Standardised to contain 5% withanolides
Expiration date (End Of): 02/2022 |
Lot: D13671 | Ref. NA15
3 + 1 free
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an adaptogenic plant used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 3,000 years. Also known as “Indian Ginseng”, it is recognised as a remedy with powerful properties.
Extract of Ashwagandha root, standardised to contain 5% withanolides:
Due to its standardised withanolide content, Ashwagandha contributes to the health and strengthening of the body: it is the ultimate regulator.
Ashwagandha stimulates immune system defences, helping to avoid numerous illnesses and restoring vitality and energy.
It is also used to stimulate libido, enhance sexual function and combat infertility, since it improves and revitalises sperm quality and also combat premature ejaculation.
It also plays a role in combating mental fatigue, reducing the harmful effects of stress and depression. Its relaxant and calming properties promote restful sleep and relaxation.
Ashwagandha: Detailed information
The Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) plant is from the Solanaceae family. Botanically, it is characterised by its green leaves, small flowers and red seeds. It has a distinctive smell, and can grow up to two metres high, but the main part of the Ashwagandha is its root, which is divided into a long central stem and a mass of smaller, secondary roots.
Commonly known as Indian ginseng, Ashwagandha is the most famous of the Ayurvedic medicinal plants. Its root has been used as a rasayana – a therapeutic agent for rejuvenation and lengthening lifespan – for more than 3,000 years.
Following the principles of Ayurvedic medicine, in India Ashwagandha root is used by men and women alike, and is widely prescribed by doctors for adults with low libido, to restore vitality and enhance sexual function.
It is prescribed due to its adaptogenic properties, which improve overall immunity and resistance to different types of mental and physical stress. In addition, unlike other stimulants such as caffeine, adaptogens have no side effects such as addiction, tolerance or sleep disorders.
- Causes an increase in antibodies through its increased immunostimulatory capacity.1
- Its antioxidant activity boosts the aphrodisiac, antitumor and cardioprotective properties.2
- Research supports its use as a mood stabiliser during anxiety and depression, by reducing tribulin levels in the brain (a marker of anxiety).3
- Its adaptogenic properties have been tested for improving chronic stress.4
- Increases the serum levels of the markers of semen quality, improving sperm mobility and count.5
- Has a short-term chondroprotective effect on torn or damaged cartilage, by inhibiting type II collagenase.6
Our Ashwagandha root extract is standardised to contain 5% withanolides, which come from triterpene lactones and are responsible for the numerous properties recognised and tested by multiple studies: stimulatory effect on the immune system, antioxidant activity, sexual tonic and stimulant against mental fatigue in times of stress and depression, increasing strength from within.
- Studies on the immunomodulatory effects of Ashwagandha. Mohammed Ziauddin et Al. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 1996
- Evidence for free radical scavenging activity of Ashwagandha root powder in mice. Sunanda Panda and Anand Kar. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 1997
- Anxiolytic-antidepressant activity of Withania somnifera glycowithanolides: an experimental study. S.K. Bhattacharya et Al. Phytomedicine. 2000
- Adaptogenic activity of Withania somnifera: an experimental study using a rat model of chronic stress. S K Bhattacharya et Al. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. 2003
- Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regulating reproductive hormone levels and oxidative stress in seminal plasma of infertile males. Mohammad Kaleem Ahmad et Al. American Society for Reproductive Medicine. 2009
- Chondroprotective potential of root extracts of Withania somnifera in osteoarthritis. Sumatran VN et Al. J. Biosci. 2007.
Ingredients: Ashwagandha Consulting batch information
†N/A: Not applicable
Potato starch, vegetable-based capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
This product does not contain allergens (in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011) nor genetically modified organisms.
Use: Ashwagandha Consulting batch information
2 capsules per day with half a glass of water, two hours before bedtime.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are undergoing medical treatment, seek your therapist's advice. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of young children.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Quality: Ashwagandha Consulting batch information
BOTANICAL NAMEWithania somnifera (L.) Dunal
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER30 servings
FABRICATION AND GUARANTEE:
This dietary supplement is manufactured by a GMP-compliant laboratory (GMPs are the good manufacturing practice guidelines for the European pharmaceutical industry).
Their active principle content is guaranteed through regular tests, which can be viewed online.
The labelling of our products complies with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 and its subsequent amendments, with the aim of ensuring a high level of consumer protection in relation to food information.
Our packaging complies with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 and its subsequent amendments on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, aiming to secure a high level of protection of human health and the interests of consumers.
Anastore is registered on the Food Safety Register of Food Business Operators, whose purpose is to protect public health and consumer interests, where the definitions provided for in Articles 2 and 3 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and their subsequent amendments, are applicable.
These Regulations lay down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety, in addition to laying down general rules in relation to the hygiene of foodstuffs.
Finally, Anastore notifies the placing on the market of its food supplements in accordance with the specific regulations of each country.
Registration QR Code
HEAD OF THE QUALITY DEPARTMENT
Certificate issue date: 2020/04/06