Concentrated extract (4:1) of chasteberry fruit (equivalent to 96mg of dry fruit)
A Natural remedy to alleviate menstrual cycle symptoms and mastodynia
Skin (acne), Specific Woman (premenstrual syndrome).
Buy Organic Chasteberry
24 mg / 120 capsules
Ref. GO24 | In Stock
Made in France
Description: Organic Chasteberry
The Commission E approves the use of chasteberry fruit to treat menstrual cycle symptoms, premenstrual syndrome and mastodynia.
Nearly 80% of women of childbearing age suffer from premenstrual syndrome symptoms(PMS) (1). These symptoms can be physical and psychological (2).
Since these symptoms are personal, and can vary considerably from person to person, there are several treatments, some of which are very aggressive and do not fit every woman's needs.
Anastore offers a traditional, organic and 100% natural, remedy. Its effectiveness is proven by several clinical studies: The Chasteberry Extract (Vitex agnus castus).
The chasteberry, Vitex fruit, or monk’s pepper, (Vitex agnus castus L.) is a shrub native to the Mediterranean basin and central Asia with purple flowers and fruits that resemble peppercorns (3).
Hippocrates, in his gynaecological treatises (5th Century BC) referred to the Vitex agnus-castus (4). In Middle Ages it was a symbol of chastity and was consumed in monasteries, for this reason is also known as ‘monk’s pepper’ (5).
Modern studies have demonstrated that the effectiveness of Vitex agnus castus is connected with the presence of essential oil (0.5-0.8%), anti-inflammatory diterpene and antioxidant flavonoid (3, 4, 6).
Chasteberry fruits is use for the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, which has physical and psychological symptoms: headaches, cramps, fatigue, mood swings, irritability, to anxiety, sadness and sleeping problems. (2, 7, 8).
Chasteberry extracts also have positive effects on mastodynia (breast pain), due to their indirect effect on progesterone (9) and thank’s to the existence of dopaminergic which reduce prolactin levels (10). Preliminary testing supports the activity of the vitex fruit in cases of acne and infertility due to low levels of progesterone and hyperprolactinaemia (4, 5).
The European Medicines Agency has approved its traditional use for the treatment of premenstrual syndrome (11).
One dose of our 4:1 concentrated extract of organic chasteberry (Vitex agnus castus) is equivalent to 96 mg of dried fruit. It is advisable to take it a minimum of 3 months.
- Morin, Y., Wainsten, J. P., & Lemaire, V. (2001). Larousse médical. Larousse.
- Rombi and Robert (2006) 120 plantes médicinales: Composition, mode d’action et intérêt thérapeutique… de l’Ail à la Vigne rouge. Editions Alpen.
- Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís (2011). Manual de Fitoterapia. Elsevier.
- Bone and Mills (2013) Principles and practice of Phytotherapy. Second Edition, Elsevier.
- van Die et al. (2013) Vitex agnus-castus extracts for female reproductive disorders: a systematic review of clinical trials. Planta Med 79: 562-575.
- Jang et al. (2014) Effects and treatment methods of acupuncture and herbal medicine for premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder: systematic review. BMC Complement Altern Med 14: 11.
- Roemheld-Hamm (2005) Chasteberry. Am Fam Physician 72(5): 821-4.
- Wuttke et al. (2003) Chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus)--pharmacology and clinical indications. Phytomedicine 10(4): 348-57.
- EMA/HMPC/144006/2009. Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC). Community herbal monograph on Vitex agnus-castus L., fructus.
Ingredients: Organic Chasteberry Consulting batch information
1 capsule contains: 24 mg concentrated extract 4:1 of chasteberry fruit* (*from organic farming) (Vitex agnus-castus L.), equivalent to 96 mg of dried fruit.
Maltodextrin* (*from organic farming), vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Organic Chasteberry Consulting batch information
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water at breakfast.
Not recommended for women in case of personal or family history of breast cancer. Do not use in case of pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from light.
Quality: Organic Chasteberry Consulting batch information
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.