A natural solution to joint problems
Standardised to contain 2.7% min. in harpagoside
Buy Organic harpagophytum
Expiration date (End Of): 04/2024 | Ref. EE12
19,90 € (19,90 €)
Ingredients: Organic harpagophytum
†N/A: Not applicable
**From organic farming.
Maltodextrin**. Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic harpagophytum
Harpagophytum or devil's claw (Harpagophytum procumbens DC, Pedaliaceae family) is native to southern Africa. The plant is perennial and has a large network of tuberous roots that can extend as deep as 1 m1. It is traditionally used for the good function of joints2, in addition to contributing to support the digestion3 and appetite4.
Harpagophytum root helps to maintain joint health2 and good mobility6, in addition to help to maintain flexible joints and tendons6. There are scientific publications, such as the systematic review conducted by Chrubasik et al., in which it can be observed that the majority of studies carried out on harpagophytum appear to indicate that the root has anti-inflammatory and analgesic action for use in cases of acute and subacute inflammation7, 8.
This research has led to studies of the composition of harpagophytum root in which multiple compounds have been identified, such as harpagosides, flavonoids, phytosterols and phenolic acids5. Other studies conducted suggest that the anti-inflammatory action of the harpagophytum may be owed to interactions among these compounds in the plant9.
Anastore offers an ecological extract which guarantees the absence of pesticides, formulated using only harpagophytum root, yielding a minimum content of 2.7% harpagoside. Each batch of harpagophytum extract is analyzed using HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), offering the strictest guarantee of quality possible.
- Gran diccionario ilustrado de las Plantas Medicinales descripción y aplicaciones. Berdonces. Oceano Ambar. 2009.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 3770).
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 2264).
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 2276).
- La raíz de harpagofito en el tratamiento de afecciones reumáticas. Crespo and Navarro. Revista de Fitoterapia. 2012.12(1): 5-14.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 3943).
- A review of the biological and potential therapeutic actions of Harpagophytumprocumbens. Grant et al. Phytother Res. 2007. 21(3):199-209. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 – 4705.
- Evidence of effectiveness of herbal antiinflammatory drugs in the treatment of painful osteoarthritis and chronic low back pain. Chrubasik et al. Phytother Res. 2007. 21(7):675-83. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 –4705.
- Analgesic, antiinflammatory and antidiabetic properties of Harpagophytum procumbens DC (Pedaliaceae) secondary root aqueous extract. Mahomed and Ojewole. Phytother Res. 2014. 18(12):982-9. Included in the Consolidated list of Article 13 health claims List of references received by EFSA Part 4 IDs 3001 – 4705.
Use: Organic harpagophytum
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Do not use in case of those suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers or gallstones. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic harpagophytum
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic harpagophytum
BOTANICAL NAMEHarpagophytum procumbens (Burch.) DC.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2022/05/05
Questions: Organic harpagophytum
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.