- Organic Chasteberry
To alleviate menstrual cycle symptoms and mastodynia
Concentrated extract (4:1) of chasteberry fruit (equivalent to 96mg of dry fruit)
Expiration date (End Of): 04/2023 |
Lot: D14804 | Ref. GO24
3 + 1 free
Ingredients: Organic Chasteberry Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
**From organic farming.
Maltodextrin**, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Description: Organic Chasteberry
Nearly 80% of women of childbearing age suffer from premenstrual syndrome symptoms (PMS)1. These symptoms can be physical and psychological2.
Since these symptoms are personal, and can vary considerably from person to person, there are several treatments, some of which are very aggressive and do not fit every woman's needs.
Anastore offers a traditional, organic and 100% natural, food supplement. Its effectiveness is proven by several clinical studies: The Chasteberry Extract (Vitex agnus castus).
The chasteberry, Vitex fruit, or monk’s pepper, (Vitex agnus castus L.) is a shrub native to the Mediterranean basin and central Asia with purple flowers and fruits that resemble peppercorns3.
Hippocrates, in his gynaecological treatises (5th Century BC) referred to the Vitex agnus-castus4. In Middle Ages it was a symbol of chastity and was consumed in monasteries, for this reason is also known as ‘monk’s pepper’5.
Modern studies have demonstrated that the effectiveness of Vitex agnus castus is connected with the presence of essential oil (0.5-0.8%), anti-inflammatory diterpene and antioxidant flavonoid3, 4, 6.
Chasteberry fruits is use for the premenstrual syndrome11, which has physical and psychological symptoms: headaches, cramps, fatigue, mood swings, irritability, to anxiety, sadness and sleeping problems.2, 7, 8.
Chasteberry extracts also have positive effects on mastodynia (breast pain), due to their indirect effect on progesterone9 and thank’s to the existence of dopaminergic which reduce prolactin levels10. Preliminary testing supports the activity of the vitex fruit in cases of acne and infertility due to low levels of progesterone and hyperprolactinaemia4, 5.
One dose of our 4:1 concentrated extract of organic chasteberry (Vitex agnus castus) is equivalent to 96 mg of dried fruit. It is advisable to take it a minimum of 3 months.
- Du syndrome prémenstruel au trouble dysphorique prémenstruel. Une reconfiguration des représentations sur la vulnérabilité des femmes. Laura Piccand. Work in Progress en Etudes genre. Université de Lausanne. 2012
- Larousse médical. Morin Y, Wainsten JP, & Lemaire V. Larousse. 2001.
- 120 plantes médicinales: Composition, mode d’action et intérêt thérapeutique… de l’Ail à la Vigne rouge. Editions Alpen. 2009.
- Manual de Fitoterapia. Castillo-García and Martínez-Solís. Elsevier. 2011.
- Principles and practice of Phytotherapy. Bone and Mills. Second Edition. Elsevier. 2013.
- Beneficial health properties of iridoids terpenes. López Carreras, N.; Miguel, M.; Aleixandre, A. Nutr Clin Diet. Hosp. 2012. 32(3):81-91.
- Vitex agnus-castus extracts for female reproductive disorders: a systematic review of clinical trials. van Die et al. Planta Med. 2013. 79: 562-575.
- Effects and treatment methods of acupuncture and herbal medicine for premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder: systematic review. Jang et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014. 14: 11.
- Chasteberry. Roemheld-Hamm. Am Fam Physician. 2005. 72(5): 821-4.
- Chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus)--pharmacology and clinical indications. Wuttke et al. Phytomedicine. 2003. 10(4): 348-57.
- Community herbal monograph on Vitex agnus-castus L., fructus. Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC). EMA/HMPC/144006/2009.
Use: Organic Chasteberry Consulting batch information
1 capsule per day with half a glass of water at breakfast.
Do not use in case of pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Organic Chasteberry Consulting batch information
PRODUCT NAMEOrganic Chasteberry
BOTANICAL NAMEVitex agnus-castus L.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER120 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
The active ingredient content is guaranteed through regular analyses.
Organic products at Anastore are produced in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 and its subsequent amendments on organic production and the labelling of organic products, with the aim of ensuring consumer confidence and protecting consumer interests.
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2021/05/04