A natural solution to joint problems
Standardised to contain 2.7% min. in harpagoside
Expiration date (End Of): 02/2023 |
Lot: D14540 | Ref. EE12
3 + 1 free
Description: Organic harpagophytum
Harpagophytum or devil's claw (Harpagophytum procumbens DC, Pedaliaceae family) is native to southern Africa. The plant is perennial and has a large network of tuberous roots that can extend as deep as 1 m1. It is traditionally used for the good function of joints2, in addition to contributing to support the digestion3 and appetite4.
Harpagophytum root helps to maintain joint health2 and good mobility6, in addition to help to maintain flexible joints and tendons6. There are scientific publications, such as the systematic review conducted by Chrubasik et al., in which it can be observed that the majority of studies carried out on harpagophytum appear to indicate that the root has anti-inflammatory and analgesic action for use in cases of acute and subacute inflammation7, 8.
This research has led to studies of the composition of harpagophytum root in which multiple compounds have been identified, such as harpagosides, flavonoids, phytosterols and phenolic acids5. Other studies conducted suggest that the anti-inflammatory action of the harpagophytum may be owed to interactions among these compounds in the plant9.
Anastore offers an ecological extract which guarantees the absence of pesticides, formulated using only harpagophytum root, yielding a minimum content of 2.7% harpagoside. Each batch of our products is analyzed using HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), offering the strictest guarantee of quality possible.
- Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. Berdonces. Oceano Ambar. 2009.
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 3770).
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 2264).
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 2276).
- La raíz de harpagofito en el tratamiento de afecciones reumáticas. Crespo and Navarro. Revista de Fitoterapia. 2012.12(1): 5-14.
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 3943).
- A review of the biological and potential therapeutic actions of Harpagophytumprocumbens. Grant et al. Phytother Res. 2007. 21(3):199-209. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 – 4705.
- Evidence of effectiveness of herbal antiinflammatory drugs in the treatment of painful osteoarthritis and chronic low back pain. Chrubasik et al. Phytother Res. 2007. 21(7):675-83. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 –4705.
- Analgesic, antiinflammatory and antidiabetic properties of Harpagophytum procumbens DC (Pedaliaceae) secondary root aqueous extract. Mahomed and Ojewole. Phytother Res. 2014. 18(12):982-9. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 – 4705.
Ingredients: Organic harpagophytum Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
**From organic farming.
Maltodextrin**. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Organic harpagophytum Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Do not use in case of those suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers or gallstones. Not recommended in case of kidney stones. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic harpagophytum Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic harpagophytum
BOTANICAL NAMEHarpagophytum procumbens (Burch.) DC.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured in accordance with GMPs according to current pharmaceutical standards. (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practices of the European Pharmaceutical Industry).
The active ingredient content is guaranteed through regular analyses.
The labelling of our products complies with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 and its subsequent amendments, with the aim of ensuring a high level of consumer protection in relation to food information.
Our packaging complies with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 and its subsequent amendments on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, aiming to secure a high level of protection of human health and the interests of consumers.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Anastore is registered on the Food Safety Register of Food Business Operators, whose purpose is to protect public health and consumer interests, where the definitions provided for in Articles 2 and 3 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and their subsequent amendments, are applicable.
These Regulations lay down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety, in addition to laying down general rules in relation to the hygiene of foodstuffs.
Finally, Anastore notifies the placing on the market of its food supplements in accordance with the specific regulations of each country.
The notification of placing on the market of this product has been made under notification number PL 2081/31.
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2021/02/16