- Food supplements
- Titled extracts
- Organic Harpagophytum
Helps to alleviate muscle and joint pain
A powerful natural anti-inflammatory
Buy Organic Harpagophytum
2 formats available
Expand to see more products on offer
Expiration date (End Of): 02/2025 | Ref. EE12
13,51 € (15,90 €) Save 2,39 € until 11/06/2023
Buy Organic Harpagophytum
400 mg / 60 capsules
This product allows you to accumulate 13 loyalty points. = 0,78€.
Ingredients: Organic Harpagophytum
†N/A: Not applicable
**From organic farming.
Rice starch** (Oryza sativa L.). Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic Harpagophytum
What is Harpagophytum and how does it work in the body?
Harpagophytum (Harpagophytum procumbens (Burch.) DC.) is a wild plant with tuberous stems and striking purple flowers1. It is known as ‘Devil’s claw’ because of its the curious hook shapes on its stems, and because it used to attach to the legs of horses, making them jump wildly to try to free themselves.
It is native to the Kalahari Desert and the grasslands of Transvaal (South Africa), and its roots contain numerous active components that give it multiple benefits for the body:
- Harpagosides, harpagides and procumide: associated with relieving joint discomfort2,5.
- Glycosides (phenolic, phytosterols, and essential oils):1 associated with antioxidant activity3.
Thanks to these active compounds, harpagophytum root is highly valued in food supplements.
Properties of harpagophytum
Harpagophytum helps maintain good mobility4
The main properties of this plant include its positive effects on mobility:1
- Helps to maintain joint health4.
- Contributes to maintain suppleness in joints and tendons4.
- Promotes healthy joint function and mobility4,5.
The properties of harpagophytum are not limited to the locomotor system; they also have a beneficial effect on digestive health6. This African plant is the perfect remedy for relieving stomach discomfort, aiding digestion and contributing to healthy digestive tract function. It also stimulates appetite7and has antioxidant properties3.
Numerous in vivo studies have highlighted its positive effect in situations where the body is processing inflammation responses and/or experiencing pain in the joints8.
Who is Organic Harpagophytum by Plantae® designed for?
Helps to maintain suppleness in joints and tendons4
Harpagophytum is often the perfect choice for people with mobility problems. But ‘Devil’s Claw’ can also be a great product for people with any of the following complaints:
- People suffering from mild joint pain or discomfort.
- People seeking to strengthen their tendons and ligaments.
- People who are trying to strengthen their locomotor system.
- People looking for supplements that aid digestion or who are experiencing from digestive problems.
- People who are trying to increase their appetite naturally.
Why choose Organic Harpagophytum by Plantae®?
Plantae®’s Organic Harpagophytum root food supplement is made from root extract that contains 2.7% harpagoside, the main compound responsible for its effects on the body.
High-resolution testing techniques are used when developing the supplement, guaranteeing a product of the highest quality. It also comes in convenient plant-based capsules suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
How to take Plantae®’s Organic Harpagophytum?
We recommend taking 2 capsules of organic harpagophytum per day with a glass of water at mealtimes. This will ensure a daily intake of 800 mg of dry extract of Devil’s Claw, and complies with the dose proposed by the European Scientific Cooperative On Phytotherapy (ESCOP) for joint problems.
Can Organic Harpagophytum be combined with other food supplements?
Organic Harpagophytum can be combined with Anastore’s Turmeric, because both products have beneficial effects on the joints, promoting good joint health.4,9
In addition, Anastore’s Bromelain with Rutin supports inflammatory responses,10,11 and has antioxidant properties.3 Combining it with harpagophytum complements the latter’s effects, and is sure to enhance the expected results.
Finally, pairing harpagophytum with Anastore’s White Willow can also be effective, since both have beneficial effects on joint and muscle health5,12. That is why the simultaneous intake of both can reinforce the desired effects.
- Diccionario de plantas medicinales. Jordi Cebrián. Editorial RBA Libros S.A.
- La raíz de harpagofito en el tratamiento de afecciones reumáticas. Crespo and Navarro. Revista de Fitoterapia. 2012 12(1): 5-14.
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 432/2012 of 16 May 2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children’s development and health.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 3943).
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 3770).
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 2264).
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 2276).
- An analytical study, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of Harpagophytum procumbens and Harpagophytum zeyheri. Baghdikian B, Lanhers MC, Fleurentin J, Ollivier E, Maillard C, Balansard G et al. Planta Med 1997; 63: 171-176.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 3748).
- Properties and therapeutic application of bromelain: a review. Pavan, R. et al. Biotechnol Res Int. 2012. 976203.
- Larousse médical. Naudin, C. Larousse. 1996.
- Extracted from the EFSA health claims application list, under evaluation (ID 3884).
Use: Organic Harpagophytum
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water at mealtimes.
Do not use in case of suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers or gallstones. Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic Harpagophytum
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic Harpagophytum
BOTANICAL NAMEHarpagophytum procumbens (Burch.) DC.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This food supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 of 30 May 2018 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
Certificate issue date: 2023/03/13
Questions: Organic Harpagophytum
Would you like more information about our product?
Ask your question here and our team of experts will answer you as soon as possible.