Guaranteed purity over 99%
Regulator of the biological clock
1.9 mg / 60 capsules
Ref. AN30 | In Stock
Made in France
Health claims accepted by the following organisations:
According to the European Commission, melatonin helps mitigate the effects of jet lag and helps induce sleep.
EFSA: Melatonin contributes to the alleviation of subjective feelings of jet lag.
Melatonin contributes to the reduction of time taken to fall asleep.
Melatonin production is highest during adolescence and decreases with age. Therefore, taking melatonin improves sleep quality and helps regulate our biological clock.
Melatonin naturally regulates sleep and has none of the side effects of conventional sleeping pills.
Melatonin relieves tension, relaxes the muscles, is naturally sleep inducing, promotes healthy sleep, diminishes grogginess after sleep and reduces night-time awakenings.
In addition, melatonin helps the body to adapt to changes in its biological clock, which helps prevents jet-lag in travellers.
Sublingual melatonin acts effectively when rapidly absorbed through the buccal mucosa.
Melatonin: Detailed information
Insomnia is lack of sleep or decreased sleep quality. It is a fairly common disorder that may be due to various causes, such as stress, pathological factors, lifestyle, and it negatively affects the individual’s ability to function during the day. To help regulate the sleep cycle and promote rest, melatonin offers an alternative to traditional sleeping pills.
Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland from tryptophan and it is regulated by the light-dark cycle. This hormone has several functions: it helps to regulate circadian rhythm and sleep and waking processes, it acts as a neurotransmitter, and also has immunomodulatory and antioxidant properties.
Melatonin’s primary role in the body is regulating day and night cycles, or sleep-wake cycles. Darkness causes the body to produce more melatonin, signalling to the body to prepare for sleep. Conversely, light decreases melatonin production, making the body prepare for waking (1).
Melatonin has a chronoregulatory function, to adjust the sleep phase and resynchronise the biological clock (2): studies to investigate the effect of melatonin on sleep and circadian rhythm have found a clear link between melatonin and circadian rhythm. Melatonin therefore helps to induce sleep in people whose circadian rhythm is disrupted, and can be used to treat insomnia associated with jet lag and for shift workers (3-4).
In addition to its effect on circadian rhythm and the sleep cycle, melatonin has an immunomodulatory and antioxidant function. Its immunomodulatory activity has been demonstrated in in vivo and in vitro studies, where it was seen to act in innate response specifically on the immune system (5). Through its antioxidant activity, melatonin stimulates the synthesis of antioxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione reductase, and has been proposed as a treatment for neurodegenerative diseases (6-7).
- Medline (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/spanish/)
- Role of melatonin in the regulation of human circadian rhythms and sleep. Cajochen et al. (2003) J Neuroendocrinol 15(4): 432-7.
- Therapeutic applications of melatonin. Kostoglou-Athanassiou (2013) Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab 4(1): 13–24.
- Melatonin: buffering the immune system. Carrillo-Vico et al. (2013) Int J Mol Sci 14(4): 8638-83.
- Melatonin antioxidative defense: therapeutical implications for aging and neurodegenerative processes. Pandi-Perumal et al. (2013) Neurotox Res 23(3): 267-300.
- Melatonin redox activity. Its potential clinical applications in neurodegenerative disorders. Miller et al. (2015) Curr Top Med Chem 15(2): 163-9.
- Melatonin 1.9 mg: For 1 capsule, 1.9 mg of melatonin (synthetic origin), purity 99% min
- Sublingual melatonin 1.9 mg: For 1 tablet, 1.9 mg of melatonin (synthetic origin), purity 99% min
- Melatonin 1.9 mg / 60 capsules : maltodextrin, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl méthylcellulose.
- Melatonin 1.9 mg / 120 capsules : maltodextrin, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl méthylcellulose.
- Sublingual melatonin 1.9 mg /120 tablets: Bulking agent (E460i): microcrystalline cellulose, potato starch, lemon flavouring, sweetener (E960): steviol glycosides, anti-caking agent (E470b): magnesium salts of fatty acids.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured in accordance with GMPs, GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practices according to current European Pharmaceutical Industry. The active ingredient content is guaranteed through regular analyses that can be viewed online.
1 capsule or tablet a day, half hour before going to bed with half a glass of water.
The beneficial effect is obtained by consuming 1 mg of melatonin close to bedtime. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist’s advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.