Organic Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
Potent, immunostimulant adaptogen
Standardised extract to contain 30% polysaccharides (15% beta-glucans)
3 + 1 free
Description: Organic Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
The red reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is a mushroom that has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years for its adaptogen, immunostimulant, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Its Chinese name (lingzhi) is associated with longevity and immortality.
The red reishi is an adaptogen, a natural substance that helps the body to regain balance and strength when faced with changes brought about by stress.
The reishi mushroom is rich in nutrients and contains multiple chemical compounds (over 200 bioactive compounds have been identified), in particular, ergosterols, polysaccharides and triterpenes for their beneficial properties.
The reishi’s polysaccharides possess immunostimulant properties. Within the polysaccharides group we find the beta-glucans, compounds which reinforce the immune system. The reishi also contains triterpenes derived from lanostane, a group of molecules with antioxidant, antinflammatory and anti-allergen properties.
Our dry extract of organic reishi standardised at 30% polysaccharide content (15% betaglucans) and 1% triterpenes, thanks to its adaptogen and stimulant properties, helps the body naturally protect itself and maintain balance.
Organic Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum): Detailed information
The reishi or lingzhi (Ganoderma lucidum) is a mushroom which has been used for over 2000 years in Asia to treat various illnesses and as a tonic (1). Used to increase longevity and improve health, its Chinese name (Lingzhi) symbolises a combination of spiritual strength and immortality (2).
Our organic reishi contains polysaccharides and triterpenes. This mushroom is also very rich in proteins, nutrients and other bioactive compounds such as ergostols and nucleotides.
Within the polysaccharides we find the beta-glucans, molecules with immunomodulatory activity stimulating the phagocyte system, increasing the release of cytokines and acting on the various cells forming part of the immune system (3,4).
The reishi also contains triterpenes derived from lanotane, including ganoderic acids and ganodermic acids, a group full of compounds presenting various chemical structures and properties: antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, hypoglycaemic, neuroprotective etc.(5). One of the properties of triterpene is connected with the treatment of asthma and allergies owing to its anti-inflammatory properties by inhibiting the release of histamine by the mast cells and re-establishing normal TH1 and TH2 cytokine balance (6).
Finally, the reishi also has cardioprotective properties: a recent study has shown the in vitro capacity of the proteins separated from the mycelia (vegetative body of the fungus) to inhibit the anti-angiotensin converting enzyme (7), an enzyme connected with arterial hypertension since it mediates in the conversion of angiotensin I into angiotensin II, a potent vasoconstrictor.
PRODUCT NAME: Dry extract of organic reishi standardised to contain 30% polysaccharide, 15% beta-glucan and 1% triterpene.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Ganoderma lucidum (Leyss.) ex Karst.)
PART USED: Whole mushroom
300 mg of our organic REISHI dry extract provides a total of 90 mg of polysaccharides (45 mg beta-glucans) and 3 mg of triterpenes per dose which gives our product the properties beneficial to the human body.
• Certified organic product with 30% polysaccharide and 1% triterpene content.
• Immunostimulant (1-6)
• Antioxidant (4-5)
• Antiallergenic (6)
• Cardioprotective (7)
1. Recent progress of research on medicinal mushrooms, foods, and other herbal products used in traditional Chinese medicine. Lee et al. (2012) J Tradit Complement Med 2(2): 84–95.
2. Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi): A Medicinal Mushroom. Wachtel-Galor et al. (2011) In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; Chapter 9.
3. Effects of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides on proliferation and cytotoxicity of cytokine-induced killer cells. Zhu et al. (2005) Acta Pharmacol Sinica 26 (9): 1130–1137.
4. Ganoderma lucidum, un hongo con propiedades inmunoestimulantes.[a mushroom with immunostimulant properties] Ríos-Cañavate (2008). Revista de Fitoterapia [Phytotherapy Magazine] 8(2): 135-146.
5. A comprehensive review of the structure elucidation and biological activity of triterpenoids from Ganoderma spp. Xia et al. (2014) Molecules 19: 17478-17535.
6. Ganoderma lucidum: A potent pharmacological macrofungus. Sanodiya et al. (2009) Curr Pharm Biotech 10: 717-742.
7. Anti-angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) proteins from mycelia of Ganoderma lucidum (Curtis) P. Karst. Ansor et al. (2013) BMC Complement Altern Med13: 256.
Ingredients: Organic Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) Consulting batch information
1 capsule contain: 300 mg dry extract of organic reishi (Ganoderma lucidum (Curtis) P. Karst.) standardised to contain 30% polysaccharide (i.e. 90 mg) and 15% beta-glucan (i.e. 45 mg).
Vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Organic Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) Consulting batch information
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water at mealtime.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.