des suppléments d’huile de poisson.2003,Les Editions de l’Homme, Québec, 4.O5p.
- Lowery, L. M. (2004). Dietary fat and sports nutrition: a primer. Journal of sports science & medicine, 3(3), 106.
- Curran, R., Hildebrandt, L., & Schoemer, S. (2002). Influence of flaxseed oil administration on glycemic response in active, healthy adults. Topics in Clinical Nutrition, 17(5), 28-35.
- Talbott, S. M., & Hughes, K. (2007). The health professional's guide to dietary supplements. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Ingredients: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Vegetable-based capsule (gelling agent (E407): carrageenan, modified starch, humectant (E422): glycerol).
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) Consulting batch information
4 capsules a day divided into two doses with a glass of water, at mealtimes.
Not recommended for women in case of personal or family history of breast cancer, neither pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2 g of ALA. Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist’s advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMEAlpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
BOTANICAL NAMELinum usitatissimum L.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER15 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured in accordance with GMPs according to current pharmaceutical standards (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practices of the European Pharmaceutical Industry).
The active ingredient content is guaranteed through regular analyses that can be viewed online.
The labelling of our products complies with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 and its subsequent amendments, with the aim of ensuring a high level of consumer protection in relation to food information.
Our packaging complies with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 and its subsequent amendments on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, aiming to secure a high level of protection of human health and the interests of consumers.
Anastore is registered on the Food Safety Register of Food Business Operators, whose purpose is to protect public health and consumer interests, where the definitions provided for in Articles 2 and 3 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and their subsequent amendments, are applicable.
These Regulations lay down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety, in addition to laying down general rules in relation to the hygiene of foodstuffs.
Finally, Anastore notifies the placing on the market of its food supplements in accordance with the specific regulations of each country.
The notification of placing on the market of this product has been made under notification number NUT_PL 2081/87.
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/09/01