A natural solution to joint problems
Standardised to contain 2.7% min. in harpagoside
3 + 1 free
Description: Organic harpagophytum
Harpagophytum or devil's claw (Harpagophytum procumbens DC, Pedaliaceae family) is native to southern Africa. The plant is perennial and has a large network of tuberous roots that can extend as deep as 1 m (1-2). It is traditionally used for the good function of joints (3), in addition to contributing to support the digestion (4) and appetite (5).
Harpagophytum root helps to maintain joint health (3) and good mobility (7), in addition to help to maintain flexible joints and tendons (7). There are scientific publications, such as the systematic review conducted by Chrubasik et al., in which it can be observed that the majority of studies carried out on harpagophytum appear to indicate that the root has anti-inflammatory and analgesic action for use in cases of acute and subacute inflammation (8-9).
This research has led to studies of the composition of harpagophytum root in which multiple compounds have been identified, such as harpagosides, flavonoids, phytosterols and phenolic acids (6). Other studies conducted suggest that the anti-inflammatory action of the harpagophytum may be owed to interactions among these compounds in the plant (10).
Anastore offers an ecological extract which guarantees the absence of pesticides, formulated using only harpagophytum root, yielding a minimum content of 2.7% harpagoside. Each batch of our products is analyzed using HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), offering the strictest guarantee of quality possible.
- Berdonces (2009) Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. Oceano Ambar.
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 3770).
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 2264).
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 2276).
- Crespo and Navarro (2012) La raíz de harpagofito en el tratamiento de afecciones reumáticas. Revista de Fitoterapia 12(1): 5-14.
- Extracted from the European Commission compilation list, under EFSA validation (ID 3943).
- Grant et al. (2007) A review of the biological and potential therapeutic actions of Harpagophytumprocumbens. Phytother Res 21(3):199-209. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 – 4705.
- Chrubasik et al. (2007) Evidence of effectiveness of herbal antiinflammatory drugs in the treatment of painful osteoarthritis and chronic low back pain .Phytother Res 21(7):675-83. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 –4705.
- Mahomed and Ojewole (2004) Analgesic, antiinflammatory and antidiabetic properties of Harpagophytum procumbens DC (Pedaliaceae) secondary root aqueous extract. Phytother Res 18(12):982-9. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 – 4705.
Ingredients: Organic harpagophytum Consulting batch information
2 capsules contain: 800 mg of dry extract of devil's claw root* (*from organic farming) (Harpagophytum procumbens (Burch.) DC.) standardised to contain 2.7% in harpagoside (i.e. 21.6 mg).
Maltodextrin* (*from organic farming) , vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Organic harpagophytum Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Do not use in case of those suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers or gallstones. Not recommended in case of kidney stones. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic harpagophytum Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured in accordance with GMPs according to current pharmaceutical standards. (GMPs are the Good Manufacturing Practices of the European Pharmaceutical Industry). The active ingredient content is guaranteed through regular analyses that can be viewed online.
Since this is an organic product it contains no heavy metals and no pesticides. Its mycotoxin content is checked on a regular basis.